Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chip Kelly Removes The Bubble Wrap From Bradford

ColtsBlueFL

After skipping pre season game 1 and playing just one series vs. the Ravens { a TD drive and survived a Terrell Suggs and Brandon Williams hit(s) } Bradford lead the Eagles to three TD's on 3 drives going 10 for 10 against the Packers. 

Bradford's uncanny accuracy and decision making are the keys.  Sure, Kelly would like a mobile QB, but he knows and wants a QB that can sling the ball as well.  He wants a QB that get the ball out within 1 1/2 seconds and let the receivers make a play.

"In a quarterback, I look for a quarterback who can run and not a running back who can throw,"   Chip Kelly said "The job of a quarterback is simple. He has to "let it happen, and not make it happen." We want to move forward. That is a concept you have to make your team understand. The cardinal sin at our place is the quarterback sack."

I was one of the very few that embraced the Bradford for Foles trade. Bradford has the talent to beat you with his arm, and he gets the ball out quickly and accurately.  This is all that's required to operate the NFL's fastest offense, and I think the Chip Kelly's { Eagles } will prove the naysayers wrong this year.

After skipping pre season game 1 and playing just one series vs. the Ravens { a TD drive and survived a Terrell Suggs and Brandon Williams hit(s) } Bradford lead the Eagles to three TD's on 3 drives going 10 for 10 against the Packers. 

Bradford's uncanny accuracy and decision making are the keys.  Sure, Kelly would like a mobile QB, but he knows and wants a QB that can sling the ball as well.  He wants a QB that get the ball out within 1 1/2 seconds and let the receivers make a play.

"In a quarterback, I look for a quarterback who can run and not a running back who can throw,"   Chip Kelly said "The job of a quarterback is simple. He has to "let it happen, and not make it happen." We want to move forward. That is a concept you have to make your team understand. The cardinal sin at our place is the quarterback sack."

I was one of the very few that embraced the Bradford for Foles trade. Bradford has the talent to beat you with his arm, and he gets the ball out quickly and accurately.  This is all that's required to operate the NFL's fastest offense, and I think the Chip Kelly's { Eagles } will prove the naysayers wrong this year.

I think the Eagles win the NFC East this year.  

The rest of that division appears to be seriously struggling.

And the Eagles are looking pretty sharp.

"In a quarterback, I look for a quarterback who can run and not a running back who can throw,"   Chip Kelly said.  "The job of a quarterback is simple. He has to "let it happen, and not make it happen." We want to move forward. That is a concept you have to make your team understand. The cardinal sin at our place is the quarterback sack."

It's still early, only preseason as a matter of fact. But I also thought that it was a good trade for the Eagles.

I'm still not sure Bradford can make through an entire season without landing on IR....

We shall see.

He's had a bad history (AC joint, high ankler sprain, then ACL in week 7, then same ACL in pre-season game 3 last year.  I think the chance he gets yet another ACL is about 10%.  More likely it would be in the right leg this time, and not the twice reconstructed one in the left.  I think Chip Kelly will have the start and stop or sharp cutting plays reduced for Bradford. And not try to make defenders miss in space should a pass play break down. And his Sports Science regimen will help keep other maladies from affecting him. 

But it is worth noting that neither Michael Vick in 2013, nor Nick Foles last year made it through the season unscathed. We'll see.

I think he is really good when he's healthy. But staying healthy has just always been a problem for him. I also would like to see him succeed.

Some players just seem to get bit by the injury bug, he's always comported himself very well I thought. At least he's possibly in the most QB friendly system going.

The bolded part is interesting to me.  The way I interpret that is he wants his QB to get the ball into the hands of the skill players and let them use their talents to make plays.  But when you have a franchise QB, you want him to make things happen.  Does this mean Kelly doesn't place as much emphasis on who his QB is and would rather have more talented guys at the skill positions?  Would he be satisfied with an Alex Smith-like game manager who just gets the ball into the hands of his playmakers and lets them do the work?

The bolded part is interesting to me. The way I interpret that is he wants his QB to get the ball into the hands of the skill players and let them use their talents to make plays. But when you have a franchise QB, you want him to make things happen. Does this mean Kelly doesn't place as much emphasis on who his QB is and would rather have more talented guys at the skill positions? Would he be satisfied with an Alex Smith-like game manager who just gets the ball into the hands of his playmakers and lets them do the work?

That's what I'd take from that comment too.

Bradford has started 50 percent of his games so let's see how he fares when the real games begin. If he can stay healthy then the Eagles offense should be very good but that is a big IF. I don't see them finishing ahead of the Cowboys or Giants this season and most likely out of the playoffs as a result.

Bradford has started 50 percent of his games so let's see how he fares when the real games begin. If he can stay healthy then the Eagles offense should be very good but that is a big IF. I don't see them finishing ahead of the Cowboys or Giants this season and most likely out of the playoffs as a result.

Giants defense looks awful. I cannot see them making the playoffs.

Bradford looks good.