Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Saints release OLB Junior Galette

ColtsLegacy

He's the one where the video of him basically going insane on the beach swinging a belt and fists at everyone indiscriminately came out right? *.

what I seen was that's not him in the video tho so idk his charges were dropped and he's supposed to be clean

I'm done with the *ic woman beaters man. Don't want him. Chemistry is really important.

Sean Payton runs a good program in Louisiana & if Mr. Galette cannot conduct himself in a civilized manner domestically I don't want him in INDY either. 

I agree NBY. I don't care how skilled he is athletically. This guy doesn't know when to chill & walk away. He would fracture our locker room. Mathis would put a stop to any nonsense yes, but no this dude has anger management issues, I'll pass on him too. 

Great, now who is going to help on defense besides Cameron Jordan? 

And Brandon Browner has already stated he wants to go back to Seattle. 

While Gallette brought this onto himself and he gets no sympathy from me, the Saints better have some kind of solution on defense up their sleeve. 

From all the bad news swirling around him I would rather not risk screwing up our locker room. He also was hurt wasn't he? Let someone else (Dallas) rehibilitate him. I want good guys in the community and the locker room. I'm not saying you can't make a mistake and work hard to make it better but I'd rather have a classy organization than one that is trying to win at all cost.

There's a video of him and some people at a beach and he just goes mad and starts beating people.  I think he takes off his belt and hits some people with it.  I'd rather stay away from that kind of stuff

I watched that video too 21. Not an easy thing to watch. I know myself how hot tempered I can get myself sometimes so I can sympathize a little bit, but I've learned ways to defuse a situation & cool off better as I've gotten older. That's where my percussion playing comes in as a decompression chamber thing. I don't explode often, but when I do it's like a volcanic eruption & it means you finally stepped on my last nerve. 

I'm not condoning what Jr. did. I just want him to realize that he can't act that way, get some help, & figure out better mechanisms to calm down. He's not evil. I just want him to find a way to overcome stuff like this. In fairness to him, I have no idea if he has a history of flying off at the handle or not. Good luck man.  

I'd be okay with bringing him in for a conversation just to see where his head is at & whether or not he realizes the gravity of the situation. I always wanna give guys the opportunity to illustrate to me was this a 1 time fluke or a pattern of troubling behavior? I'm not saying sign him ASAP. Just bring him in for a chat. I'm a sucker for redemption stories & black sheep candidates are not always notorious troublemakers. Chalk it up to kicking over every stone/due diligence etc. etc. 

From all the bad news swirling around him I would rather not risk screwing up our locker room. He also was hurt wasn't he? Let someone else (Dallas) rehibilitate him. I want good guys in the community and the locker room. I'm not saying you can't make a mistake and work hard to make it better but I'd rather have a classy organization than one that is trying to win at all cost.

They have some good people on the Saints D, he was supposed to bolster it.  Instead, he and the rest of the gang fell to the bottom of the rankings.  N.O. couldn't rid themselves of the guy fast enough.  They want their culture back. They want to get some of their integrity back.  Payton wants to reload, like Chip Kelly has done in Philly.  But Sean gets a pass, he's done it before with success.  If Chip does it (success this or next year), he'll get one in the future as well.

That guy got a big head and then taught the whole D how to drink the Kool-Aid.  Those left on the roster are hungry to get back their reputation and display their skills once more.  And the 'cancer' isn't there to spoil it.

I watched that video too 21. Not an easy thing to watch. I know myself how hot tempered I can get myself sometimes so I can sympathize a little bit, but I've learned ways to defuse a situation & cool off better as I've gotten older. That's where my percussion playing comes in as a decompression chamber thing. I don't explode often, but when I do it's like a volcanic eruption & it means you finally stepped on my last nerve. 

I'm not condoning what Jr. did. I just want him to realize that he can't act that way, get some help, & figure out better mechanisms to calm down. He's not evil. I just want him to find a way to overcome stuff like this. In fairness to him, I have no idea if he has a history of flying off at the handle or not. Good luck man.  

I'd be okay with bringing him in for a conversation just to see where his head is at & whether or not he realizes the gravity of the situation. I always wanna give guys the opportunity to illustrate to me was this a 1 time fluke or a pattern of troubling behavior? I'm not saying sign him ASAP. Just bring him in for a chat. I'm a sucker for redemption stories & black sheep candidates are not always notorious troublemakers. Chalk it up to kicking over every stone/due diligence etc. etc. 

Yeah...I'm not trying to say he is evil...just saying I wouldn't be happy if the Colts were bringing a guy like this into our community if he hasn't proven himself to have changed. I'm not saying you never get a second chance but there are big warning signs coming from this guy and I would need more time away from what he has done to prove I can trust him again. There is more to life than football...and the Colts or any other organization has a responsibility to the community in which they operate. Bringing in guys like him or say Greg Hardy would be very hard for me to support.

I just want to make this point abundantly clear: I do not condone beating a woman with a belt in any way, shape, or form on the beach or anywhere else. I guess I tend to be more willing to give 2nd chances to a select few guys because I have a step sister who worked as a prison guard for awhile & at least in America anyway we tend to throw people away for criminal activities rather than deal with the larger more systemic problem beneath the surface. Yes, I realize that Jr. wasn't arrested or anything like that, but we can't just blackball every athlete for gross stupidity either. Yes, he must take responsibility for his actions too I get that. 

Yeah...I'm not trying to say he is evil...just saying I wouldn't be happy if the Colts were bringing a guy like this into our community if he hasn't proven himself to have changed. I'm not saying you never get a second chance but there are big warning signs coming from this guy and I would need more time away from what he has done to prove I can trust him again. There is more to life than football...and the Colts or any other organization has a responsibility to the community in which they operate. Bringing in guys like him or say Greg Hardy would be very hard for me to support.

I can certainly respect your position dgb. And you're right, the Colts organization has every right to say no, I don't think so on Mr. Galette. For every Greg Hardy, there's occasionally a Michael Vick. Somebody who sees the error of their ways & turns their life around in a positive direction for the better. 

We're not far apart here dgb. All I'm saying is that not all violent crimes are equal in magnitude & to get the true lay of the land of what happened from beginning to end you need to look a guy in the eye & answer more questions than a clinical police report can provide in some cases & 1 20 to 30 minute conversation isn't all that taxing to me just to be sure 1 way or another if a guy is worth the risk. 

You can bring him in and have a chat, but your first instinct the Sean Payton runs a good program is correct.  The Saints restructured his deal in March to free up cap space.  But then later in the summer Payton just releases him outright.  Sean calls all the shots, and an article states that the phone call Galette got releasing him was from Payton himself.  Now there is essentially no cap hit movement for the Saints this year (post June 1) because of the cut, but they will have around a 12 million dollar dead cap hit in 2016 because of this release.  So it is not like it was an easy decision to dump him 'when he's down', as Galette put it.

Payton has had eyes on the guy since 2010. I'm curious to what can Grigson, Irsay, and Pagano can find out in few hours conversation that Payton never learned in over 4 years is what I'm asking.  That's all.

Interesting thought occurred to me regarding Galette.  It seems he hasn't yet met with Goodell (who appears to not have completed their investigation of the January DV incident) concerning the 2013 video.  But before the league administers punishment (that could be reduced on appeal and thrown out via court system) the team just cuts him outright.

There's  no recourse for Galette.  And if other owners might instruct their teams FO to not sign him, then career over.

Could this be a new and creative way for teams / owners/League to administer in extreme case the league feels it is deserved but going through typical due process gets undermined?

If Galette is picked up by another organization, I'd be interested by who, and when it happened (circumstances).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2530594-junior-galettes-release-is-a-bold-and-progressive-move-for-saints-nfl

This is a disturbing story from NFL.com which cites a New Orleans paper for some of its information about Gallette.

The story basically says the ink on Gallette's new contract was barely dry last year when Gallette changed -- and not for the better.

That he viewed his contract not as a sign he needed to be a leader on and off the field and especially in the locker room,  but rather the new deal was validation of his status as one of the best players on the team.

He was a world class jerk in the locker-room and even fought with a teammate just before a pre-season game.

The coaching staff felt Gallette behaved himself long enough to get a great new contract,  and then the REAL person showed up and it was ugly......

Sad,  and quite honestly, a little scary.     Lots of teams likely fear that they have guys like Gallette on their roster and they fear what happens once they get the big money..........

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000503848/article/report-saintsgalette-relationship-deteriorated-quickly

Great, now who is going to help on defense besides Cameron Jordan? 

And Brandon Browner has already stated he wants to go back to Seattle. 

While Gallette brought this onto himself and he gets no sympathy from me, the Saints better have some kind of solution on defense up their sleeve. 

Really odd comment from Browner. He will be mid-30s when his contract is up and highly unlikely anyone is looking at him least of all Seattle.

What a drama fest Gallette has started on twitter. I am not even going to comment on it cause it's so ridiculous. I'll stick to my soaps for drama, wow. 

Really odd comment from Browner. He will be mid-30s when his contract is up and highly unlikely anyone is looking at him least of all Seattle.

It seems odd him saying this after the Saints signed him, it gives me the impression he's not happy with being here. 

What a drama fest Gallette has started on twitter. I am not even going to comment on it cause it's so ridiculous. I'll stick to my soaps for drama, wow. 

It seems odd him saying this after the Saints signed him, it gives me the impression he's not happy with being here. 

Yeah, I wonder if he just went for the money as most players do. He talked about Seattle even last year with the Pats so I get the sense he was really close to the LoB guys. I get it on one hand but why say it publicly just after signing?