Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tebow-Mania Is Over

oldunclemark

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 9, 2012 - religious comments not allowed
Hidden by Nadine, January 9, 2012 - religious comments not allowed

Bump. Called this.

Don't mock the man and the God that he serves. That is all. :whatever:

Randal Graves: No sir. They are not a gift from God. They are an unholy curse from the beast we call the Desolate One.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 9, 2012 - religious comments not allowed
Hidden by Nadine, January 9, 2012 - religious comments not allowed

Well OldUncleMark will probably have some other excuse about why the Broncos won...his Tebow bashing is topped by no one but Meril Hodge...

You know he will have some kind of explaination for Tebow's 316yds passing and 2 TD and 1 TD rushing...along with ZERO turnovers vs the #1 ranked Defense in the NFL

If he was Muslim,,would you care??

Seriously, his religious preference has nothing to do with the fact that he has a good winning percentage as a starting QB and also the fact that he threw for 316yds and had 3 td vs the #1 ranked D in the NFL.

As far as you saying that he's 1-3 in "do or die" games, you're wrong AGAIN...he is 1-0 in do or die games, as proof that the Broncos are still in the playoffs.

And your "lets see him do that in NE next week"...again, i'm sure that if he pulls off the win next week, you will come up with some other lame reason why he had nothing to do with the victory.

I'm not saying that he's the greatest QB around...but all of the people who try to discredit his every win and every stat line and immediately jump on him when the team does lose a game, just stop. You have all repeatedly made yourself look bad all year, stop already. If you dont like him, fine, but dont try to take credit away from every victory and blame him for every loss...especially when the victories FAR outweigh the losses.

Edited by Maureen
religious content removed

Seriously, his religious preference has nothing to do with the fact that he has a good winning percentage as a starting QB and also the fact that he threw for 316yds and had 3 td vs the #1 ranked D in the NFL.

As far as you saying that he's 1-3 in "do or die" games, you're wrong AGAIN...he is 1-0 in do or die games, as proof that the Broncos are still in the playoffs.

And your "lets see him do that in NE next week"...again, i'm sure that if he pulls off the win next week, you will come up with some other lame reason why he had nothing to do with the victory.

I'm not saying that he's the greatest QB around...but all of the people who try to discredit his every win and every stat line and immediately jump on him when the team does lose a game, just stop. You have all repeatedly made yourself look bad all year, stop already. If you dont like him, fine, but dont try to take credit away from every victory and blame him for every loss...especially when the victories FAR outweigh the losses.

The worst stat in football is the QB's won-loss record..

The QB doesnt play defebnse or special teams.

He's a passable QB but dont celebrate the wins unles you can stand up when he foes 6-fot-22 against KC.

Denver was 1-3 in do -or-die games... 'He' (the Lord, I guess) didnt win games all by himself as the Tebow-cult suggests

Needing one win to clinch the division (when the games began) Denver lost all 3 times.

Why is he the lowest rated QB in the NFL?

Edited by Maureen
religious comments removed

He's a passable QB but dont celebrate the wins unles you can stand up when he foes 6-fot-22 against KC.

Denver was 1-3 in do -or-die games... 'He' (the Lord, I guess) didnt win games all by himself as the Tebow-cult suggests

Needing one win to clinch the division (when the games began) Denver lost all 3 times.

SPIN SPIN SPIN.....

Did you NOT read the post about religious discussions?? Leave it out. He didn't get the job b/c of religion. He got the job b/c Denver's fan base was growing restless after a 1-4 start, and it was a "well it can't get any worse" move. He's unconventional, and leaves a lot to be desired as a "true pocket" QB....but he WINS. Ironically, people always get on Big Ben and his two rings b/c he wasn't great in those games like a Brady or Manning, and he doesn't even have close to the offensive weapons the Steelers have (even without Mendenhall)....He's also an all around good guy, no matter what his religion. He's a role model that young people can look up to. He works his butt off with the tools he has and just beat the number 1 defense in the NFL....and before you start with the injury excuses, remember the Broncos were HEAVY underdogs coming into this game.

Lay off the guy. He may not be Elway, but he's getting it done when it counts....NOW

Edited by Maureen
religious comments removed

I think youre completely wrong. THE MOST IMPORTANT STAT IN FOOTBALL IS WINS AND LOSSES to say otherwise shows just how crazy your opinion on this actually is!

and he is 1-0 in do or die games. those 3 losses didnt cause them to miss the playoffs and didnt put them out of the playoffs, and thus they werent do or die games at all. The playoff game however was a do or die game, and they won that...and he had 316yds passing 3td and 0 turnovers....so he got the win, had 316yds and 3 td 0 turnovers....what other stats can you thnk of there that matter or that say he didnt play a good game today and contribute directly to them winning the game?!

and your question can stand as long as you want, his religion has nothing to do with him winning games...the reason he got his chance to start this season is because of the fact that they couldnt win a game with Orton as the starter, so they decided to try something else...and it worked.

not sure why you're so hung up on his religion, when most of the rest of us are commenting on him winning games...and a playoff game too

Edited by Maureen
religious comment removed

SPIN SPIN SPIN.....

Did you NOT read the post about religious discussions?? Leave it out. He didn't get the job b/c of religion. He got the job b/c Denver's fan base was growing restless after a 1-4 start, and it was a "well it can't get any worse" move. He's unconventional, and leaves a lot to be desired as a "true pocket" QB....but he WINS. Ironically, people always get on Big Ben and his two rings b/c he wasn't great in those games like a Brady or Manning, and he doesn't even have close to the offensive weapons the Steelers have (even without Mendenhall)....He's also an all around good guy, no matter what his religion. He's a role model that young people can look up to. He works his butt off with the tools he has and just beat the number 1 defense in the NFL....and before you start with the injury excuses, remember the Broncos were HEAVY underdogs coming into this game.

Lay off the guy. He may not be Elway, but he's getting it done when it counts....NOW

where were you the last 3 weeks....

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 9, 2012 - religious
Hidden by Nadine, January 9, 2012 - religious

if you want to throw the religious thing into the conversation, try this on for size...

Tebow's favorite Bible verse is JOHN 3:16

JOHN told him to pull the trigger and let it fly

and today he threw for 316 yards....strange, huh?

Got to give you that one./.

Praise Jesus!!!!

where were you the last 3 weeks....

Doesn't matter. He got it done when it mattered most...in the playoffs. The D came up big no doubt, but Tebow still had to make those throws and runs. SCOREBOARD and the Steelers are on a jet home while the Broncos are preparing to play the Pats.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 9, 2012 - religious
Hidden by Nadine, January 9, 2012 - religious

for some reason, oldunclemark thinks that Tebow IS a religious discussion...he cant seem to understand that no one was talking religion until he started spouting off (incorrectly i might add) that the only reason Tebow gets to play is because of his religious faith...he (oldunclemark) is a ^fool^ when it comes to the reason Tebow plays etc.

Please stop with the religious debate and comments. I had to close a Tebow thread earlier this year because it had gotten out of hand. I really don't want to have to do that again.

A reminder of forum rules:

5. No political or religious discussions.

http://forums.colts....tion=boardrules

I realize it is difficult to keep religion out of this discussion. But please make an effort

I have edited/removed several posts from this thread.

Carry on (with no further religious commentary)

Thank you

if you want to throw the religious thing into the conversation, try this on for size...

I will quote the lyrics of 'lic-the-tins'...SOME THINGS WERE MEANT TO BE.I hope timmy can win the SB this year and officially give a giant 'you got tebowed' to the media.

Posted · Hidden by Zebra3, January 9, 2012 - continues the rumbling about religion
Hidden by Zebra3, January 9, 2012 - continues the rumbling about religion

Its sad when race and religion are attacked in such a manner.I just don't know why people can't keep it FOOTBALL RELATED.

Good call on the broncos win.

I don't hate Tim Tebow, how could anyone with his attitude? I just don't understand why people give him a pass (not this game) for sucking for 3 qtrs, just because one or two passes were made in OT, and then have the nerve to call him great. I like Tim Tebow the person, but that doesn't make me crazy enough to think he's a good qb.

31.6 average as well.

Tebow played great football today.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it was probably a coincidence. Believe it or not coincidences happen in nature.

I've rarely seen a more polarizing figure in sports than Mr. Tebow.

There are plenty of convicted criminals in the NFL. Men who have done time, etc. Tebow is, to me, eminently un-hate-able. He is, by all accounts, 100% genuine, and his teammates obviously love him and believe in him.

Ripping on Tebow, the person, is a little misguided.

Ripping on Tebow as a QB is another story, and you could make a good case on either side of that argument. Is he unconventional? Absolutely. Inaccurate? The stats would say yes. But how do you argue with results? No one knows if he'll keep this up or if he's a flash-in-the-pan, but I don't look at the Pats-Broncos game next week as an automatic W.

There are plenty of convicted criminals in the NFL. Men who have done time, etc. Tebow is, to me, eminently un-hate-able. He is, by all accounts, 100% genuine, and his teammates obviously love him and believe in him.

Ripping on Tebow as a QB is another story, and you could make a good case on either side of that argument. Is he unconventional? Absolutely. Inaccurate? The stats would say yes. But how do you argue with results? No one knows if he'll keep this up or if he's a flash-in-the-pan, but I don't look at the Pats-Broncos game next week as an automatic W.

I just dont by his off the field act......Its fake...Its a con. If he were a politician, you'd see it.

He's a football player..so you're blind to it...

..and his on-the-field QB act is mediocre. How many Pittsburgh defenders were out yesterday.?

..as far as the Tebow cult...its good to have you guys back on the board.

We missed you for three weeks..

Pat man

He is trying to be polarizing....He's gaming you...a Jimmy Swaggart-style preacher..... His life mission.

........I admire the way he can break tackles and he never seems to tire.

..and he can hit the open receiver if he gets the time...

The crime is that his O-line, his receivrs and his defense gets no credit.

In New England..They're facing another weak defense but they'lll be on the road....

Most of Denver's wins have been at home

..and they'll need 30 points to win...but after the way things fell for them yesterday....

Its hard to say its not possible....

NE is not the best team in the NFL

I just dont by his off the field act......Its fake...Its a con. If he were a politician, you'd see it.

..and his on-the-field QB act is mediocre. How many Pittsburgh defenders were out yesterday.?

I am by no means in the "Tebow Cult." I just don't hate the guy, that's all. Can't I be indifferent? Only Sith deal in absolutes. ;)

Go back and read my previous posts in this thread. I still say there's not a large enough body of work to pass judgment on Tebow as an NFL quarterback. He's not Brady or Brees or Manning by any means, but is he really that awful? Would you rather have Tim Tebow quarterbacking your team or Mark Sanchez?

I'm usually a pretty cynical guy but with Tebow I don't see it. If some story comes out about him getting busted with a bunch of drugs or beating up a prostitute or something like that, then I'll admit I was naive. But for all the attention this guy has gotten, through college and now in the NFL, don't you think at least ONE story would surface that paints him in an unfavorable light? Yet we've had nothing. The truth is the truth, no matter what we want it to be.

How ridiculous.

Tebow is as genuine as they come. He's been doing what he's been doing before the press started following him around, and he hasn't changed a thing.

The only thing that has changed is the amount of exposure.

Pat man

He is trying to be polarizing....He's gaming you...a Jimmy Swaggart-style preacher..... His life mission.

........I admire the way he can break tackles and he never seems to tire.

..and he can hit the open receiver if he gets the time...

The crime is that his O-line, his receivrs and his defense gets no credit.

In New England..They're facing another weak defense but they'lll be on the road....

Most of Denver's wins have been at home

..and they'll need 30 points to win...but after the way things fell for them yesterday....

Its hard to say its not possible....

NE is not the best team in the NFL

you're way off base ...just stop. if you dont like him, dont watch

You didnt seriously call me a dipstick, did you??? rotflmao

no, the mods must have edited it. and i still say he is 1-0 in those games.

And his religious stuff has absolutely NO bearing on my opinions of him, and also is not the reason he got to start for denver. He got his chance to start because Kyle Orton had gone 1-4 to start the season...and then Tebow went 7-1 in his first 8 games...THAT is why he got to play.

He hasnt "conned" anyone...other than you, most people are more focused on him winning games, not what he believes on or off the field.

no, the mods must have edited it. and i still say he is 1-0 in those games.

And his religious stuff has absolutely NO bearing on my opinions of him, and also is not the reason he got to start for denver. He got his chance to start because Kyle Orton had gone 1-4 to start the season...and then Tebow went 7-1 in his first 8 games...THAT is why he got to play.

He hasnt "conned" anyone...other than you, most people are more focused on him winning games, not what he believes on or off the field.

In all fairness, there is a "suggestion" by many that his success comes by the way of divine intervention. Thats what has many people wishing him to fail. To his credit, Tebow has stated clearly that he believes people that think there is any divine intervention in football are way off base.

I wanted to see him fail because of the undue hype. That really isn't fair. Say anything you want about the man, the player, Tebow is fun to watch.

In all fairness, there is a "suggestion" by many that his success comes by the way of divine intervention. Thats what has many people wishing him to fail. To his credit, Tebow has stated clearly that he believes people that think there is any divine intervention in football are way off base.

I wanted to see him fail because of the undue hype. That really isn't fair. Say anything you want about the man, the player, Tebow is fun to watch.

The "hype" though, was more with the Denver fans wanting him to get a shot to start than it was with the media...most of the media people talk about what he CANT do more than any of them give him credit.

I feel that had he not been a first round pick, then he would not have so many critics who want to see him fail so to speak. The way i see it, it doesnt matter if its pretty, if he wins games, that is what is important...and i feel that his passing will only get better.

While i'm not trying to say he will be as good, most people forget that Steve Young had a very similar game when he was in tampa, before he went to the 49ers...and he had a chance to sit for a few years there and get better before he was put back into the starting spot....so given time, you never know how good he may become

I just dont by his off the field act......Its fake...Its a con. If he were a politician, you'd see it. He's a football player..so you're blind to it... ..and his on-the-field QB act is mediocre. How many Pittsburgh defenders were out yesterday.? ..as far as the Tebow cult...its good to have you guys back on the board. We missed you for three weeks..
I just think he's conned you. Neither of us knows him..

He's playing because of his off-the-field act...

...hope to hear from yoj again afre this week's game in NE...

..Denver is 1-3 in make-of-break games..

It sounds like in your first post you know him or you wouldn't be saying what you are saying. And you think he's playing because of his off the field "act" as you call it? I'm no great Tebow fan, but I think he is playing because Denver needed to try something different and Tebow has done pretty well. Certainly not an amazing QB at this point, but winning more than losing.