Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best/Craziest Off-Season in a long time.

Dustin

Just looking across the different threads, I can't help but read bababooey's posts in Eeyore's voice. Am I the only one experiencing this?

But for real, would anyone rather pay Suh 114 million and 60 guaranteed? Are you really upset that McPhee is getting overpaid by Chicago instead of us? Was he anyone's game changer? Take a deep breath, free agency is just getting started!

(And I'm glad to see that we managed to lock up Butler, that's huge IMO.)

I love the takes on FA from fans as well-

"I love FA, and how all those other teams torpedoed their season signing those elite players to astronomical sums of money! Glad it wasn't us!  We just need to plug a few holes with some solid FA's and draft well.  Hopefully we don't overpay one iota! We might have to but..  FA is still great"

or-

"I love FA, but disappointed that we only inked an on the decline aging vet coming off injuries.  So while everyone else gets better recruiting top FA talent, we get left with the slim pickings of a bag of garbage in front of us, and a big bag of cash in our left hand."

or-

"We should let all the other teams over pay.  We need to draft all youngsters!  Let them all grow together.  Why overpay A+ cash for grade B- players in FA?  That's what I love about FA, watching other teams criplle their lineup by going to cap Hades!"

I love the takes on FA from fans as well-

"I love FA, and how all those other teams torpedoed their season signing those elite players to astronomical sums of money! Glad it wasn't us!  We just need to plug a few holes with some solid FA's and draft well.  Hopefully we don't overpay one iota! We might have to but..  FA is still great"

or-

"I love FA, but disappointed that we only inked an on the decline aging vet coming off injuries.  So while everyone else gets better recruiting top FA talent, we get left with the slim pickings of a bag of garbage in front of us, and a big bag of cash in our left hand."

or-

"We should let all the other teams over pay.  We need to draft all youngsters!  Let them all grow together.  Why overpay A+ cash for grade B- players in FA?  That's what I love about FA, watching other teams criplle their lineup by going to cap Hades!"

lmao

and here we are picking at leftovers before it even starts

There are scarce examples of where teams that went all out on top paid household names in the first day of free agency went on to win the Super Bowl.

It's not about spending all your money on 1 or 2 big names, it's about finding contributors to plug holes, that fit your locker room and schemes well and provide good value

Colts have some spending money so they can still make a splash.. and while I think they overpaid for Cole, it's basically a 1 year deal and they have plenty of cash to spend on a rotational pass rusher rental, and it doesn't strap them long term

There are scarce examples of where teams that went all out on top paid household names in the first day of free agency went on to win the Super Bowl.

It's not about spending all your money on 1 or 2 big names, it's about finding contributors to plug holes, that fit your locker room and schemes well and provide good value

Colts have some spending money so they can still make a splash.. and while I think they overpaid for Cole, it's basically a 1 year deal and they have plenty of cash to spend on a rotational pass rusher rental, and it doesn't strap them long term

Yeah, like when the pats went out and found that "contributor" named Revis