Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nick Fairley is probably about to sign with the Rams.

Caldwell must have given Irsay some pretty bad reviews for us to not jump on that. 

So much for the rumor about the ridiculous guaranteed money the Colts were offering.  In the end, dude was lucky to get a contract. 

Yeah, I'm beefing with Grigson now. Knighton for $4m, Fairley for $5m...? And we sign Kendall Langford for four years? I don't get that.

Might not have had a shot at either of them. But I'm irritated. So is Arthur Jones.

Never seen a GM so infatuated with the possibility of getting a 7th round compensation pick that he'd intentionally sign inferior players.

Never seen a GM so infatuated with the possibility of getting a 7th round compensation pick that he'd intentionally sign inferior players.

I don't think that's it. We have no noteworthy departing free agents. Sergio Brown? Gore wipes him out. I don't think Shipley qualifies; he was an RFA. Redding, I guess. 

I can understand not having Fairley or Knighton on the list. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I get it. I'm just saying, how was Langford more desirable?

I don't think that's it. We have no noteworthy departing free agents. Sergio Brown? Gore wipes him out. I don't think Shipley qualifies; he was an RFA. Redding, I guess.

I can understand not having Fairley or Knighton on the list. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I get it. I'm just saying, how was Langford more desirable?

Reggie too. And im willing to bet that's exactly why he was signed.

I don't think that is the motivation. The red flags with Knighton and Fairly must be much larger than we know. 9 million. combined is what they ended up signing for. But at those numbers seems like the risk would be worth it. Im just curious if they turned him down. You have to think they were in talks with both

I wonder if he was against playing in a 3-4. 

I'll grant that could be a possibility with Fairley. As far as I know he only visited the Bengals and Rams, so it could be feasible. Not that you said it, but that is not the case with Knighton. I am not happy that we essentially traded RJF, for a slightly less talented/expensive RJF, when Fairley and Knighton came as cheap as they did.

I swear Grigson tries to be too cute sometimes.

I'll grant that could be a possibility with Fairley. As far as I know he only visited the Bengals and Rams, so it could be feasible. Not that you said it, but that is not the case with Knighton. I am not happy that we essentially traded RJF, for a slightly less talented/expensive RJF, when Fairley and Knighton came as cheap as they did.

With zero insight into negotiations, posts like this make me laugh

I don't think Langford is less talented than RJF. And I don't know that he had anything to do with the potential to get Fairley or Knighton. 

I don't think Langford is less talented than RJF. And I don't know that he had anything to do with the potential to get Fairley or Knighton. 

I don't think he necessarily had anything to do with Fairley or Knighton either, but the fact that he was the go to choice to improve the Dline is what puzzles me. 

Guaranteed, no rational thinking man would turn down more money and a chance at a Super Bowl in favor of the Redskins.

So you know him then? People make all sorts of decisions everyday. There are no guarentees without knowing the parties involved. Saying Grigson likes to get "cute" in negotiations is pure conjecture based on nothing. Why were the redskins the only team to offer him a deal?

Indy just released a guy who refused to stay "at a target weight" ...      so Grigs is expected to go get another who has paid over 300 g in fines for being a fat butt?   Knighton is talented but he is eating his way out of the league.   

i DON'T think Indy had any interest.   

You saying you don't think Knighton would have come to Indy for the same contract or maybe another half million?