Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster Moves

TKnight24

Anyone else have the Colts app for Android? Every time there's a roster move Bob Lamey notifies me by abruptly yelling "Roster update for the Colts!"

The looks I get when it goes off in public or at work are priceless. 4 thumbs up!

I have it. Playing FIFA right now and it went off. Scared me, ended up scoring a goal haha

Signing Evan Mathis makes the most sense. Honestly we can sign him and have a really good line or not sign him and maybe have another mediocre or below average line. Seems like a no brainer to me. Especially when we could just cut Thomas too and save another few million

Signing Evan Mathis makes the most sense. Honestly we can sign him and have a really good line or not sign him and maybe have another mediocre or below average line. Seems like a no brainer to me. Especially when we could just cut Thomas too and save another few million

You're assuming that Mathis is better than Thomas - and you may be right, but it is an assumption.  I'm not saying I don't agree with you either.  I'm all for getting the best O linemen available, always was.  Even if it meant overdrafting, ala the Cowboys.

7/27 is lucky for him.  He's been signed by the Colts on the same day twice now.

Anyone else have the Colts app for Android? Every time there's a roster move Bob Lamey notifies me by abruptly yelling "Roster update for the Colts!"

The looks I get when it goes off in public or at work are priceless. 4 thumbs up!

And when it scares the crap out of you cause your focusing on something then BAM

You're assuming that Mathis is better than Thomas - and you may be right, but it is an assumption.  I'm not saying I don't agree with you either.  I'm all for getting the best O linemen available, always was.  Even if it meant overdrafting, ala the Cowboys.

7/27 is lucky for him.  He's been signed by the Colts on the same day twice now.

I'd like to have both honestly. If Thomas is healthy he's a really good interior lineman and he can also play Center if Holmes or Harrison isn't playing up to their expectations.

Signing Evan Mathis makes the most sense. Honestly we can sign him and have a really good line or not sign him and maybe have another mediocre or below average line. Seems like a no brainer to me. Especially when we could just cut Thomas too and save another few million

Wondering if Mathis would want to come here or if we even have an interest.....honestly, until he's on Irsay's jet heading here, the rest is all rumor and speculation

Wondering if Mathis would want to come here or if we even have an interest.....honestly, until he's on Irsay's jet heading here, the rest is all rumor and speculation

Well rumor & speculation has only 4 days to find someone cause I'm sure there's a rule against going into TC without 90 players

Well rumor & speculation has only 4 days to find someone cause I'm sure there's a rule against going into TC without 90 players

No rule that says you have to go in with 90 as far as I know, you cant go above 90 however

Don't know but I did see where Mathis wanted signed by the time TCs start. But who knows exactly what's going on right now. Grigs may have called and been told no thanks or they could be negotiating right now.

You're assuming that Mathis is better than Thomas - and you may be right, but it is an assumption. I'm not saying I don't agree with you either. I'm all for getting the best O linemen available, always was. Even if it meant overdrafting, ala the Cowboys.

7/27 is lucky for him. He's been signed by the Colts on the same day twice now.

there is no doubt Mathis is better then Thomas anyone who thinks that is crazy Mathis is and has been one of the top guards in the NFL Thomas has been lucky to play half a season

I'd like to have both honestly. If Thomas is healthy he's a really good interior lineman and he can also play Center if Holmes or Harrison isn't playing up to their expectations.

I see this thrown around, but when has Thomas ever played center?

I see this thrown around, but when has Thomas ever played center?

I think they tried him out in camp, but I don't think he's played center in a game (with anyone) as far as I can tell.

I guess the positive way of looking at it is that he must have potential since he's been in the league for six years and has only started 23 games out of possible 96.  He's only played 2 full seasons without being injured. 

This has to be his last chance.