Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Conspiracy Theory

WoolMagnet

I don't watch "wrasslin'" or nascar.

scary, huh?

Teaches me to stereotype......lol

I hope people remember the hype that surrounded Reggie Bush before his draft. Though not a bust, his career has been but a tiny fraction of what he was hyped as. There were "conspiracy theories" surrounding NO and Hou concerning him. Houston won the #1 pick and....they selected Mario Williams, not Reggie Bush.

Point being .......Luck may be a bust, he may be just an average QB. We don't know, Irsay and Polian don't know and there is no way that all this strife and impending lost jobs and fanbase turmoil would be worth a conspired effort to tank a season for an unknown quantity.

Manning's name keeps getting conjured as an example of the decisions being made "What if we didn't get Manning because we won too many games". Though Manning was hyped, I don't remember him being hyped even a speck of how much Luck is being hyped. Yet he burgeoned into a player that would spend the last 9+ years of his career as a definitive 1st ballot HoF'er. Think about that....He still has a good 4 years left and has been declared a HoF'er for at least 5 years.

Why is this relevant? Because he wasn't given undue hype yet he became the GOAT when NOBODY saw that coming. Whats grinding my gears is this 'wishful thinking-esque' mindset that Luck is Manning part II. You can't scout the Manning/Brady x-factor....it is immeasurable and unforeseeable.

For any team to pick Luck at #1 is a gamble....any team. For a team to purposely tank and/or try to not win to acquire Luck is a short-cut to thinking.

I know a Titans fans who said he's glad the Colts are winning because, " it wouldn't be fare for the Colts to get Luck after having Manning"

so many fans have compared their plight to that of Colts fans.

I have a friend who is a Redskins fan and he has been sharing with me all that that fan base has endured

They look at the Colts and they wonder when it's going to be their turn.

I must say, I am glad I am not a Redskins fan.

so many fans have compared their plight to that of Colts fans.

I have a friend who is a Redskins fan and he has been sharing with me all that that fan base has endured

They look at the Colts and they wonder when it's going to be their turn.

I must say, I am glad I am not a Redskins fan.

Maureen your right we have been spoiled rotten to say the least and we have a bad season and we have heard all this stuff about trading Manning and Luck will be our savior and take us to many SB's. Can you imagine what all the other teams are thinking especially the teams that haven't made the playoff's in a long time or never been to a play off. Look at SD have they ever been to a SB? Don't remember it if they have and Rivers is a good QB. I will take all our seasons and endure a bad season and looking for a better season next year. :dance:

Maureen your right we have been spoiled rotten to say the least and we have a bad season and we have heard all this stuff about trading Manning and Luck will be our savior and take us to many SB's. Can you imagine what all the other teams are thinking especially the teams that haven't made the playoff's in a long time or never been to a play off. Look at SD have they ever been to a SB? Don't remember it if they have and Rivers is a good QB. I will take all our seasons and endure a bad season and looking for a better season next year. :dance:

SD went back in like 94-95? They got destroyed by the Niners if I remember right. Thats back when the AFC was incapable of winning the SB.

It's only natural that the newer Colts fans are inherently spoiled. Those of us that waited 20 years for success to breed here, I think we still have a humble feeling about this disastrous season and have kept a better perspective.

It's only natural that the newer Colts fans are inherently spoiled. Those of us that waited 20 years for success to breed here, I think we still have a humble feeling about this disastrous season and have kept a better perspective.

Life in general has kicked me around enough for me to let this sort of thing roll off me. Maybe i'm not as passionate as those who are so angry right now about the state of things. Probably.

I must say though that this Redskins fan makes me laugh. He has shared endless stories with me., I don't follow that team and I had no idea what the fan base was enduring.

Those are some sturdy fans there! And it does remind me of the bad old days. And it is true that when you overcome them.......as the Colts did in XLI, victory..........could not possibly be sweeter.

I do hope their day comes.

Anyone else see a parallel with the two wins and the next game?

Looks like the AFC South decided they don't wanna endure another 13 years of a 1st overall pick QB in Indy.

Can you blame them "making a deal"?

:lol:

Houston was def not a conspiracy theory. They wanted to win to have a shot at a 1st round bye. I didn't see the Tenn game and I wont see the JAX game, but I guess it is possible lol.

SD went back in like 94-95? They got destroyed by the Niners if I remember right. Thats back when the AFC was incapable of winning the SB.

I also remember those leaner years quite well so this year hasn't bothered me as much as the newer members. Do I like the season not really but I know there is a brighter season around the corner again.

Come on sunshine I'm waiting for you. :whatever:

please, as a Patriot fan I waited longer than you :evil:

Tho I admit we did make up for lost time ;-)

please, as a Patriot fan I waited longer than you :evil:

Tho I admit we did make up for lost time ;-)

Waiting about a quarter century for my team to win it all was long enough. 5+ years of having one of the most prolific offenses ever, only to watch them get spanked in the post-season year in and year out was hard on my ticker.

I miss the pats-colts games of old. Hoping like heck we get another classic in 2012.

The Titans are fighting for a playoff spot and the Texans WERE fighting for a playoff bye. They most certainly tried to beat us and just realized their rookie QB's suck. Jacksonville I'm a little more worried about, though no player in sports history has ever intentionally tanked so that their team could get a better draft pick or a rival team would get a worse one. However, a front office/coaching staff could make some questionable decisions that would hurt us for the next 15 years

Waiting about a quarter century for my team to win it all was long enough. 5+ years of having one of the most prolific offenses ever, only to watch them get spanked in the post-season year in and year out was hard on my ticker.

I miss the pats-colts games of old. Hoping like heck we get another classic in 2012.

Personally I'm glad I'm not a colts fan. I couldn't handle those disasters. I would have been so mad because I demand good coaching. With good coaching,Polian staying out of it,proper drafting balance, AND not letting Manning run the offense...those colts win a playoff game or two. One they let Washington and Marcus go and went small fast over pursuit defensive players with tackling abilities of the Key Stone Cops...well...they went south.

But they did eek out a SB so...in the end thats all a fan can ask. (we were just lucky as fans to have BB win 3)

edit:

Oh and a 4th to soon to be:-)

Personally I'm glad I'm not a colts fan. I couldn't handle those disasters. I would have been so mad because I demand good coaching. With good coaching,Polian staying out of it,proper drafting balance, AND not letting Manning run the offense...those colts win a playoff game or two. One they let Washington and Marcus go and went small fast over pursuit defensive players with tackling abilities of the Key Stone Cops...well...they went south.

But they did eek out a SB so...in the end thats all a fan can ask. (we were just lucky as fans to have BB win 3)

edit:

"Personally I'm glad I'm not a colts fan." ? Dood. :nono2: Ouch.

Ditto, man, ditto.

Now you are sounding like a :flyingelvis: fan.

;)

Life in general has kicked me around enough for me to let this sort of thing roll off me. Maybe i'm not as passionate as those who are so angry right now about the state of things. Probably.

I must say though that this Redskins fan makes me laugh. He has shared endless stories with me., I don't follow that team and I had no idea what the fan base was enduring.

Those are some sturdy fans there! And it does remind me of the bad old days. And it is true that when you overcome them.......as the Colts did in XLI, victory..........could not possibly be sweeter.

I do hope their day comes.

Well Maureen, I am from the Hampton Roads region of Virginia and well acquainted with the Washington Redskins because we are force fed their games every Sunday. LOL Anyway, what you say is true but you also have to consider that franchise had a fantastic run in the eighties where they went to three Super Bowls and won two of them. That is better than what the Colts have done thus far in the Manning era. So they have had their day already. Their time in the sun coincided with many franchises such as San Francisco, Denver, Buffalo, Miami, etc. Notice how all of these franchises have gone well over a decade in search for their next franchise quarterback. What is happening now is they are languishing in the dark ages that often catch up to winning teams and they have an dipstick of an owner by the name of Dan Snyder. Also the quarterback position there is a revolving black hole. These dark ages result because the NFL is designed to punish winning teams over time and reward losing ones with high draft picks resulting in more parity. The thing is though Franchise quarterbacks are like comets that come by once every generation. Bad teams are often in a position to try and field one but it is rare when what they end up with actually turns out to be one. For the Colts to be in such a position with their franchise qb (Manning) already in tow for a few more years is rare and why so many Colts fans are excited. Nevertheless, no one knows for sure what Luck will be so it is still definitely a risk.

Meanwhile when teams like the Redskins, Niners, Bills, Dolphins and Broncos were enjoying their golden eras. The hapless Colts were switching cities, mired in losing, and blowing #1 picks on worthless quarterbacks and other draft busts. We languished in mediocrity until Eric Dickerson and Harbaugh provided some temporary relief. Eventually we landed our true franchise qb Manning and the rest is history. But the Colts paid their dues for as long or longer as these Skins fans have been suffering now.

So next time your Skins fan friend comes to you with his sob stories tell him to suck it up and whip out your air violin. LOL lmao

edit:

3 huh? Soon to be 4th huh? Okay show me all your Lombardi's that don't have Spy Gate taint all over them. I'm waiting...

That alleged "soon to be" 4th would be the first. You know I had to do it! :wave: :blueshoe:

You...you....PATS MOD! :lol:

"Personally I'm glad I'm not a colts fan." ? Dood. :nono2: Ouch.

Ditto, man, ditto.

Now you are sounding like a :flyingelvis: fan.

;)

If I was colts fan these last years I'd be so mad I'd probably get banned :)

I don't mind losing but I deplore bad coaching and disicpline (bad tackling and penalties) because that can be controlled.

3 huh? Soon to be 4th huh? Okay show me all your Lombardi's that don't have Spy Gate taint all over them. I'm waiting...

That alleged "soon to be" 4th would be the first. You know I had to do it! :wave: :blueshoe:

You...you....PATS MOD! :lol:

hehe..I have to feel my oats sometimes;)

Tainted? Yes I think they're tainted with gold :P

If I was colts fan these last years I'd be so mad I'd probably get banned :)

I don't mind losing but I deplore bad coaching and disicpline (bad tackling and penalties) because that can be controlled.

I can stomach bad coaching more than ***.

Its an ethical thing.

But some take success anyway they can get it.

Personally, I'd be more embarrassed to be a Pats fan.

I think making it to the Super Bowl twice is better than making it to the playoffs only three times.

Not for me.We made it to the SB twice with the Bears and Packers and lost both. Best not to go..so much hype on a SB:) Ya kinda want to win if you go. Unless you got 3 under the belt them its not so much.

Not for me.We made it to the SB twice with the Bears and Packers and lost both. Best not to go..so much hype on a SB:) Ya kinda want to win if you go. Unless you got 3 under the belt them its not so much.

So you'd rather lose in the playoffs or not make the playoffs than lose in the Super Bowl?

Seriously? Thats crazy.

You can't win it if you don't make it.

So next time your Skins fan friend comes to you with his sob stories tell him to suck it up and whip out your air violin. LOL lmao

I do not have the heart to do this

Although this season...........he was ranting about how bad they are

And I was like..

Seriously? You want to talk badness?

I WIN!

Teaches me to stereotype......lol

I hope people remember the hype that surrounded Reggie Bush before his draft. Though not a bust, his career has been but a tiny fraction of what he was hyped as. There were "conspiracy theories" surrounding NO and Hou concerning him. Houston won the #1 pick and....they selected Mario Williams, not Reggie Bush.

Point being .......Luck may be a bust, he may be just an average QB. We don't know, Irsay and Polian don't know and there is no way that all this strife and impending lost jobs and fanbase turmoil would be worth a conspired effort to tank a season for an unknown quantity.

Manning's name keeps getting conjured as an example of the decisions being made "What if we didn't get Manning because we won too many games". Though Manning was hyped, I don't remember him being hyped even a speck of how much Luck is being hyped. Yet he burgeoned into a player that would spend the last 9+ years of his career as a definitive 1st ballot HoF'er. Think about that....He still has a good 4 years left and has been declared a HoF'er for at least 5 years.

Why is this relevant? Because he wasn't given undue hype yet he became the GOAT when NOBODY saw that coming. Whats grinding my gears is this 'wishful thinking-esque' mindset that Luck is Manning part II. You can't scout the Manning/Brady x-factor....it is immeasurable and unforeseeable.

For any team to pick Luck at #1 is a gamble....any team. For a team to purposely tank and/or try to not win to acquire Luck is a short-cut to thinking.

Reggie Bush was never considered a no brainer. He was picked over by many an analyst. Many people thought he was too small to be an every down back. Actually, for what Bush trully is he is very good at it. He should never be a every down back though.

Reggie Bush was never considered a no brainer. He was picked over by many an analyst. Many people thought he was too small to be an every down back. Actually, for what Bush trully is he is very good at it. He should never be a every down back though.

Wasn't there a "Bush Bowl" in the last week of the season that year between NO and Houston? Some kind of controversy because someone missed an extra point that would've tied it and sent the game to overtime? Anyone remember this?

So you'd rather lose in the playoffs or not make the playoffs than lose in the Super Bowl?

Seriously? Thats crazy.

You can't win it if you don't make it.

You're interpeting my comment pre-sight. Of course you can't win a SB if you don't get there.Of course you want to win.

In hindsight losing a playoff game or not making it stings much less than losing a SB.

Im very proud of what the Colts have accomplished.

But Peyton Manning only having 1 SB is criminal.

Perhaps we as fans cheapen a Superbowl win alittle by expecting SB wins. We should never look at talent, whether its a whole team or player, and expect X amount of championships. There's too much parity in the NFL for that.

And sorry how I worded that, im sure your proud of the Colts.

Perhaps we as fans cheapen a Superbowl win alittle by expecting SB wins. We should never look at talent, whether its a whole team or player, and expect X amount of championships. There's too much parity in the NFL for that.

Absolutely. It is ridiculous to "expect" a SB win. Ever. With 32 teams in the league, you are average if you win once ever 32 years! The Colts have won 2 in 41, 4 in 54 (although less teams involved back then). If the Colts have done that, then by definition their championship success has been above average, and some other poor team or teams have been below average in turn. I'm capable of remembering the Patriots having decades of mediocrity before this run of success. In all those years of division rivalry, they were rarely the team that was worth feeling bitter about.

But Peyton Manning only having 1 SB is criminal.

Imagine what Broncos fans were saying before 1997. Think about what Dolphins fans said for 15 years with Dan Marino.

I agree that it sucks that we don't have more championships in the last seven years or so, but it's the way it goes in the NFL. With better decisions and coaching, maybe we have another ring or two (I fully blame coaching for the loss to the Saints). But Manning isn't the only great quarterback to be a little light in the rings department.

Absolutely. It is ridiculous to "expect" a SB win. Ever. With 32 teams in the league, you are average if you win once ever 32 years! The Colts have won 2 in 41, 4 in 54 (although less teams involved back then). If the Colts have done that, then by definition their championship success has been above average, and some other poor team or teams have been below average in turn. I'm capable of remembering the Patriots having decades of mediocrity before this run of success. In all those years of division rivalry, they were rarely the team that was worth feeling bitter about.

Yea, I agree.

Unfortunately, the patriots have made many think Super Bowls are easy to win.

Its too bad NE and especially belichek chose to operate their organization in a less than respectable and ethical way in order to win those three championships.

Their actions have altered the perception of how easy / hard it is to win a championship.

Its NO COINCIDENCE that they have had less success than even the Jets since they were caught.

NOTHING in life is a coincidence.