Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tyler Varga

Colts rock

Any player needs to have a lot of reps to get into the game. Must be hard to spread the ball around evenly, but when Varga eventually gets a lot of reps I think he will produce. As a team with Gore, I think each could soften up the d-line for the
other. It's just a matter of time before Varga produces on a regular basis. He looks like a winner.

Edited by 21isSuperman

I really like him. We've needed a hard nose player like him for a while. He needs to be our number 2 back behind Gore. I had high hopes for J-Rob, but he hasn't looked too great. Its only been 2 games so J-Rob may end up being fine, but its my opinion that Varga is our 2nd best back right now. I think he'll be a solid backup back for us for the next several years. And also I'd get him more involved tomorrow. I'm hoping we start using him in the passing game. Dump it off to him 5-6 times and let him carry it 7-8 times too.

And if its not Gore I think he should be in on 3rd downs instead of J-Rob. You know Varga's gotta be a better blocker than Robinson.

I agree. I am not impressed with Robinson. We need to switch things up in several area's. Lets see what Pep brings to the table tomorrow. He has took heat all week from fans and media so he should be extra prepared for this game after losing the first 2 like we did.

I agree. I am not impressed with Robinson. We need to switch things up in several area's. Lets see what Pep brings to the table tomorrow. He has took heat all week from fans and media so he should be extra prepared for this game after losing the first 2 like we did.

Yeah. But it wouldn't surprise me if he calls a flee flicker, or something wild like that on the first play off the game and then turns right around and resorts back to the same ole Pep LOL. But seriously. I do think we'll be mixing things up a bit tomorrow. If we do we may look like a totally different offense. Short passes, screen passes, and TE's more involved.

Yeah. But it wouldn't surprise me if he calls a flee flicker, or something wild like that on the first play off the game and then turns right around and resorts back to the same ole Pep LOL. But seriously. I do think we'll be mixing things up a bit tomorrow. If we do we may look like a totally different offense. Short passes, screen passes, and TE's more involved.

I hope so. I want to see something different and the guys having fun. Maybe being the favorite wasn't a good thing to start the season. What I mean by that the guys looked tight and like they weren't having fun. You look at our first 3 seasons with Luck, the guys always seemed to have each others back and Coaches back. They always looked like they were having fun too. Sometimes when you are the favorite to go to the SB things change. It never bothers the Patriots being favored but they have Belichick.

We haven't seen him run the ball much in the regular season, but he's doing everything they ask him to do and not making any mistakes.

He's definitely moving his way up the depth chart. He was number 4 with Ballard. Currently at 3, but could move to 2 over Robinson if he keeps his play up.

He needs to take a knee on kick-offs in the end zone. Not sure why he does "the Carlton" in the end zone before kick-offs -- motivation I guess or just enjoying the pre-kick tunes.

I've actually liked him on KR's. Usually he seems to make it out to the 30. I can only recall one around the 20 or less.