Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So....... about Robert Mathis........ um, you may not wanna count him out

TKnight24

Great look.

Still don't want to see him in a game until mid-year or so. This is one cat I want to be crazy overly cautious with. We need him to be fresh and at his peak come playoff time. JMO though.

If he's healthy enough to play he needs to play. There's no guarantee we even make the playoffs.

He's going against a blocking dummy, I'll hold off my excitement for now

How can you claim to be a Colts fan if this video doesn't excite you?  Sure he isn't fully recovered, but he is certainly making progress.  That's exciting to this Colts fan!

Honestly even though Im going to get blasted for this....Im not impressed with the burst I saw....Don't get me wrong...Im happy he is back up and looking good and getting ready to go...He is coming back from a serious injury after all...But after watching that multiple times he got down in a 3 point stance...Literally stood up kinda slowly and did a quick spin move, Again don't get me wrong (Though no doubt some of you will for one reason or another) Im glad he looks healthy and appears about ready to go or ready to go but the burst did not make me go WOW.....And coming off an injury like the one he had that's to be expected right now. Cant wait till TC and the regular season

If he's healthy enough to play he needs to play. There's no guarantee we even make the playoffs.

BAH! We did fine without him last year and will do so again this year. I say stay safe and hold back the reigns some on him.

Absolutely don't want him back for week 1 even though we could use his rushing that game. We won't need him again until week 4 or 5.

Honestly even though Im going to get blasted for this....Im not impressed with the burst I saw....Don't get me wrong...Im happy he is back up and looking good and getting ready to go...He is coming back from a serious injury after all...But after watching that multiple times he got down in a 3 point stance...Literally stood up kinda slowly and did a quick spin move, Again don't get me wrong (Though no doubt some of you will for one reason or another) Im glad he looks healthy and appears about ready to go or ready to go but the burst did not make me go WOW.....And coming off an injury like the one he had that's to be expected right now. Cant wait till TC and the regular season

He's setting up a spin move on a dummy 12 inches in front of him. He's not speed rushing around the edge. If he fired off any faster he wouldn't have been under enough control to pull it off. How about the speed at which he pulls off the spin and then runs up field?

It's looks like a pretty prototypical Mathis spin move.

There's no guarantee we even make the playoffs.

Preseason hasn't even begun yet & those are your words of encouragement? Wow. Thanks for your overflowing optimism there man. Deep. 

And BTW, there's no need to attack Colts Legacy. The question you have to ask yourself is this:

If CL never visited another thread you posted again & the traffic there still remained low would it still be CL's fault? Enough said. 

CL does not sabotage threads period & whatever CL writes I click on immediately because I already know the topic will be fascinating or a darn good read. JMO. 

BAH! We did fine without him last year and will do so again this year. I say stay safe and hold back the reigns some on him.

Absolutely don't want him back for week 1 even though we could use his rushing that game. We won't need him again until week 4 or 5.

The difference being that with Mathis Manusky don't have to create multiple blitzes trying/hoping to get pressure and sacks....I know we got sacks last year but if we were not getting sacks we were not getting consistent pressure...To many times it was all or nothing I thought

He's setting up a spin move on a dummy 12 inches in front of him. If he fired off any faster he wouldn't have been under enough control to pull it off. How about the speed at which he pulls off the spin and then runs up field?

It's pretty prototypical Mathis spin move.

"How about the speed at which he pulls off the spin and then runs up field?"

Now that was great

Might as well sit Luck out for the first few weeks too just for the hell of it

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, July 26, 2015 - off topic spat
Hidden by Nadine, July 26, 2015 - off topic spat

Preseason hasn't even begun yet & those are your words of encouragement? Wow. Thanks for your overflowing optimism there man. Deep.

And BTW, there's no need to attack Colts Legacy. The question you have to ask yourself is this:

If CL never visited another thread you posted again & the traffic there still remained low would it still be CL's fault? Enough said.

CL does not sabotage threads period & whatever CL writes I click on immediately because I already know the topic will be fascinating or a darn good read. JMO.

This post is so unbelievably stupid that I can't even respond

This post is so unbelievably stupid that I can't even respond

So, I left you speechless. Yeah, I always knew how to work a room. What can I say? It's a gift.  :P

Of course not, Mathis is one of the greatest pure pass rushers of all time. The Colts need a healthy and productive Mathis, but spinning off of a tackling dummy doesn't really do anything for me.

Holy #@)................................  A somewhat positive post!  Wow you deserve a like for this one.

Baby steps.........

It's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

55756841_zpss7vp0fsu.jpg

This is a time for celebration, I'm going to make a drink.

Of course not, Mathis is one of the greatest pure pass rushers of all time. The Colts need a healthy and productive Mathis, but spinning off of a tackling dummy doesn't really do anything for me.

Your fake outrage is hilarious BTW almost as if you suffered amnesia & can't recall what you posted on this same page. You'll forgive me if I don't quite believe your newfound, positive transformation in our Colts. 

"There's no guarantee we even make the playoffs." "He's going against a blocking dummy, I'll hold off my excitement for now."

You said these statements freely of your own volition &, before you claim that I took you out of context, most fans voice their concerns like this "I love Mathis & deem him a superb pass rusher but I am a little worried about his initial burst. Hopefully, that will dramatically improve in the coming weeks. Praying for ya man." 

Yes, I know you'll say that this is the dumbest post you ever read. I'm fine with that assertion if it helps you sleep at night. 

Honestly, I'm not trying to pick on you. I'm only pointing out that some of your own interactions/responses are of a self inflicted nature & you painted yourself into your own corner. We didn't do that. You played a role here. The good news is this: Most people on here are very forgiving & don't hold grudges. 

Trust us, we would all have rather you not responded.

Appreciate it LIA. Have a cold one on me.  :hat: [No, I'm not attempting to rub PeytonManning18's nose in it. I'm just grateful for the backup.]

15453613641_0d59fec996_o.jpg

Honestly even though Im going to get blasted for this....Im not impressed with the burst I saw....Don't get me wrong...Im happy he is back up and looking good and getting ready to go...He is coming back from a serious injury after all...But after watching that multiple times he got down in a 3 point stance...Literally stood up kinda slowly and did a quick spin move, Again don't get me wrong (Though no doubt some of you will for one reason or another) Im glad he looks healthy and appears about ready to go or ready to go but the burst did not make me go WOW.....And coming off an injury like the one he had that's to be expected right now. Cant wait till TC and the regular season

With all due respect stop trying to outthink the room.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, July 26, 2015 - ugh
Hidden by Nadine, July 26, 2015 - ugh

Why? Dissenting opinions are shot down and ridiculed with personal attacks which the mods will not do anything about because the opinion is not drooling over everything Colts.

Perhaps you should stop being so negative and pessimistisk in nearly every single post you make. I'm all for having different opinions and viewpoints, but to the degree and in the way you do it, it just seems like trolling or arguing for the sake of arguing.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, July 26, 2015 - double ugh
Hidden by Nadine, July 26, 2015 - double ugh

Why? Dissenting opinions are shot down and ridiculed with personal attacks which the mods will not do anything about because the opinion is not drooling over everything Colts.

Nobody is buying the victim card.

I'm like the only person who's been saying that I think he'll come back and be a beast again.

Have said so myself. Roberts been "too this and too that" his entire life from what I`ve read and has that never give up mentality. He`ll prove the nay sayers wrong once again!

Let's cut the woe is me act - you are playing a part with all your posts and you know it.

Perhaps you should stop being so negative and pessimistisk in nearly every single post you make. I'm all for having different opinions and viewpoints, but to the degree and in the way you do it, it just seems like trolling or arguing for the sake of arguing.

If saying that I'm not sold on Mathis coming back strong because he spun off a tackling dummy is trolling then I guess I'm a troll.

I think Mathis was more or less saying he can "do" the spin move.  I don't think he's saying he's 100% yet...just on his way. 

We desperately need Mathis' leadership on defense.  I may be wrong, but I think we were missing some of that on defense last year.  I can't imagine him being on a defense that got trampled 3 times like we did.  Sometimes it's about pride and he's got that in buckets.