Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Minnesota Wins! We Clinch #2 Overall Pick!

SilentHill

Your a cocky guy aren't you? You have no idea what they'll do if they get the 2nd pick. They'll probably pick Kalil as he is the best guy available and it helps out a need on our team.

WHEN HAS POLIAN SAID THAT IJALANA WILL BE THE RT? Tell me when? No one thought that Diem would switch, but he did. Stop being so naive.

Kalil does NOT fill a need on the Colts at all. Polian said last week that we need an upgrade at every posistion EXCEPT OT. The only way Kalil ends up a Colt next yr. would be for the Polians to get fired and a new GM come in with a different outlook for the Colts. So I will say it again, as long as Polian is here, there is no way Kalil will be a Colt.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could always move a tackle inside, that's what we did with Diem. Imagine having a guy like Ijalana inside. He's so versatile and strong. It's a CB heavy draft, and we could get a playmaker in Hosley or Minnifield at the top of the 2nd round. Maybe Janoris Jenkins drops there too. I wouldn't be unhappy with Claiborne, but if Polian wants PM to play several more years, he's gonna have to protect. You can do a lot of things with a tackle.

I prefer Floyd over Blackmon

I've seen all his game and he is a big physical go get the ball receiver. Reminds me of megatron.

He's probably the best WR coming out, but he's no CJ. He's not much bigger than Reggie or Pierre. Megatron is a freak of nature.

Edit: Sorry, I was talking about Blackmon...

Edited by Smonroe

So.. we get either Luck or Kalil. I'd be happy with one of them.

I don't see us taking Kalil after spending a first and a traded up second for Castonzo and Ijalana last year. That's first round money for a LT and a RT and one of them sitting the pine. If they don't get Luck, they either take the top CB or trade down.

Lets say we do win next week and get the 2nd pick to draft Matt Kalil.

Our OL looks like this:

LT - Matt Kalil

LG - Ben Ijalana

C - Jeff Saturday

RG - Ryan Diem

RT - Anthony Castonzo

With Peyton coming back, its really important we have a good offensive line to protect him.

So for the same reason a trade down for the Luck pick makes sense, wouldn't it make sense to trade down if we are going to go Oline in the first? Decastro has all pro guard written all over him, which is what we need opposed to tackle. Why not trade down and grab a top 5 talent who slides simply because of his position? That makes more sense to me. Plus we could get a 1st next year with the trade giving us 2. 1 for future QB, 1 for solidifying team.

Polian said we aren't trading our pick.

He has said a lot of things in the past and this one, I believe if Manning is back next season, he does not waste a player who will sit for 3-4 years, cost a lot of cash to sit and if he sits for that long he could turn into a party person, get into trouble and be shunned from the leage before he starts. It would be stupid IMHO to pick a bench player for 4 years with the 1st pick no matter how great this kid may become. It is just more risk to carry for 4 years on someone who will not help at all and anything could happen to him over the term. Heck, he could end up a bust as well and in 4 years, we have to do it all over again. I think Polian knows what the pick is worth at #1 and I believe it will be dealt for several picks.

Your a cocky guy aren't you? You have no idea what they'll do if they get the 2nd pick. They'll probably pick Kalil as he is the best guy available and it helps out a need on our team. WHEN HAS POLIAN SAID THAT IJALANA WILL BE THE RT? Tell me when? No one thought that Diem would switch, but he did. Stop being so naive.

I am cocky? Hello kettle!! Polian has made the statements on more than one account that Ijalana will not be a gaurd he will be a tackle and since we had such crap at the RG spot for most of the year, I take him at his word on this item since he sat the bench while the gaurd spot struggled. Now others can chime in as to back up the statement of what Polian said as I am not going searching for it, I know what I heard him say. All bets are off if we get another coach who can evaluate talent on the team and put them in places best suited for them instead of placing the square peg in the round hole. All of this is what I think will happen, and much like your opinion, it is about as worthless as * on a boar since neither of us are on the evaluation and planning committee of the Colts.

Merry Christmas to you Andy

I don't really follow college football, so help me out here, but are there any monstrous defensive tackles projected for this years draft?

From all accounts, there are no Dt's worthy of a top 5 and perhaps even top 15 pick. It seems we will have maybe 2 Qb's, 2 wr's, a RB, a LB, OT, and 2 cb's taken in the first 10 picks. You may be able to toss in a DE that turns heads with work outs and you know some kids will skyrocket up the charts because of measurables and incredible workouts even though the tape still says be careful. I would love to be able to pick up a Ndamukong Suh type of DT this draft but it doesn't appear there are any of those here.

From all accounts, there are no Dt's worthy of a top 5 and perhaps even top 15 pick. It seems we will have maybe 2 Qb's, 2 wr's, a RB, a LB, OT, and 2 cb's taken in the first 10 picks. You may be able to toss in a DE that turns heads with work outs and you know some kids will skyrocket up the charts because of measurables and incredible workouts even though the tape still says be careful. I would love to be able to pick up a Ndamukong Suh type of DT this draft but it doesn't appear there are any of those here.

Oh bother.

Looks like I'm still not getting my warren sapp.

:hissy:

He's probably the best WR coming out, but he's no CJ. He's not much bigger than Reggie or Pierre. Megatron is a freak of nature.

Edit: Sorry, I was talking about Blackmon...

Floyd is 6'3 230

Megatron 6'5 235

Garçon 6'0 210

Blackmon 6'1 215

Like I said Floyd reminds me of megatron. He's big and physical. Doesn't give up on plays and can out jump any db. I would take him over Blackmon in a heartbeat. We will see what he looks like at combine but he is a stud no doubt.

Every thread is about Luck... Impossible not to talk about it

You are correct. With playoff hopes dashed a long time ago, the draft is more significant and interesting to the Colts' fans in December than it has been in many years. Even more so since the Colts have a real shot at the #1 pick. With a guy available who is considered to be the best QB prospect in a decade or more, interest is intensified. With the great Peyton Manning on the roster, naturally there will be discussion as to what the Colts should do with the pick. For those who are tired of the discussion and don't want to discuss it -- don't.

get ready for RG3...

For what team? Not us.

Like someone said earlier he requires a simple playbook cause he struggles with complex offenses. I don't think he will be an elite qb in the nfl. Great talent but don't see it happening. Def don't want my team wasting a first round on him.

Rg3 isn't ready like luck is. Rg3 has awful footwork. YouTube it. He also struggles with velocity at times. When I see him throw he doesn't use his lower body at all. I've seen him miss easy throws at times. Requires a very simplified playbook. Played in a weak conference.the. Big 12 is statistically thee worst defense in college ball. He has a great deep ball don't get me wrong. Not incredibly tall for a qb at 6 foot 1 and half inches. This is what I've learned after researching rg3. Articles about him, draft previews and video.

Rg3 isn't ready like luck is. Rg3 has awful footwork. YouTube it. He also struggles with velocity at times. When I see him throw he doesn't use his lower body at all. I've seen him miss easy throws at times. Requires a very simplified playbook. Played in a weak conference.the. Big 12 is statistically thee worst defense in college ball. He has a great deep ball don't get me wrong. Not incredibly tall for a qb at 6 foot 1 and half inches. This is what I've learned after researching rg3. Articles about him, draft previews and video.

Back up gents...

Think about what we want......ALL of your criticisms can be corrected...

And we have 4 years to correct them. We wre NOT drafting a QB to play next Sepetmebr...

I've got RG3 at 6-foot-2 and I've also got him as a world class hurdler...

His TD to Interceptions ratio is better than Lucks and his competition has been as good or better.

What do you think RG3 could be after 4 years at 'Manning school'

He is the fastest player in college football....He could run back kicks in Peyton's final years....until he takes over at QB

Dont dismiss him so quickly...

..Imagine him indoors in downtown Indy?

Just think about it.

Back up gents...

Think about what we want......ALL of your criticisms can be corrected...

And we have 4 years to correct them. We wre NOT drafting a QB to play next Sepetmebr...

I've got RG3 at 6-foot-2 and I've also got him as a world class hurdler...

His TD to Interceptions ratio is better than Lucks and his competition has been as good or better.

What do you think RG3 could be after 4 years at 'Manning school'

He is the fastest player in college football....He could run back kicks in Peyton's final years....until he takes over at QB

Dont dismiss him so quickly...

..Imagine him indoors in downtown Indy?

Just think about it.

His stats are so good cause he plays in a awful conference that's thee worst at pass defense. He has speed but it's straight line speed. Can't use a big play book with him. Undersized running qb = hurt qb. When he has played good defenses they have lost by 24 plus points both times. 4yrs of manning school??? What if manning plays 1 more year like several people think. Then our horrible coaching staff has to take on a young qb project. We need an nfl ready qb. If he can learn from manning that's great if manning doesn't return in a couple years with more weapons around luck we r a playoff team. See Detroit

Plus luck has played good defenses all year lost 1 game. All their wins have been pretty much blow outs. Lucks got size, great football iq, great accuracy/footwork, can extend the play and a HAS made all the nfl TYPE throws you want to see in a college prospect. His work ethic is amazing and he is a leader. This is why he is the greatest prospect since elway and in time I will see.

His stats are so good cause he plays in a awful conference that's thee worst at pass defense. He has speed but it's straight line speed. Can't use a big play book with him. Undersized running qb = hurt qb. 4yrs of manning school??? What if manning plays 1 more year like several people think. Then our horrible coaching staff has to take on a young qb project. We need an nfl ready qb. If he can learn from manning that's great if manning doesn't return in a couple years with more weapons around luck we r a playoff team. See Detroit

Plus luck has played good defenses all year lost 1 game. All there wins have been pretty much blow outs. Lucks got size, great football iq, great accuracy/footwork, can extend the play and a HAS made all the nfl TYPE throws you want to see in a college prospect. His work ethic is amazing and he is a leader. This is why he is the greatest prospect since elway and in time I will see.

Why do we need an NFL ready QB? He's going to sit

.and our 'horrible staff'' isnt relevelant.."Manning runs our offense....

RG3 is NOT a running QB...

..and we take Luck if Luck is availble..let me say again..This is if Luck is NOT AVAILABLE...

RG3 won the Heisman Trophy...like Cam Newton...Manning will be back...and not for 1 year//

Manning has 4 years left on the contract.

Its an option

Why do we need an NFL ready QB? He's going to sit

Says who? And he will only get better that's y. Manning is coming off 3 neck surgeries and is aging. Our online us the greatest. We don't even know if he will pass a physical yet.

..and we take Luck if Luck is availble..let me say again..This is if Luck is NOT AVAILABLE...

RG3 won the Heisman Trophy...like Cam Newton...Manning will be back...and not for 1 year//

Its an option

Heismam doesn't mean good nfl player lol. Here's some recent winners the last 10 years

Jason white okl QB

Matt leinhart USC qb

Troy smith OS qb

Tim Tebow Flor qb

Mark Ingram bama hb

And I said if manning gets hurt so yes our horrible staff would be relevant

Its an option

Rg3 ran it over 160 times not exactly a pure pocket passer

Heismam doesn't mean good nfl player lol. Here's some recent winners the last 10 years

Jason white okl QB

Matt leinhart USC qb

Troy smith OS qb

Tim Tebow Flor qb

Mark Ingram bama hb

And I said if manning gets hurt so yes our horrible staff would be relevant

But Cam Newton won the Heisman.......

It means you're pretty good.....

How do you KNOW who will succeed and fail.

If Manning gets hurt..it doesn't matter who we drafted..

We're a losing team with Andrew Luck at QB in 2012.....agreed??

As far as moving Castonzo to RT, several draft reports commented on his lack of versatility as to what positions he could play. Here is one from draftbreakdown.com: Castonzo lacks ideal lower body strength, however, and can lose anchor quite frequently against power rushers. Lack of versatility is also an issue, as Castonzo is not suited to play right tackle or any guard position. He can stand too tall at times, allowing the defender to push him off balance and collapse the pocket.

http://draftbreakdown.com/scouting-report-anthony-castonzo

Lol ur. Cracking me up with this cam newton argument. That must mean rg3 is going to be the same haha

Rg3 ran it over 160 times not exactly a pure pocket passer

You're aware of the scouting report..

Top deep passer///.pass first, run second...

Dont leave out parts of the scouting report....just for the sake of arguement.

...and again..this is if Luck is NOT available and we dont want to draft an o-lineman with the No.2 overall pick

Whatever this team does in this draft, I want to see a better team built not just 1 player and hope. We have a pretty good chance to grab some very nice NFL ready talent with this lottery ticket and I would rather see us grab 4 really nice pieces to play now than 1 really potentially special player to play in 4 years. Build a team, not a player.

As far as moving Castonzo to RT, several draft reports commented on his lack of versatility as to what positions he could play. Here is one from draftbreakdown.com: Castonzo lacks ideal lower body strength, however, and can lose anchor quite frequently against power rushers. Lack of versatility is also an issue, as Castonzo is not suited to play right tackle or any guard position. He can stand too tall at times, allowing the defender to push him off balance and collapse the pocket.

http://draftbreakdow...nthony-castonzo

He's shown that report to be wrong..hanst he???