Assumes no trades:

Round 1 - Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

Round 2 - Mark Barron, SS, Alabama

Round 3 - Joe Adams, WR, Arkansas

Round 4 - Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt

Round 5 - Kendall Reyes, DT, Connecticut

Round 6 - Antoine McClain, OG, Clemson

Round 7 - Derek Moye, WR, Penn State

if we were to get the browns to draft richardson ,jeffery and next years 1 and 2 2nd ill pull that trigger myself...

I would say if Manning is completely healthy going into next year, we could get the Brown's 1st to draft CB Morris Claiborne, plus their other 1st and 2nd, and 2013 1st and 2nd.

I would then try and move up a little with the other 1st round pick to get OG David DeCastro to complete this OL.

We would then have 2 1sts and 2 2nds for the 2013 draft where we could pretty much draft whoever we wanted.

Assumes no trades:

..you fill the needs there...chad....

Assumes no trades:

Looks like you're assuming that reggie is gone, too?

Still a little early, alot depends on if Manning returns. That doesn't effect us getting another QB in the first round, but it will have an impact on whether Wayne returns and if we go into complete rebuilding mode and cut alot of the fat.

There are so many needs I wish we had 14 picks this year. Needless to say, considering Saturday's age, what would everyone think of the Colts drafting Peter Konz C- Wisconsin in the second round? I know the second round is early for a Center, but considering we don't have a real replacement for Saturday why not pick up the most important guy protecting him and hiking the ball to him in the same draft. Some people might not like it, but we can still get first round/early second quality in the third round at the Cornerback position with either Janoris Jenkins and Chris Harris. They both have character issues that will hurt them in the draft, but both especially Jenkins are very talented and should be an upgrade over ever corner we currently have.

Center would be a smart pickup this draft. I wanted Pouncey last year but oh well...

Konz is projected in the first round, but if he falls to the 33rd pick I think we have to take him. Another guy I saw that I liked was Jarel Worthy, he projects as a 2nd round pick(even though he is a top 25 prospect) and this guy is an absolute beast. We definitely don't need a DT as much as CBs but this team still needs top DTs for their defense to work and help against the run game which he would certainly provide. Plus I believe there will be quality at the CB position left in the third round, they will just have some character issues, but the Colts veterans are positive leaders so I think they will be okay.

Konz is projected in the first round, but if he falls to the 33rd pick I think we have to take him. Another guy I saw that I liked was Jarel Worthy, he projects as a 2nd round pick(even though he is a top 25 prospect) and this guy is an absolute beast. We definitely don't need a DT as much as CBs but this team still needs top DTs for their defense to work and help against the run game which he would certainly provide. Plus I believe there will be quality at the CB position left in the third round, they will just have some character issues, but the Colts veterans are positive leaders so I think they will be okay.

I've seen a few updated Mock Drafts that have Colts picking #1, Rams picking #33, Colts picking #65 and Rams picking at #97...being quite new to NFL, can anyone explain why this would be?

Assumes no trades:

I like it.

I believe this defense needs that big time SS to be successful

Add a CB in FA and we would be good to go

Assumes no trades:

Your mocks always make sense. I like the Joe Adams pick. I live in SEC country and that guy makes plays. He is really really fast and shifty...would stretch the field. Of course, with what everyone says about Luck's arm strength, that might not work so well. We'll see.

I've seen a few updated Mock Drafts that have Colts picking #1, Rams picking #33, Colts picking #65 and Rams picking at #97...being quite new to NFL, can anyone explain why this would be?

That makes no sense unless the Colts have lost picks or they trade picks. As far as I know all of those picks are Colts picks. It's pretty simple, the Colts get the first pick in each round.

First four rounds would look something like this:

1. Luck

2. Hosley/ Minnefield/ X. Rhodes

3. Marcus Forsten - DT - Miami - entering draft early

4. Chris Givens - WR Wake Forrest (also coming up early) or Jordan White - WR - WMU

I'm high on Adams too, but I doubt he goes any earlier than the 4th or 5th round.

Assumes no trades:

I really don't see Mark Barron falling in the 2nd round with teams needing a strong safety such as the Bengals, 49ers, and even the Patriots.

I would draft a cornerback there such as Stephen Gilmore or Chase Minniefield. But everything else is very good.

That makes no sense unless the Colts have lost picks or they trade picks. As far as I know all of those picks are Colts picks. It's pretty simple, the Colts get the first pick in each round.

I found the answer on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_Draft#Rules_for_determining_draft_order

The Colts and Rams tied for the worst record at 2-14, but the Colts got the first overall pick based on the strength-of-schedule tiebreaker. As for the remaining rounds, here is the relevant excerpt:

"
Once the order for the first round is determined as described above, the selection order remains the same for subsequent rounds
with the exception of teams with similar
records within their tier. These tied teams "cycle" picks in each subsequent round.
"

In other words, the Colts and Rams alternate positions at the top of each subsequent round. That means in the second round the Rams pick 33rd and the Colts pick 34th. In the 3rd round, the Colts pick 65th and the Rams pick 66th, and so on.

http://en.wikipedia....ing_draft_order

The Colts and Rams tied for the worst record at 2-14, but the Colts got the first overall pick based on the strength-of-schedule tiebreaker. As for the remaining rounds, here is the relevant excerpt:

"
Once the order for the first round is determined as described above, the selection order remains the same for subsequent rounds
records within their tier. These tied teams "cycle" picks in each subsequent round.
"

In other words, the Colts and Rams alternate positions at the top of each subsequent round. That means in the second round the Rams pick 33rd and the Colts pick 34th. In the 3rd round, the Colts pick 65th and the Rams pick 66th, and so on.

Thought as much, thanks for the confirmation, much appreciated.

http://en.wikipedia....ing_draft_order

"
"

Okay makes sense, I misunderstood the post I was replying to anyways. I thought he meant the Colts missed the entire 2nd round.

I would say if Manning is completely healthy going into next year, we could get the Brown's 1st to draft CB Morris Claiborne, plus their other 1st and 2nd, and 2013 1st and 2nd.

I would then try and move up a little with the other 1st round pick to get OG David DeCastro to complete this OL.

We would then have 2 1sts and 2 2nds for the 2013 draft where we could pretty much draft whoever we wanted.

agreed

Your mocks always make sense. I like the Joe Adams pick. I live in SEC country and that guy makes plays. He is really really fast and shifty...would stretch the field. Of course, with what everyone says about Luck's arm strength, that might not work so well. We'll see.

Did you see Joe Adams in the Cotton Bowl that is going on?

First four rounds would look something like this:

1. Luck

2. Hosley/ Minnefield/ X. Rhodes

3. Marcus Forsten - DT - Miami - entering draft early

4. Chris Givens - WR Wake Forrest (also coming up early) or Jordan White - WR - WMU

I'm high on Adams too, but I doubt he goes any earlier than the 4th or 5th round.

Really like the Forsten and Rhodes picks.