Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tebow-Mania Is Over

oldunclemark

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was always obvious Tebow just isn't a good quarterback. He can run the ball but his passing is utterly horrendous. I have no idea how he managed his Tebow-mania streak but it was always going to die.

Denver and Elway have a serious problem...because they cant win with him anytime soon...

..I wonder how many choices and players they would give to Indy for Luck?

Denver and Elway have a serious problem...because they cant win with him anytime soon...

..I wonder how many choices and players they would give to Indy for Luck?

3 firsts, 2 seconds and Von Miller please!

You know the Broncos made the playoffs right????

Definetly...sarow..but did you see today's game.... ???

He's missing iopen recivers..like he has 10 weeks in a row..and the defenses have caught up to the option

I feel sorry for Tebow....he's a big left-handed Curtis Painter..bless his heart..

Well the Broncos are in the playoffs, and as the weather gets colder, that means the run game and good defense will be more prevalent. Tim Tebow isn't done yet.

That's what the Bears said with Caleb Hanie

.....Its a disaster.....

They need to look at Brady Quinn for the playoff game....

Definetly...sarow..but did you see today's game.... ???

He's missing iopen recivers..like he has 10 weeks in a row..and the defenses have caught up to the option

I feel sorry for Tebow....he's a big left-handed Curtis Painter..bless his heart..

ah gotcha

yeah and the best part is Tebow gets to face the Steelers next week. . .should be fun!

6 of 21 in a 7-3 loss..2 turnovers.....super-inept

..3rd loss in a row.....

Broncos collapse....

J. Elway calls Mr. Polian about that No.1 choice..

And hopefully Mr. Polian tells him to booger off simply out of principal. I don't care if ole John offers their next two complete drafts.....John wouldn't do business with us in the 80s (well, Baltimore), we won't do business with him now.

6 of 21 in a 7-3 loss..2 turnovers.....super-inept

..3rd loss in a row.....

Broncos collapse....

J. Elway calls Mr. Polian about that No.1 choice..

Did you watch the game? I saw allot of reciever issues for them. Hes really a rookie, just beginning. What about Sanchez? I Dont see youtalking about his choking. I think Tebow has earned himself another year as starter and see how much he improves. Unbelievable to say what you said. Is there something about him that you hate? I have an idea of what it might be.

Tebow is still young and has time to grow as a passer, but the hype was a bit ridiculous. I gave him credit for winning those games when they were there to be won, but I knew he couldn't make a career of winning that way. Eventually he was going to turn the ball over in a clutch moment and it happened today.

I think Elway has no choice now but to give Tebow a chance in 2012.

I've said this from the beginning... the guy's body-of-work encompasses less than one full season in the NFL. You're not going to know for sure, either way, based on that small of a sampling. The hype surrounding him was overblown, and now the criticism surrounding him is overblown. Just let the guy play and see what happens. Quarterbacks get better at throwing the ball as they gain experience. Just look at Drew Brees. We don't know what Tebow is going to be yet. No one does.

I think Elway has no choice now but to give Tebow a chance in 2012.

I've said this from the beginning... the guy's body-of-work encompasses less than one full season in the NFL. You're not going to know for sure, either way, based on that small of a sampling. The hype surrounding him was overblown, and now the criticism surrounding him is overblown. Just let the guy play and see what happens. Quarterbacks get better at throwing the ball as they gain experience. Just look at Drew Brees. We don't know what Tebow is going to be yet. No one does.

That's where we differ........The criticism is not overblown..

His passing is sub-par below average by NFL standards..in EVERY Game.

Edited by Maureen
religious comments not allowed

He has looked pretty bad the last few games, but his receivers have dropped a lot of catchable passes that could have made a difference - specially in the KC game. I still like the guys attitude and really hope he can pull off a win against the Steelers! I agree with GoPats - Tebow still hasn't had a whole lot of time to develop - and IMO its too early to say the magic is over.

That's where we differ........The criticism is not overblown..

His passing is sub-par below average by NFL standards..in EVERY Game.

He shouldnt be starting and, if he didnt praise his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ every 10 minutes...to appease his cult following..he wouldnt be...

If he was a Muslim, he'd be in Arena Football..

I would agree with you but there's one thing I'm taking into account that you may not be:

His teammates love him. And they want him to play. Football is an emotional game, it's the ultimate "team sport," and his leadership skills are uncanny. If there was any dissension in the locker room I would be with you on this, but to me, the opinion of his teammates trumps anything that anyone else says about him.

After eight starts it wasn't logical to start carving his bust for Canton. And after three straight losses it's not logical to bury his career already. If he comes back in 2012 and can improve in increments, he may stick around.

Just too early to tell. I'm not a huge college football follower so I don't really have any predetermined opinion on Tebow either way. Just trying to look at the situation objectively.

And I could care less about someone's religion, honestly. For me, it's about what they do on the field and how their teammates feel about them.

He has looked pretty bad the last few games, but his receivers have dropped a lot of catchable passes that could have made a difference - specially in the KC game. I still like the guys attitude and really hope he can pull off a win against the Steelers! I agree with GoPats - Tebow still hasn't had a whole lot of time to develop - and IMO its too early to say the magic is over.

Cam Newton 's recievers drop a lot of balls, too

the games Denver won were flukes...you all saw them...

a Bear doesnt run our of bounds......a Jet runs out of position and takes himself out of a play

they caught up to the 'read option'

Just like the caught up to the 'Wildcat'

College football defenses are like infants compared to pro defenses...

Its over

I would agree with you but there's one thing I'm taking into account that you may not be:

His teammates love him. And they want him to play. Football is an emotional game, it's the ultimate "team sport," and his leadership skills are uncanny. If there was any dissension in the locker room I would be with you on this, but to me, the opinion of his teammates trumps anything that anyone else says about him.

After eight starts it wasn't logical to start carving his bust for Canton. And after three straight losses it's not logical to bury his career already. If he comes back in 2012 and can improve in increments, he may stick around.

Just too early to tell. I'm not a huge college football follower so I don't really have any predetermined opinion on Tebow either way. Just trying to look at the situation objectively.

And I could care less about someone's religion, honestly. For me, it's about what they do on the field and how their teammates feel about them.

Pats...I'm sure most of his teammates do like him...

But the groundwswell that shipped Orton (a better QB , we can all agree) out of town

was caused by his constant cult like religious personna

If he were a politician....folks would be honest about how they felt about that....

Pats...I'm sure most of his teammates do like him...

But the groundwswell that shipped Orton (a better QB , we can all agree) out of town

was caused by his constant cult like religious personna

If he were a politician....folks would be honest about how they felt about that....

In all seriousness, have you read/heard anything about his teammates not liking him?

From what I've gathered, Tebow's devout religious nature resonates very well with the team. I don't know, they won't let me in any NFL locker rooms anymore. rotflmao

In all seriousness, have you read/heard anything about his teammates not liking him?

From what I've gathered, Tebow's devout religious nature resonates very well with the team. I don't know, they won't let me in any NFL locker rooms anymore. rotflmao

..as I said....I'm sure mst of his teammates do like him and the ones who didnt wouldnt say so becuase of his ppularity witht he fans..

Edited by Maureen
religious commentary, not allowed

Tebow is not an NFL quarterback. His passes are extremely terrible. He'll have a wide open receiver and the pass will be at their feet or 10 feet behind them. He is nowhere near accurate and that won't change with his throwing motion. He will never win a SB as a quarterback. While he was winning all those games, he never played a great defense. Once he plays a great team, he folds under the pressure. He couldn't even beat KC, how is he gonna beat Pittsburgh?

Tebow is not an NFL quarterback. His passes are extremely terrible. He'll have a wide open receiver and the pass will be at their feet or 10 feet behind them. He is nowhere near accurate and that won't change with his throwing motion. He will never win a SB as a quarterback. While he was winning all those games, he never played a great defense. Once he plays a great team, he folds under the pressure. He couldn't even beat KC, how is he gonna beat Pittsburgh?

True Collie..

Did Denver defeat one playoff team?

all year?

The steelers limp into the playoffs themselves as well.They have injuries all over the place.The broncos will win this game.

Hah. No. Steelers will stop the Broncos run and force Tebow to beat them through the air. I'll be surprised if Broncos put up double digits.

Well OldUncleMark will probably have some other excuse about why the Broncos won...his Tebow bashing is topped by no one but Meril Hodge...

You know he will have some kind of explaination for Tebow's 316yds passing and 2 TD and 1 TD rushing...along with ZERO turnovers vs the #1 ranked Defense in the NFL

Tebow wins. Again.

Man, too bad he couldn't beat a "playoff" team. Too bad he can't put up yards vs. a "top" defense. Too bad "defenses have caught up to him." Oh well, maybe they can draft a QB.

Congrats to all the haters. You've been Tebow'd. :D

Let the excuses begin!

Did you se the game

Pit was without the entire D-line and Ben was crippled...

1-3 in do-or-die games wont cut it..

Lets see denver win at NE