Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Contract for Haloti Ngata...#1 Priority for Colts

Just reading over on the Ravens fan board today, and they aren't optimistic that he will be retained. If he is available, the Colts have to make him priority #1 in my opinion. Already knows the defense, fills a major need, and would also bring leadership.

As far as contract, it is thrown out there that a 10 mil per year deal could land him. 3 years, 30 mil would be fine by me to get someone to finally give us a quality NT and run stuffer.

Just reading over on the Ravens fan board today, and they aren't optimistic that he will be retained. If he is available, the Colts have to make him priority #1 in my opinion. Already knows the defense, fills a major need, and would also bring leadership.

As far as contract, it is thrown out there that a 10 mil per year deal could land him. 3 years, 30 mil would be fine by me to get someone to finally give us a quality NT and run stuffer.

Ya think?!?     You think he might consider 10 Mil a year?      At that price -- no thanks.

I'm not sure a single NT makes that price in this league,  and if one comes close,  that person is much younger than Ngata.

$10 Mil a year and I'd be furious with Grigson.

From all I have read today and tonight, due to the value of the contracts which have been ridiculously high, Baltimore does not think it will retain Ngata or Ladarius Webb, according to LaCanfora at CBS, and he has been very good. Ngata is not willing to restructure his 10M/yr. salary, which also has a 16M cap hit, so the Ravens are in trouble with him. If we sign him, it will probably take 10M/yr. but I am on board with it, for three years. He was excellent last year, and for three years to beef up the defense, while we find someone else to train and learn from him, I don't see a better choice. I guarantee if we don't give it to him, somebody else will. We are his best fit, and the way FA's are coming off the board, so much for the tampering window, I say go ahead.

On another note, I am not one who has been high on Fairley, for many of the facts mentioned here. I have read several articles tonight, and Detroit is going to try and keep him, but I found what the DC for Detroit had to say about him interesting. I know he is not going to speak ill of him, but it did make me less weary. Ngata and Fairley would make our front line so much better.

Now just get me Boling, Rahim Moore, and AJ, and I will be fine and finished with FA.

He could be willing to take a tiny pay cut to be here. He could just be frustrated with the Ravens organization for approaching him about taking less money. If he would come here for around 7 million annually. I'll be thrilled. We could load his contract up with guaranteed money. But until he's released, I am keeping my mouth shut.

I guarantee that once(if) Ngata is released Grigson will have his agent on speed dial

Agreed, he's at least gonna give him a call and find out what kind of contract he's looking for.  

And going to play with Chuck seems to be a pretty big attraction for ex Raven's players.  Must have been well liked by the players.