Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dustin's Mock Draft 4.0 (with trade)

Colts send their 1st (29) and 3rd (93) to San Diego for pick 17. 

Round 1 (via San Diego) - Malcom Brown DT, Texas. Colts trade up to grab a big, athletic defensive-lineman who they hope can anchor the NT spot and bring the defense to the next level. Unlike other NT options in the draft, Brown doesn't have to come off of the field.

Round 2 - Eric Rowe, CB, Utah. Rowe is a big, physical corner who projects to safety in the pros. He's a great athlete who offers position flexibility. Can be a starter at safety.

Round 4 - Matt Jones, RB, Florida. Jones is a big, powerful downhill runner with the ability to eventually take over as a 3-down runningback. Jones has one of the best speed score for runningbacks who participated at the combine.

Round 5 - Darren Waller, TE, Georgia Tech. Both Allen and Fleener are free agents after this season. Wouldn't hurt to have a 6'6" guy with 4.4 speed waiting in the wings.

Round 6- Xavier Williams, DT, Northern Iowa. High-motor, pass rushing DT. Development pick who could turn out to be a valuable part of the defense someday.

Round 6 - DeAndre Smelter, WR, Georgia Tech. Another Georgia Tech pass catcher. Smelter is a physical freak in the mold of Demaryius Thomas an Julio Jones. 

Round 7 - Marcus Rush, EDGE, MSU. A physical freak with high-upside as a pass rusher. 

Round 7 - Christion Jones, WR, Alabama. Kick return upside. 

I think we need a little more in the trade to move up. Maybe add in a 4th or 5th. I like the trade Idea though.

If we moved up to 17 to pick a DL, I wouldn't want Brown though. I think he project better as a 4-3 DT. 

Love the Rowe pick.

I think Jones would be available in the 5th, but a decent pick.

I though Waller was a WR, no? Either way I except him to be gone mid to late 4th.

Not bad overall, I like it a lot for the the most part.

no offense but matt jones smelter etc. I don't see any way we improved

Unless we grab a safety in round 1 (Collins or Jones), we're probably not drafting a single starter this year. Use the picks to grab high-upside players at positions that are going to need starters in a year or two. 

Unless we grab a safety in round 1 (Collins or Jones), we're probably not drafting a single starter this year. Use the picks to grab high-upside players at positions that are going to need starters in a year or two.

and that's sad but true that were starting the players we got at some positions :thmdown:

According to the draft value chart, you'd have to trade our second rounder to move up that far. Our third alone would only get us to pick 22-23. I like Brown and Rowe, not the rest. I feel like there will be a better RB than Jones available in the 4th round.

According to the draft value chart, you'd have to trade our second rounder to move up that far. Our third alone would only get us to pick 22-23. I like Brown and Rowe, not the rest. I feel like there will be a better RB than Jones available in the 4th round.

This is basically the same trade San Fran made with Dallas 2 years ago.