Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Opinions on Phillip Dorsett to this point

Yoshinator

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnson is a liability was once a great receiver but has no business getting the snaps he does . Guy can't get open while D's are keying on other players  . Was never happy about his signing just another washed up receiver brought in and playing over talented youth than needs to get the experience .

The biggest thing I want to see this week is better protection, and crisp execution on offense.  That's the biggest differences I've seen between the Colts when compared with the Packers and Patriots.  Those two teams are flawless in there execution, they deliver the ball exactly where it needs to go when they have correctly identified the defensive coverage.  If they have to take the low hanging fruit, they take the low hanging fruit.  You just don't see a lot of wasted plays with them.  Our offensive personnel is better than or on par with both teams, but they are much better than us when it comes to execution and protection.   I'm looking for steady improvement in each game going forward.  Some may say coaching which I won't argue with, but right now I think this team offensively has a bigger problem with executing what they were coached and schemed up to do.  I'm looking for continued growth in these areas this week.

but the difference is belechicks line is very good at protecting the golden boy green bays line although not as good as NEs is good enough combined with Rodgers pocket awareness, ability to move, and overall football iq. our line is struggling significantly with pass protection luck will be on time and accurate if he has a pocket to step up into and has trust in the line but  agree 100% with u Rodgers and brady execute flawlessly and u don't see that as often with luck lots of errant throws that leave u scratching ur head but I will say either brady or Rodgers do not attempt as many deep throws as pep likes to call. one thing I think Christensen needs to drill into lucks head U HAVE TO THROW THE BALL AWAY SOMETIMES..... I mean sometimes the play just isn't there and it seems that luck NEVER thinks like that. he will progress though ill bet my firstborn and in 2-3 years luck will be following the footsteps of the current REAL goat qb Rodgers..

I was a huge fan of the Andre signing, hated the Dorsett pick however, I think now, in hindsight, Grigs looks like a genius.  it was a luxury pick for sure, but it looks to pay dividends, Andre right now is worst than Reggie was at the end of the season.  Not showing up at all on the field.  

We wasted a lot of money of a guy not as good as Reggie.  Reggie is out there, I think it is time to resign him.  He at least has chemistry and history on his side, Johnson looks like he's giving 10% effort and even less interest.  Perhaps the 0-2 start took the life out of him.  He wanted to play for a winner and ride the coattails of a Super Bowl favorite, but so far he's not bringing a thing to help make that happen. 

We wasted a lot of money of a guy not as good as Reggie. Reggie is out there, I think it is time to resign him. He at least has chemistry and history on his side, Johnson looks like he's giving 10% effort and even less interest. Perhaps the 0-2 start took the life out of him. He wanted to play for a winner and ride the coattails of a Super Bowl favorite, but so far he's not bringing a thing to help make that happen.

Not as good as Reggie? Don't be silly. I love Reggie and he's my favorite colt of all time but that ship sailed a while ago. He was never getting open, clearly lost a step and his hands were pretty bad as he dropped several passes. Reggie would be doing almost no better than AJ. AJ still has 13 games to show something anyway, hope is not lost for him yet.

That said Dorsett does need to get more plays.

Not as good as Reggie? Don't be silly. I love Reggie and he's my favorite colt of all time but that ship sailed a while ago. He was never getting open, clearly lost a step and his hands were pretty bad as he dropped several passes. Reggie would be doing almost no better than AJ. AJ still has 13 games to show something anyway, hope is not lost for him yet.

Reggie had a hell of a lot better stats through 3 weeks than Johnson did last year and I don't even have to look it up to know it.  But go ahead and get back to me if I am wrong. 

We wasted a lot of money of a guy not as good as Reggie.  Reggie is out there, I think it is time to resign him.  He at least has chemistry and history on his side, Johnson looks like he's giving 10% effort and even less interest.  Perhaps the 0-2 start took the life out of him.  He wanted to play for a winner and ride the coattails of a Super Bowl favorite, but so far he's not bringing a thing to help make that happen. 

^Agreed 110%

Neither is AJ and AJ has dropped what little targets hes had.....

dorsett has one fumble at WR including the regular and preseason.  he also never plays against the number one corner.

AJ needs to ride the bench.  moncrief is starting to come along, but dorsett could be better than him sooner rather than later too

I appreciate your comments bro, but ive voiced my opinion already on the thread and im a tad bit over this subject lol

Can't hate on Andre till luck stops throwing bullets at his fingertips and lobs him a jump ball..luck throws him the most ugly passes as he did with nicks last year lol..and then when Andre makes a play it's usually for many yards just to find out there's a holding penalty

Can't hate on Andre till luck stops throwing bullets at his fingertips and lobs him a jump ball..luck throws him the most ugly passes as he did with nicks last year lol..and then when Andre makes a play it's usually for many yards just to find out there's a holding penalty

understatement of the thread lol. many people have no idea just how fast NFL QBs throw the ball, and how...not very easy, it is to catch those bullets. To me this has been an issue...

Ive (as have several others) mentioned prior that all of our receivers have different games. Different strengths and weaknesses...

Andre Johnson....is he going to blaze DBs deep? NO....is he going to get separation on mid level routes? NO. Can he big body short throws? Absolutely...but....

When the QB is throwing a rocket, high, 7 yards away....those passes can reach highway driving speeds lol.

Perhaps AJ would be getting a little more love if he was being used/treated in a  manner consistent with his game. IMO, thus far he has NOT been playing his game, and has NOT received much help in attempting to do so.

understatement of the thread lol. many people have no idea just how fast NFL QBs throw the ball, and how...not very easy, it is to catch those bullets. To me this has been an issue...

Ive (as have several others) mentioned prior that all of our receivers have different games. Different strengths and weaknesses...

Andre Johnson....is he going to blaze DBs deep? NO....is he going to get separation on mid level routes? NO. Can he big body short throws? Absolutely...but....

When the QB is throwing a rocket, high, 7 yards away....those passes can reach highway driving speeds lol.

Perhaps AJ would be getting a little more love if he was being used/treated in a manner consistent with his game. IMO, thus far he has NOT been playing his game, and has NOT received much help in attempting to do so.

I noticed that about luck when Hilton is running full speed Andrew lobs the pass softly to him lol..he need to throw those dart passes to Hilton to catch him in stride and lob the jump ball type of passes to Andre bc as we know he isn't gonna beat you with speed..but we do know he can outjump defenders and come down with the ball. Even if it's a back shoulder fade on the sideline..I agree with him that he's playing with the best Qb he's ever had but damn give the guy a good ball to fight for..Luck needs to work on his touch on passes to spefic receivers

I noticed that about luck when Hilton is running full speed Andrew lobs the pass softly to him lol..he need to throw those dart passes to Hilton to catch him in stride and lob the jump ball type of passes to Andre bc as we know he isn't gonna beat you with speed..but we do know he can outjump defenders and come down with the ball. Even if it's a back shoulder fade on the sideline..I agree with him that he's playing with the best Qb he's ever had but damn give the guy a good ball to fight for..Luck needs to work on his touch on passes to spefic receivers

for sure man. this what wat most experts mean when talking about QB/WR being in sync...its not just about the timing of when they will break in a route, that is def a huge part, but the other half of being in sync is about the actual ball delivery.

the QB/WR have to be on the same understanding of not only how the routes need to be run, but also how the ball is going to arrive. 

if we would have seen better judgement on touch/velocity on some passes thus far this season, perhaps some of those INTs connect to the WR, perhaps some of those deep balls go for 6, perhaps some of those drops are hauled in....would we still be having all the negativity towards Johnson, Luck, Oline, Pep, Pags, etc?... who knows lol...but i would think probably a lot less

Reggie had a hell of a lot better stats through 3 weeks than Johnson did last year and I don't even have to look it up to know it.  But go ahead and get back to me if I am wrong. 

Just a follow up.  I checked last season and Reggie's first 4 game saw 23 catches for 307 yards and a touchdown.  

So Mr. Johnson needs about 20 catches for about 300 yards and a touchdown against the Jaguars to match old tired worn out good for nothing kicked to the curb Reggie Wayne. 

Reggie played seriously injured most of the second half of the season and still had respectable stats.  We don't need him to be a #1 or #2... he could be depth and clutch possession on 3rd down and be a valuable asset.  He couldn't possibly be worse than Johnson.  

I don't agree with slowly "easing" him in. Let's stop labeling him as a rookie WR and acknowledge the fact that he is a weapon. He's a weapon that this offense can use more of now.

Going to stick to what I said a week ago: they need to unleash him. And not by just running him deep either. Give him some short passes where he can use his speed to get YAC.

I agree. Anderson, Parry, and Geathers haven't been "eased in" and they're performing very well. That said, the offensive playbook is probably a little more difficult to pick up for a rookie WR than say, the defensive scheme for a rookie DE or NT. Dorsett does have a catch of 25+ yards in each game though, and it's obvious what his strengths are, so he'll start showing up on the stat sheet more and more as the season progresses.