Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Minnesota Wins! We Clinch #2 Overall Pick!

SilentHill

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets say we do win next week and get the 2nd pick to draft Matt Kalil.

Our OL looks like this:

LT - Matt Kalil

LG - Ben Ijalana

C - Jeff Saturday

RG - Ryan Diem

RT - Anthony Castonzo

With Peyton coming back, its really important we have a good offensive line to protect him.

just a question can Castonzo switch to RT w/o any problems?? I dont know much about O lineman switching positions

Good, but the number 1 is what I want. Let's hope for a Colts and Rams win next week. I think this is a win win situation now.

If we don't get number 1, we get Kalil which is a huge bonus to our line. We move Castonzo over and Ijalana inside.

If we get the number, we get Luck, which is great!

just a question can Castonzo switch to RT w/o any problems?? I dont know much about O lineman switching positions

during the senior bowl he played LT guard and RT, anyway said it before but now really am off, glad i could come up with dome info for u

He played RT in high school and his freshman. Like Barry said, he also played RT in the senior bowl. It shouldn't be a big change at all. Ijalana is very versatile so he should do well at RG. We also have depth with Pollak, Tepper, Link as backups.

But Bradford isn't getting paid as much as Manning is. We're apparently going to take Luck, however. Besides, Bradford has been far worse this year than he was his rookie year, yet fans around here think the Rams will keep him. The Browns will dump McCoy, despite this being his first full-year starting, suffering a concussion, and having no weapons around him, but the Rams will definitely keep Bradford.

/sarcasm

If Luck is as good as people pretend him to be, then even the Rams would be stupid to pass on him. At the very least, they will hold us hostage for the pick.

Luck will be the first player in the draft picked, it is who is going to be given the opportunity to buy that pick and if we are 2nd, we are not trading up to get that pick, ain't going to happen.

So the question would be....IF we have the 2nd pick, would we be interested in trading up?

No way in the world, NONE, zero chance

Rams trade their pick away.

Yep, and so do we I believe.

Our OL looks like this:

LT - Matt Kalil

LG - Ben Ijalana

C - Jeff Saturday

RG - Ryan Diem

RT - Anthony Castonzo

With Peyton coming back, its really important we have a good offensive line to protect him.

They are not going to change Costanza to the RT spot, that is tagged for Ijalana. They will pick a gaurd, that is what this team needs.

Good, but the number 1 is what I want. Let's hope for a Colts and Rams win next week. I think this is a win win situation now.

If we don't get number 1, we get Kalil which is a huge bonus to our line. We move Castonzo over and Ijalana inside.

If we get the number, we get Luck, which is great!

He is not going to LT, we will pick another position on that oline or a CB after trading down a few spots.

He played RT in high school and his freshman. Like Barry said, he also played RT in the senior bowl. It shouldn't be a big change at all. Ijalana is very versatile so he should do well at RG. We also have depth with Pollak, Tepper, Link as backups.

tepper impressed me less than Link and less than Pollak and that is saying alot. Polian has said Ijalana will be the RT and not a guard so accept it that we are not swapping the oline positions around.

So the question would be....IF we have the 2nd pick, would we be interested in trading up?

How much do you want to give up to move up one spot? I wouldn't rule it out but I think it might be smarter for the Colts to hold pat at number two and either take someone there or move back a couple of spots themselves.

For all those saying we might take the tackle Polian said on his show this week one of the two spots we were set at was offensive tackle (the other was runningback). I would look for the Colts to move back via a trade themselves or take another poistion. I think we are going to target the LSU cornerback if we don't get the top overall pick.

Our OL looks like this:

LT - Matt Kalil

LG - Ben Ijalana

C - Jeff Saturday

RG - Ryan Diem

RT - Anthony Castonzo

We are still waiting to see if Peyton is healthy beore it's a lock he comes back. Let's say he is though and let's say we take Kalil if we do that I doubt we bring back Diem AND Saturday. It's much more likely our line would probably be

LT -Castonzo or Kalil (just because Kalil would be a higher draft pick doesn't mean he would be better than a tackle with a year's experience at left tackle and was also a first round pick)

LG -Reitz

C-Saturday (I would think we bring him back if Peyton comes back but it will depend on money)

RG -Ijalana

RT -Castonzo or Kalil

That would be an extremely young line with a rookie and two players learning new poistions and one of them pretty much being a rookie because he played a half of football this season and Reitz really only being a second year starter.

I am not crazy about that line right away it would take a little while to come together but over the long haul it should pay off but at some point we have to find a new center because the Colts are going to have to make a choice on Pollack's contract. It could be they let Saturday and Diem go and put Pollack in as the center and go with the all new line next year.

Still I think this is unlikely the line is just now starting to come together this year and is becoming what it was rebuilt to be a runblocking line and I don't think the Colts are going to hit it was major changes this off-season by moving young players around like this. It's think it's far more likely the Colts will trust their first two round draft picks this year to develop and address the CB, WR, DE, or QB spot with the first round pick.

If we don't get number 1 (I really hope we do) I'd like to see us get Claiborne. Think he's ace.

That's what I think the pick is going to be if we don't get Luck.

Polian said Monday we were in real need of playmakers on third down to get off the field. He then said in an interview on 1070 on Friday that we haven't had a true shut down corner in years and that we have never replaced Hayden. That tells me where I think he is leaning but there is a lot of time for things to change between now and then.

I hope the Colts loose against the Jaguars. I know that sounds terrible, but ^messing^ up the number one pick in the last game after an awful season would be over the top. Even if we don't draft Luck, we would get a lot of picks!

Na I totally understand that view point and I think alot of people do as well. Just as long as you don't mad at your team for winning if they do I don't think most people are going to have an issue with that.

Na I totally understand that view point and I think alot of people do as well. Just as long as you don't mad at your team for winning if they do I don't think most people are going to have an issue with that.

Unless you really wanted that loss so you could root for a win one more time this season....

I see a number of teams that will definately be making offers to swap places with the #1 overall.

(final draft order may vary)

Rams

Colts

*Vikings

Bucs

Jags

*Browns

*Redskins

*Dolphins

*Chiefs

*Titans

*Seahawks

Panthers

Bills

Eagles

Chargers

*Raiders

U can take the Raiders off. They don't have any draft picks.

You could say that if I said he would have the same statistical year, but I said win.

I was joking with you (Merry Christmas!), but I really doubt Clausen could have pulled off 2 or 3 wins, much less 6. Cam was a force this season.

Anyway - back to the Colts discussion.

I haven't been paying attention to LSU much this year even though I'm definitely going to watch the championship game. Is Claiborne the real deal??????????? Is he a shut down Revis style corner with potential to be AS good in the NFL? Or would he be more like Samuel?

If he didn't have that potential he wouldn't be touted as a top 5 pick

Luck will be the first player in the draft picked, it is who is going to be given the opportunity to buy that pick and if we are 2nd, we are not trading up to get that pick, ain't going to happen.

No way in the world, NONE, zero chance

Yep, and so do we I believe.

They are not going to change Costanza to the RT spot, that is tagged for Ijalana. They will pick a gaurd, that is what this team needs.

He is not going to LT, we will pick another position on that oline or a CB after trading down a few spots.

tepper impressed me less than Link and less than Pollak and that is saying alot. Polian has said Ijalana will be the RT and not a guard so accept it that we are not swapping the oline positions around.

Your a cocky guy aren't you? You have no idea what they'll do if they get the 2nd pick. They'll probably pick Kalil as he is the best guy available and it helps out a need on our team.

WHEN HAS POLIAN SAID THAT IJALANA WILL BE THE RT? Tell me when? No one thought that Diem would switch, but he did. Stop being so naive.

Your a cocky guy aren't you? You have no idea what they'll do if they get the 2nd pick. They'll probably pick Kalil as he is the best guy available and it helps out a need on our team.

WHEN HAS POLIAN SAID THAT IJALANA WILL BE THE RT? Tell me when? No one thought that Diem would switch, but he did. Stop being so naive.

No, it doesn't. We have our OT's. GoColts already pointed out that Polian himself has said that we're set at OT. I'd definitely be ok with taking Claiborn at #2 but, because this is such a deep draft for CB, I'd rather trade back out of the #2 spot. We could drop back a few spots and still get Kirkpatrick if we still wanted a CB, or David DeCastro to help the OL (because OG is a need) or heck I'd even be ok with Blackmon/Jeffery/Floyd if they wanted to go WR in the first round though I'd prefer to wait for WR. I'd love to get Reuben Randle ...if he fell to the top of the 3rd round that'd be awesome...assuming he declares that is.

Polian did say we were set on tackles and running backs. Needed qb and a playmaker on defense.