WR Snap Counts

Smash Mouth

I was reading colts.com and saw these snap counts for the WRs:

1. ​Moncrief (57 of 61)
  2. TY (55 of 61)
  3. AJ (41 of 61)
  4. Dorsett (15 of 61)

Two observations:

• AJ has slid to #3 status very quickly and is trending towards #4 behind Dorsett.  No catches for #81 yesterday.
  • Grigson is an awful judge of veteran WR talent

I like that Pagano made some changes this weekend including keeping Moncrief on the field.    I feel like our WRs (& TEs) are still searching for an identity as a group.  I thought that AJ could step in an anchor them with some vet leadership.  Maybe he's doing that from the sidelines and in meetings  but we're not getting anything on the field from him.  Another donut from him and Dorsett mays as well take even more of his reps.

I never agreed with Grigson on the AJ signing.  To me Houston letting him go with all their young WRs said enough.

That looks about right to me. If the season progresses and Johnson is still ineffective, then I expect to see more Dorsett.

This is a dumpster fire offense

In the Jets game on the Pryor interception that was on Luck. Johnson was open but pass was behind him

Johnson can still be a productive WR. Clearly not as dominant as in his prime but still effective but only if used & used right. This is offense is awful right now

And I don't want Dorsett on the field until he learns how to hold onto the ball.

Bingo, but no one wants to talk about that. Smh

yeah man i dont get it lol....i often feel that some just post to post...regardless if they have watched the game or not lol. "Johnson's only target was a drop" and "Johnsons got no value...we need Dorsett starting because in 3 games he has 5 catches and a score!!"

lol...you gotta admit tho, def funny reading material lol

Moncrief has really taken it to the next level this year and I couldn't be happier! I loved the pick in 2014 and felt he had all the measurables to be an eventual #1 in this league. Many forget that he was the youngest player in the NFL last year and hopefully will continue to grow into what I believe he can be as he matures?

yeah man i dont get it lol....i often feel that some just post to post...regardless if they have watched the game or not lol. "Johnson's only target was a drop" and "Johnsons got no value...we need Dorsett starting because in 3 games he has 5 catches and a score!!"

lol...you gotta admit tho, def funny reading material lol

So his drop wasn't a drop? Got it....

Two things:

1. That is not the play the poster was talking about.
  2. That does not sum up the season.

I know what Play he was talking about, the play he was talking about isn't recorded because it was nullified by the flag so it doesn't show as a target.

That's the first vid I found of the drop, I didn't say it sums up the season.

So you also didn't see the drop?

lol...you lost several debates in life havent you lol....in a debate you need to argue on topic....it was initially said that his ONLY target was a drop

did you find a legit drop? sure...thats not the debate lol...but still kudos to you

was that his ONLY target?.....oh, no it wasnt?

please, slow down and read...without just skimming to rush your reply...ignorance is avoided by using, thought.

Thank You

lol...you lost several debates in life havent you lol....in a debate you need to argue on topic....it was initially said that his ONLY target was a drop

did you find a legit drop? sure...thats not the debate lol...but still kudos to you

was that his ONLY target?.....oh, no it wasnt?

please, slow down and read...without just skimming to rush your reply...ignorance is avoided by using, thought.

Thank You

If you knew how to read you would've noticed I said his only "recorded target" was a drop. Maybe you should your own advice....

If you knew how to read you would've noticed I said his only "recorded target" was a drop. Maybe you should your own advice....

edit for civility 

you friend are just trying to twist words and bash the Colts....have fun brother. Just remember to come out from under the bridge on occasion to get some sun man.

peace

Pretty sure his only recorded target was a drop too.

edit for civility 

you friend are just trying to twist words and bash the Colts....have fun brother. Just remember to come out from under the bridge on occasion to get some sun man.

peace

I was the 1st to reply to this topic and in it I said recorded target, there's only one troll here and it's you.

He caught a huge pass right after Pat's fake punt but was called back because of Thornton holding. Went from having all the momentum to absolute momentum killer.

Did I say he didn't? There is a difference between recorded target and target. I wish people would take time to digest what they read before posting.

Did I say he didn't? There is a difference between recorded target and target. I wish people would take time to digest what they read before posting.

Yes but saying only recorded target vs target is the difference of one drop on one target and one drop and a massive gain on two targets.

I know what Play he was talking about, the play he was talking about isn't recorded because it was nullified by the flag so it doesn't show as a target.

That's the first vid I found of the drop, I didn't say it sums up the season.

This is the post you replied to, "not true....he had a BIG gain on a reception...guess what happened? called back by penalty...BUT...he WOULD HAVE had 1 decent play for sure...ball in hands, yards gained...nullified by the flag "

You quoted that post and then responded with "Looks like a drop to me..."

And look at the quote from the twitter feed you posted, it says, "sums up the year

gph.is/1YJbIgS?tc=1"

This is the post you replied to, "not true....he had a BIG gain on a reception...guess what happened? called back by penalty...BUT...he WOULD HAVE had 1 decent play for sure...ball in hands, yards gained...nullified by the flag "

You quoted that post and then responded with "Looks like a drop to me..."

And look at the quote from the twitter feed you posted, it says, "sums up the year

gph.is/1YJbIgS?tc=1"

Sorry, I guess I should've deleted text from his post when I quoted him. I just wanted to show him the Recorded target.

They are not frowned upon, but while a correct "fact", it is omitting another key fact that would allow a third party to determine how he played.

I have never had intentions of slamming players in the forum.  If I knew it was going to cause a stir I would've put both targets for Johnson. I was simply responding to the official target. I'm sorry.

So you also didn't see the drop?

Saw the drop, also saw Luck's turnovers & how he continues to force feed Hilton. Which ironically lead to that pick by Perrish Cox I believe it was

You can't say Johnson isn't producing when this offense is awful & Luck is out here force feeding people

We finally got the TE's involved yesterday. And for the love of all things Colts can someone please teach the offensive line to stop holding

Every big play was negated or I was holding my breath on every big play seeing if a flag was thrown

We need to run the :flyingelvis: offense. Dink & dunk to where Hugh Thornton won't have enough time to hold someone

Saw the drop, also saw Luck's turnovers & how he continues to force feed Hilton. Which ironically lead to that pick by Perrish Cox I believe it was

You can't say Johnson isn't producing when this offense is awful & Luck is out here force feeding people

We finally got the TE's involved yesterday. And for the love of all things Colts can someone please teach the offensive line to stop holding

Every big play was negated or I was holding my breath on every big play seeing if a flag was thrown

We need to run the :flyingelvis: offense. Dink & dunk to where Hugh Thornton won't have enough time to hold someone

I agree, Johnson isn't in a good situation right now. Hopefully the 4th quarter was the real beginning to their season.

I have never had intentions of slamming players in the forum.  If I knew it was going to cause a stir I would've put both targets for Johnson. I was simply responding to the official target. I'm sorry.

respect. im sorry for getting in to a petty back and forth with you. your statement literally is very true. His only "recorded" target was most def a drop. No argument.

i may have been too defensive from the start after reading sooooooo many "fans" do nothing but bash and make irrational arguments. 

shame on me for assuming you were doing the same, as opposed to giving you credit where credit may be deserved.

Johnson has left a lot to be desired to this early point in the season. I would simply defend its not quite time for him to ride the pine, while Dorsett does what so many people "believe" he can do.

-for what its worth

ah man I wanted to like the post so much...until the last line lol. Thats my only spot of respectful disagreement lol.

on topic tho....with more involvement in the passing game from the TEs...back to that numbers game...who suffers?

well in week 3 id say it was Johnson

Looks like a drop to me.....

sums up the year http://t.co/WGfvJWb9Q2

— Kyle J. Rodriguez (@ColtsAuth_Kyle)

September 28, 2015

His feet get tangled with the DB, who also falls down.  Andre would have caught the ball if he wasn't stumbling.  Having said that, I didn't tlike the signing at the time.  Too much money for a WR who was having his snaps reduced by his previous team. 

respect. im sorry for getting in to a petty back and forth with you. your statement literally is very true. His only "recorded" target was most def a drop. No argument.

i may have been too defensive from the start after reading sooooooo many "fans" do nothing but bash and make irrational arguments. 

shame on me for assuming you were doing the same, as opposed to giving you credit where credit may be deserved.

Johnson has left a lot to be desired to this early point in the season. I would simply defend its not quite time for him to ride the pine, while Dorsett does what so many people "believe" he can do.

-for what its worth

Thanks, I appreciate it. Glad we could resolve this.