Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tebow-Mania Is Over

oldunclemark

He's #2 in jersey sales at the end of this season. No Colts jerseys at the top of the list. Fans want to see Tebow play and succeed but there's always a backlash when this type of thing happens. There's so many others that make reference to God or Jesus I think Tebow just becomes the 'spokesman' for Christian athletes. I was looking at some youtube videos of Kurt Warner and he was just as vocal about Jesus as Tebow and I don't remember so much made out of it.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How ridiculous.

Tebow is as genuine as they come. He's been doing what he's been doing before the press started following him around, and he hasn't changed a thing.

The only thing that has changed is the amount of exposure.

Indeed. Tebow hype is the media's making (he has been the same fella all the time AFAIK) and only time will tell if he is going to prove to be a good, consistent NFL QB.

Did you se the game

Pit was without the entire D-line and Ben was crippled...

1-3 in do-or-die games wont cut it..

Lets see denver win at NE

Like I said, "let the excuses begin!" Yes, I saw the game. Tebow averaged over 30 yards per completion. That's an NFL record. That is NFL quality whether you want to admit it or not.

NOW....Tebow Time is over :)

His season is now over...but not necessarily his "time". He's still the Broncos's starting qb going into next season.

He and his team ran into a Pats/Brady buzzsaw tonight so not much they could do about that. But nevertheless, Tebow took his team on a fascinating and inspirational ride this year despite his unorthodox style and shortcomings...so props to him for that.

His season is now over...but not necessarily his "time". He's still the Broncos's starting qb going into next season.

He and his team ran into a Pats/Brady buzzsaw tonight so not much they could do about that. But nevertheless, Tebow took his team on a fascinating and inspirational ride this year despite his unorthodox style and shortcomings...so props to him for that.

Props to him for that as well... I'm just tired of hearing about it so this is a welcome end to it.

Props to him for that as well... I'm just tired of hearing about it so this is a welcome end to it.

Yeah you have a right to your own feelings.

However, I didn't have a problem with it. For as bad as people tried to say he was...it is remarkable that he took the team as far as he did. So I think it was worthy of conversation. What bothered some was that they were perplexed as to how/why he was succeeding. He was playing outside of his own limitations and because people couldn't explain his success and resented that he unashamedly attributed his success to his personal faith, they took issue with him. They hated on Tebow because they didn't like "the message" he carried. Nevertheless this doesn't come as a shock to him nor to anyone else who calls him/herself a brother or sister of his in the faith. He will continue to carry on and will be even stronger for it.

For as bad as people tried to say he was...it is remarkable that he took the team as far as he did. So I think it was worthy of conversation.

Strange I found it remarkable his team was winning with him playing extremely average football. Probably had something to do with playing in the worst division in football and playing awful teams. Id say John Fox did an incredible job taking such a limited passer and making it work for most of the season, even against bad teams.

The only playoff team they beat (or much less competed against) was a Steelers team missing 3 defensive starters, had a star LB playing hurt (Woodley), was working with a patchwork O-line, was missing its star RB and had its QB essentially playing on one foot. Edit: Also got at home despite going 8-8.

If you really go back and look at the bizarre fortune the Broncos had during their wins you almost have to laugh. Broncos recovering onside kicks to even give them a chance to tie it (Dolphins game), returning KOs for TDs (Raiders game), opposing RBs running out of bounds and fumbling with the game in hand (Bears game), Denver's kicker making two 50+ yard FGs in one game (Bears game again), playing a playoff team that was a complete shell of itself (Pittsburgh).

Let us not forget that most teams dont typically prepare for option offense and the teams that got a 2nd look at that offense completed shut it down.

Let us also not forget that almost anytime he faced a quality offensive team they got smoked (Detroit and NE now twice).

Kid did a good job limiting turnovers and doing what was asked of him but at somepoint people need to put the fact they like Tebow aside and objectively realize he just doesnt look like a longterm NFL QB. I think he is a good kid and I really do wish him the best but being nice doesnt entitle you to anything.

Time will tell suppose. I wasnt sold after the Pittsburgh game and this past game just confirms it for me.

Strange I found it remarkable his team was winning with him playing extremely average football. Probably had something to do with playing in the worst division in football and playing awful teams. Id say John Fox did an incredible job taking such a limited passer and making it work for most of the season, even against bad teams.

The only playoff team they beat (or much less competed against) was a Steelers team missing 3 defensive starters, had a star LB playing hurt (Woodley), was working with a patchwork O-line, was missing its star RB and had its QB essentially playing on one foot. Edit: Also got at home despite going 8-8.

If you really go back and look at the bizarre fortune the Broncos had during their wins you almost have to laugh. Broncos recovering onside kicks to even give them a chance to tie it (Dolphins game), returning KOs for TDs (Raiders game), opposing RBs running out of bounds and fumbling with the game in hand (Bears game), Denver's kicker making two 50+ yard FGs in one game (Bears game again), playing a playoff team that was a complete shell of itself (Pittsburgh).

Let us not forget that most teams dont typically prepare for option offense and the teams that got a 2nd look at that offense completed shut it down.

Let us also not forget that almost anytime he faced a quality offensive team they got smoked (Detroit and NE now twice).

Kid did a good job limiting turnovers and doing what was asked of him but at somepoint people need to put the fact they like Tebow aside and objectively realize he just doesnt look like a longterm NFL QB. I think he is a good kid and I really do wish him the best but being nice doesnt entitle you to anything.

Time will tell suppose. I wasnt sold after the Pittsburgh game and this past game just confirms it for me.

I won't disagree with anything you said. Whether you found it remarkable Tebow took the team as far as he did or that the team won seemingly in spite of him, the point remains that it defied logical explanation which prompted conversation and hate by some who didn't like Tebow attributing his success to his faith.

Still at the end of the day, he had the success that he did and the Broncos won their division and a playoff game in a season where no one predicted them to do anything. Tebow is unorthodox and he definitely has his weaknesses but I have yet to hear him toot his own horn so to speak. He seems to know his limitations and relies on his personal faith to believe that he can succeed in spite of his shortcomings. Judging by the results of this year, he took his team farther than most thought he could. Whether people love him or hate him, he's still here and will continue to carry his message for as long as he has the platform to do so. I agree that time will tell if he has long term success.

It seems like the team took him this far, not the other way around.

Yeah you have a right to your own feelings.

However, I didn't have a problem with it. For as bad as people tried to say he was...it is remarkable that he took the team as far as he did. So I think it was worthy of conversation. What bothered some was that they were perplexed as to how/why he was succeeding. He was playing outside of his own limitations and because people couldn't explain his success and resented that he unashamedly attributed his success to his personal faith, they took issue with him. They hated on Tebow because they didn't like "the message" he carried. Nevertheless this doesn't come as a shock to him nor to anyone else who calls him/herself a brother or sister of his in the faith. He will continue to carry on and will be even stronger for it.

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, January 15, 2012 - inappropriate
Hidden by shecolt, January 15, 2012 - inappropriate

I'm not trying to be overtly mean or hateful.....not saying it's a bad thing...just pointing it out, just my opinion.......I don't think Tebow likes the ladies, know what I mean?

In would not say it is over, but the job sure as heck is not safe. If I am Elway I am looking at a vet to come in a compete with him.

The funny thing in all of this is Denver's reminds me of the Colts offense over the years. They have to play dang near perfect to have a chance to win. If they do not have a great game what happened last night is what will happen. Tebow just does not have e skill set to bring you back from 14 to 17 down like Rodgers, Brady, Brees or Manning. If the defense keeps it close then Tebow can do enough to pull out a win, but if that defense is not up to it the gamma is over.

The moment the Patriots went up 14 I knew the game was over.

Unless Tebow improves immensely this offseason in the passing game I just do not see how Denver can have long term success in this league.

I won't disagree with anything you said. Whether you found it remarkable Tebow took the team as far as he did or that the team won seemingly in spite of him, the point remains that it defied logical explanation which prompted conversation and hate by some who didn't like Tebow attributing his success to his faith.

Still at the end of the day, he had the success that he did and the Broncos won their division and a playoff game in a season where no one predicted them to do anything. Tebow is unorthodox and he definitely has his weaknesses but I have yet to hear him toot his own horn so to speak. He seems to know his limitations and relies on his personal faith to believe that he can succeed in spite of his shortcomings. Judging by the results of this year, he took his team farther than most thought he could. Whether people love him or hate him, he's still here and will continue to carry his message for as long as he has the platform to do so. I agree that time will tell if he has long term success.

So you're saying Tebow's play this season defied logical explanation? Really?

lol......

Thats all I can say is lol

Tebow did nothing particularly special.

1) He made some terrible throws, as all QB's do.

2) He made some great throws, as all QB's do.

The problem with Tebow is, he made a boat-load of 1 and not much of 2.

I'm saying if he is as bad as some say he is then the success he had this year would defy logical explanation. People can make excuses to try to discredit his success but that doesn't necessarily equate to making any logical sense. Tebow is unorthodox true but still showed that he can have some success playing his style. He had more success at QB than anyone the Colts tried to put on the field this season. A division championship, a playoff birth, and a post season win. Is his style what you want from a QB long term? Probably not but time will tell. Still he did have some success this year...the results are what the are.

I'm saying if he is as bad as some say he is then the success he had this year would defy logical explanation. People can make excuses to try to discredit his success but that doesn't necessarily equate to making any logical sense. Tebow is unorthodox true but still showed that he can have some success playing his style. He had more success at QB than anyone the Colts tried to put on the field this season. A division championship, a playoff birth, and a post season win. Is his style what you want from a QB long term? Probably not but time will tell. Still he did have some success this year...the results are what the are.

He had success with that run option until last night when BB stopped it. So what else can they do. Personally I think with some coaching he might be able to throw more traditional but if the run option is all he's got..that won't go far. That spiral of his (or lack of) is atrocious.

Its done for a year anyway ... knowing Tebow he will bust his tail all offseason to improve his throwing.

I hope he does.....but the assumption in that statement he didnt 'bust his tail' to improve his throwing last off-season..

..and I'd bet he did...it just didnt help

126 of 271, 46.5%...dead last in the NFL

I hope he does.....but the assumption in that statement he didnt 'bust his tail' to improve his throwing last off-season..

..and I'd bet he did...it just didnt help

126 of 271, 46.5%...dead last in the NFL

Yes, but prior to this season he didnt have the game-time experience to feed off of.

Tim Tebow is not a good quarterback, period. Nobody is talking about how Denver's defense played a huge role in making sure opposing offenses didn't blow them out during that winning streak they had late. Nobody wants to mention he played in the worst division in football. To add to that, Tebow beat pretty average and below average teams. He beats an injured Steelers squad and everyone is ready to pave him a road to the Super Bowl. Tebow can play bad and the Broncos can still win which is what happened. His late game heroics do not make his poor performance before that null. Tebow hardly had "success" at the QB position. If you want to see success at the QB position look at players like Brady, Brees, Rodgers and even our own Manning. That is success.

Tebow may very well go on to become a great quarterback but as of now he is not a good quarterback. There is no supernatural power here present.

Tim Tebow is not a good quarterback, period. Nobody is talking about how Denver's defense played a huge role in making sure opposing offenses didn't blow them out during that winning streak they had late. Nobody wants to mention he played in the worst division in football. To add to that, Tebow beat pretty average and below average teams. He beats an injured Steelers squad and everyone is ready to pave him a road to the Super Bowl. Tebow can play bad and the Broncos can still win which is what happened. His late game heroics do not make his poor performance before that null. Tebow hardly had "success" at the QB position. If you want to see success at the QB position look at players like Brady, Brees, Rodgers and even our own Manning. That is success.

Tebow may very well go on to become a great quarterback but as of now he is not a good quarterback. There is no supernatural power here present.

All your opinion. I have already acknowledged that Tebow has his limitations. You are fixating on only a portion of what I have said in the totality of my posts in this thread. Nevertheless he had a successful season and impacted his team in more ways than just on the field. You can only play in the division that you are in. The AFC West is comprised of the most evenly matched teams in the league and it was the most competitive divisional race top to bottom. As far as Pittsburgh goes, all teams must deal with injuries in any given year. Despite their injuries they were favorites going into Denver. Tebow played a great game and was instrumental in their playoff win over Pittsburgh. So I stand by my assertion that he had some success this year despite his limitations. As far as whether or not there was a supernatural power involved in his success, I am not going to be baited into delving further into that on this message board as I am aware of the rules here. Your stance on that is a matter of your own personal opinion. What matters is what Tebow himself believes gives him the courage to step out there on Sundays. If it helps him to do what he needs to do then more power to him. So I will just agree to disagree with you and will not continue to dance in circles about this.

This is my last post in this thread.

All your opinion. I have already acknowledged that Tebow has his limitations. You are fixating on only a portion of what I have said in the totality of my posts in this thread. Nevertheless he had a successful season and impacted his team in more ways than just on the field. You can only play in the division that you are in. The AFC West is comprised of the most evenly matched teams in the league and it was the most competitive divisional race top to bottom. As far as Pittsburgh goes, all teams must deal with injuries in any given year. Despite their injuries they were favorites going into Denver. Tebow played a great game and was instrumental in their playoff win over Pittsburgh. So I stand by my assertion that he had some success this year despite his limitations. As far as whether or not there was a supernatural power involved in his success, I am not going to be baited into delving further into that on this message board as I am aware of the rules here. Your stance on that is a matter of your own personal opinion. What matters is what Tebow himself believes gives him the courage to step out there on Sundays. If it helps him to do what he needs to do then more power to him. So I will just agree to disagree with you and will not continue to dance in circles about this.

This is my last post in this thread.

I just think that ESPN might want to devote an hour to Drew Brees..who set an all-time record or Tom Brady...

I've never seen on guy get more credit for doing less..

..and I wonder if he'd get it if he was very verbally pro-Mormon.

What a joke. Anyone following this thread knows.

At any rate.....John Elway endorsed the guy as the starter going into camp next season and he definitely had his high & low points as a new starting QB. We'll see if he can improve on what he's done. It's just football. Who cares. Looking forward to everything else, as I'm sure Tim Tebow is.