Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Robert Mathis play this weekend?

RockThatBlue

I just want Robert fully recovered so if he never saw meaningful action until mid October. I'd be fine with it as long as the rust was knocked off & he was ready to sack QBs in pristine fashion by November.

I don't wanna rush him. He's already been thru enough complications. Slow & easy man; Slow & easy. Rome wasn't built in a day & rehab really can't be pushed. Work ethic yes; physical rebirth ahead of schedule no. 

I want Mathis back front and center Monday night!  His return would just set the D on fire.

Heck he's practicing every week so he could hurt that thing in practice to be honest.  I feel

the best way is to ease him in to live game play.  Start him off as a situational pass rusher

and by mid season you can put things back the way they were before the injury with him starting

full time.  I just don't think you keep making him inactive.

Whether he should play or not, the question is do you think he will be out there?  I say yes.  I think the ONLY reason he didn't go last week was they were saving his return for the home game.  And Monday night no less.  I think we'll see him out there in situational rushes.  I just hope it's the right move.

Whether he should play or not, the question is do you think he will be out there?  I say yes.  I think the ONLY reason he didn't go last week was they were saving his return for the home game.  And Monday night no less.  I think we'll see him out there in situational rushes.  I just hope it's the right move.

I think they saved him because the doctor(s) said "not yet".  Saving him for Monday night makes for some emotional lift last for a couple of plays.

With Mathis out there warming up last week I am guessing they were debating on playing him last week. I am just thinking that they didn't want him out there playing on that slick field with the rain. They probably want him playing when there is more secure fielding to keep the stress on his Achilles to the absolute minimum.

I want Mathis back, as the old Mathis, but history says that players who sustain the Achilles injury at his age will see a drop off in ability. It's just a reality.

See Terrell Suggs.....he was very slow when he first got back, and now he is gone with another Achilles tear.....

I see Mathis playing as I mentioned in another thread...with the roof coming down when he does++++It's Monday Night Football!!!! :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet: