Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Future of Caldwell and the Polians [Mega-merge]

1959Colts

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what if they both get fired and Irsay promotes this daughters to run this team. BP hasnt been that bad of a GM

I happen to agree for the most part. I wouldn't mind seeing Caldwell axed and Chris Polian replaced though as he doesn't have much of a track record besides being Bill's son. Bill Polian can stay imo so long as Irsay pulls the reins in on him. If reports are true he has no business interfering in coaching decisions.

Sorry, I just don't get the anti-Polian sentiment. But everyone has their right to opinion. As far as Chris, I thought the 11 draft was excellent (I know that can't be judged now) and the FA that were brought in were about as good as we could get at the time.

Bill's record speaks for itself. I personally don't care that he doesn't get along with some of the media.

But in the long run, I just don't think this team or organization needs to be blown up. Just my 2 cents....

I really hope that a phone call has been placed to Fisher...

If there was a total house cleaning, it's entirely possible Jim reached out earlier to see what HCs thoughts were about coming here. If the Polian's were a stumbling point, that could be a big determining factor in their demise.

Sorry, I just don't get the anti-Polian sentiment. But everyone has their right to opinion. As far as Chris, I thought the 11 draft was excellent (I know that can't be judged now) and the FA that were brought in were about as good as we could get at the time.

Bill's record speaks for itself. I personally don't care that he doesn't get along with some of the media.

But in the long run, I just don't think this team or organization needs to be blown up. Just my 2 cents....

I don't understand why anybody would want to stay with the status quo. If Polian wants to keep Caldwell so he can keep calling the shots about coaching then he needs to go.

Jim Irsay is meeting with the Polians and Caldwell tonight to discuss the future according to Phil Wilson from the star. Caldwell is supposed to have his weekly press conference around noon tomorrow i believe so if he is going to be fired i think it will happen tomorrow, or it's happening tonight and will be announced tomorrow.

Sounds like you were all over this.....STAMP...

...a coaching staff chosen by Polian/s...

What are you basing this on? I remember reading a story that Polian did not want Dungy as coach, but Irsay flew him down to Tampa after the Bucs fired Tony, put them in a room, and said, "Work it out." Caldwell was Dungy's hand-picked successor. There was quite a bit of turnover in the coaching staff when Caldwell took over, presumably replacing the existing staff with guys that Caldwell wanted. What leads you to believe that this is a coaching staff chosen by Polians?

I'm torn on this. On one hand, Bill has a very good track record and has brought in lots of talent. On the other, he stuck his nose into the business of the coaches, which he shouldn't have done. As for Chris, I wouldn't be upset if he stayed. He drafted really well this last draft.