Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With The #3 Pick In The Draft, I Hope The Colts Pick...

unitaswestand

Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State

People are going to scream for defense, but I think it is clear the Colts want more young play makers. I doubt Wayne will be resigned, so it makes the most sense to me.

Honestly, if the Colts can beat Tennessee and Houston, Jacksonville shouldn't be a problem.

I actually agree with this. My other option would be Morris Claiborne of LSU on the defensive side. Yeah, No.3 for a CB might be a reach but he will make our D much better, IMO. Just my two cents.

People are going to scream for defense, but I think it is clear the Colts want more young play makers. I doubt Wayne will be resigned, so it makes the most sense to me.

Honestly, if the Colts can beat Tennessee and Houston, Jacksonville shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah I agree, I wish reggie could come back, but You know if he doesnt we have to pick someone to take him, Right? But also I say we work on Defense but I mean at this point I think the field is open to anything at this point

Rg3 isn't a number 3 pick at allllllllllllllllllllll.

QB's always get taken high, and RGIII is hot. He's a better prospect than was Cam Newton. If Andrew Luck weren't a lock for the #1 pick, RGIII would get consideration there. He's athletic, but passes first. He's accurate, has touch and power, and a lot of upside.

I would personally rather see us go with Claiborne. For one, we complain every year about our DB's, not our back up QB's. Yet we never draft CB's higher than round 3. Well, here's our chance to get a 10 year starter that could make a huge difference. Not only is he already better than our existing CB's, he's bigger, more physical, and returns kicks to boot.

I actually agree with this. My other option would be Morris Claiborne of LSU on the defensive side. Yeah, No.3 for a CB might be a reach but he will make our D much better, IMO. Just my two cents.

I agree with this one... look at how peyton took advantage of Garcon's skill sets and where garcon was drafted... the colts should draft a defensive player unless they wanna go QB and pick RGIII..

QB's always get taken high, and RGIII is hot. He's a better prospect than was Cam Newton. If Andrew Luck weren't a lock for the #1 pick, RGIII would get consideration there. He's athletic, but passes first. He's accurate, has touch and power, and a lot of upside.

I would personally rather see us go with Claiborne. For one, we complain every year about our DB's, not our back up QB's. Yet we never draft CB's higher than round 3. Well, here's our chance to get a 10 year starter that could make a huge difference. Not only is he already better than our existing CB's, he's bigger, more physical, and returns kicks to boot.

I agree....RGIII will probably go #2 overall behind Luck....and presumably the Rams and Vikings will have traded those picks.

Let's just hope Peyton fully recovers....or it could mean a rebuild without the option of having either Andrew Luck or RGIII.

Castonzo isn't moving from LT, so unless Kalil plans on playing RT or G, it's a superfluous pick. Still, can't have too many good linemen.

True. Besides, Ijalana is going to be better than Linkenbach on the right side, potential wise and how well he handled the left side in the Bucs game when Castanzo went out though he went out a few plays later. Man, it is a miracle Orlovsky avoided Brooks Reed who kept beating Linkenbach almost every other play and still managed to throw passes. Gutsy performance by Orlovsky.

He's projected a late 2nd early third round. Colts take him 3rd someone needs fired. Rg3 according to Mel

Let's just hope Peyton fully recovers....or it could mean a rebuild without the option of having either Andrew Luck or RGIII.

If Peyton fully recovers, a 2nd round QB is more likely, IMO like a Ryan Tannehill kind of project, or even Nick Foles that Jason likes :).

He's projected a late 2nd early third round. Colts take him 3rd someone needs fired. Rg3

Nope, not according to this:

http://www.cbssports...rospectrankings

Morris Claiborne is No.4 on this prospect list.

In fact, a No.3 pick will be a good pick to trade down and get more picks. The Browns would love to get their hands on a WR for sure. So would the Panthers.

Maybe we go Claiborne, Tannehill/Foles, and Dwight Jones in order.

Or trade down in round 1 and get 2 first round picks from Browns and turn them into Alfonso Dennard, CB from Nebraska and Kendall Wright, WR speedster from Baylor. I would be happy with that.

If Peyton fully recovers, a 2nd round QB is more likely, IMO like a Ryan Tannehill kind of project, or even Nick Foles that Jason likes :).

That scenario would be fine with me provided Peyton is 100%.

I like Foles and Tannehill and a 2-3 season transition at 2nd round money is not a bad thing.

Given our history and the fact Reggie is a free agent it wouldn't shock me at all if that's who we take.

If we don't two other names it might be are Morris Claiborne or Quinton Coples. I say that because Polian made a big deal on his show this week about having to get play makers on third down and both of those guys fit that. Claiborne would be my choice becuase I think we are going to keep Mathis and we really really need help with a shut down corner.

There is also the chance we could go QB with Grifften III.

It's too bad that this year there aren't any stud DT's at the top of the draft.

If we trade down to the 10-12 spot we could pick up Dre Kirkpatrick, Brandon Thompson or Devin Still. With that trade we could (according to the value chart, for what ever that is worth) pick up a 2, 3 and 4 (which sounds like a bit much) or a 2 this year and next year or possibley a 1 next year.

Anyways, I don't know a lot about these prospects, but I can see Polian getting a Defensive toy for his new DC.

RG3 is projected round 1 as well. He may have been projected later at the beginning of the year but not now.

I misheard Mel kiper. He said this year is a weak year for qbs. In a normal year he would go late 1st early second. Sorry I messed that up.

Anyways I don't see colts picking him. Hes not the typical colts qb.

If peyton gets hurt and we struggle next year its not like we are completely stuck without a franchise QB. It means we would get one next year in the draft... Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson and Tyler Bray are all very good prospects.

Well yeah, but do you want to go through another season like this one?

Kalil is a better tackle than Castonzo. Put him at tackle and put Castonzo at guard. That would be the best left side since Jones and Hutchinson in 2005.

I think that the Colts would be better served moving Ijalana (sp?) to guard and Castonzo to RT. I agree that Kalil will probably be the better LT.

Ok what happens if something happens with Peyton this offseason or pre and he needs further surgery or it just doesn't heal right. Now we r stuck. We didn't get the franchise qb we could have and r stuck.

Anyone can get hurt. We could draft Luck and he could get hurt the first play of his career. It's football, injuries happen.

Anyone can get hurt. We could draft Luck and he could get hurt the first play of his career. It's football, injuries happen.

Lol ur missing the point. Luck isnt coming of neck surgeries. Luck is a lot younger then Peyton and can move but u manning fans rnt going to listen.