Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Was Marcel Dareus available?

I think it was just a rumor. But I think 2014 was the last year of his rookie deal so that's probably where that came from. There's no reason the team wouldn't re-sign him though. They should have plenty of call room this coming off-season. The suspension doesn't mean anything.

If he was I'm sure we wouldn't have traded for him. We don't seem to make trades that make sense like that. Darius is one of my favorite defensive players in the league. It would've been awesome to have gotten him, but honestly I don't think there was anything at all to those rumors. The Bills would be stupid to trade a beast like that.

If he was I'm sure we wouldn't have traded for him. We don't seem to make trades that make sense like that. Darius is one of my favorite defensive players in the league. It would've been awesome to have gotten him, but honestly I don't think there was anything at all to those rumors. The Bills would be stupid to trade a beast like that.

Right.

It's not like we traded for Vonte Davis or anyone like that......

:facepalm:

Right.

It's not like we traded for Vonte Davis or anyone like that......

Yeah that was an excellent move. Maybe one of the best trades in the last several years, and has helped our team tremendously, but then we make stupid ones like trading Jerry Hughes for a bum, then trading a 1st rounder for another bum. My whole point is Grigs is more likely to make a trade like the later two than one like the Vontae trade.

Yeah that was an excellent move. Maybe one of the best trades in the last several years, and has helped our team tremendously, but then we make stupid ones like trading Jerry Hughes for a bum, then trading a 1st rounder for another bum. My whole point is Grigs is more likely to make a trade like the later two than one like the Vontae trade.

So,  Grigs has made two bad trades against one good trade (your view) and from that you conclude that Grigson is more likely to make a bad trade than a good trade.

Wow............

You need another good trade to balance that out?    How about the trade up to draft some little known wide receiver named TY Hilton.    Does that even the score any?

Trent Richardson!

Did you see the headline of the thread? It says Was Marcel Dareus available? It didn't say whine about old news. Since you feel the need to make appoint of how you think of Grigson please tell us has there ever been another GM that has took a 2-14 team that was 39 million in dead cap space and took them as far as the Colts in three seasons? That is after rebuilding pretty much the whole team. The Colts are now in contention to win a super bowl but now that you have spoke your opinion about him maybe we should all just fold up the team, fire Grigson and start over? (sarcasm)

Did you see the headline of the thread? It says Was Marcel Dareus available? It didn't say whine about old news. Since you feel the need to make appoint of how you think of Grigson please tell us has there ever been another GM that has took a 2-14 team that was 39 million in dead cap space and took them as far as the Colts in three seasons? That is after rebuilding pretty much the whole team. The Colts are now in contention to win a super bowl but now that you have spoke your opinion about him maybe we should all just fold up the team, fire Grigson and start over? (sarcasm)

I'm not one of those fire everybody guys. Grigs has made some bad moves, but he's made some really good moves as well. But I do want to say this. When you take over a team and have Andrew Luck handed to you like we did then anybody can succeed. We could be a little farther along too with different decisions, but hey like they say. Hindsight's 20-20 or whatever. All I did was make a little comment about how even if he was available we probably wouldn't have traded for him anyways. For an example. To me if you have had a weak O-Line and have question marks along it, and then there's an all pro guard sitting as a FA that could immediately fix that O-Line, then IMO you go all in to bring that all pro guard to your franchise. Grigson isn't like that. But this has gotten blown way out of proportion over the original comment I made. Grigs is fine.

I'm not one of those fire everybody guys. Grigs has made some bad moves, but he's made some really good moves as well. But I do want to say this. When you take over a team and have Andrew Luck handed to you like we did then anybody can succeed. We could be a little farther along too with different decisions, but hey like they say. Hindsight's 20-20 or whatever. All I did was make a little comment about how even if he was available we probably wouldn't have traded for him anyways. For an example. To me if you have had a weak O-Line and have question marks along it, and then there's an all pro guard sitting as a FA that could immediately fix that O-Line, then IMO you go all in to bring that all pro guard to your franchise. Grigson isn't like that. But this has gotten blown way out of proportion over the original comment I made. Grigs is fine.

What has gotten blown way out of proportion is this never ending whine about TRich.

Well at the time of the Hughes trade, he was not far from a bum himself.  He was also one of several guys in line to play OLB along with Mathis and new signings Walden and Sidbury...not to mention the draft was still coming up.  We also, at that time, had a shortage of quality ILBs.  At that time, the trade made sense.  There was no way of knowing that Hughes would have a double-digit sack season that next year and that Sheppard would flame out.  It was an attempt at dealing a commodity at a position of strength to try to reinforce a position of weakness.  It didn't work out.  Such is life in the NFL. 

• 3 weeks later...

This is just hear say but I've heard Dareus and his agent are not close on contract negotiations. Take it for what it's worth. If he made it to free agency, I'd much rather spend money on Dareus over Allen or Fleener. With the WRs we have we can make do with an average TE. Look at the Packers.

• 2 weeks later...

What has gotten blown way out of proportion is this never ending whine about TRich.

It's ridiculous we traded for the second coming of AP by EVERY soursce coming out. He was a can't miss prospect that put up good numbers on a Browns team that had no one his rookie year 1300 yards 12tds in 14 games playing most of the yr with 2 broken ribs

Ballard Thomas and Allen had just went down for the year. We got the 3rd overall pick for a late first. Who knew that Trent was going to be a Headcase? Apparently a blind one at that.

It would be great to have not just someone who could solidify our line, but be a genuine 3 down playmaker. The players we put around him would be much better for him being next to them. He is also the best pass rushing 0 tech nose tackle except for maybe Dontari Poe.

That said, we don't have the assets to give up to get him in a trade and we wouldnt be able to afford his contract after we have sogned our guys.

It's ridiculous we traded for the second coming of AP by EVERY soursce coming out. He was a can't miss prospect that put up good numbers on a Browns team that had no one his rookie year 1300 yards 12tds in 14 games playing most of the yr with 2 broken ribs

Ballard Thomas and Allen had just went down for the year. We got the 3rd overall pick for a late first. Who knew that Trent was going to be a Headcase? Apparently a blind one at that.

If anyone thought Trent was impressive in Cleveland, they didn't actually watch him play.