Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dewey helps at an orphanage

12isthenew18

This means a lot too me that 1. a colt player did this 2. it's the country my father is from and I have family from there. 3. He uses his time to help kids in other countries too

Nicaragua is a nice place to go have been thre many times. Also hope he's with us next year

Having fun wit the kids pic.twitter.com/JLk5ajF1og

— Dewey McDonald (@Dewey_MAC)

March 7, 2015

Always good to see players giving back and not forgetting where they came from.

I don't think Dewey was an orphan.

I like Dewey a lot.  From everything I've heard and read about him he is an intelligent, hard-working, down to earth guy and I think he will be the starting safety in 2015.

That being said, I understand helping the less fortunate... I do through my church every time I am able.  But why celebrate it so much?  Why not celebrate the football player that took his money from football and started a business and helps people better their own lives?  Manning probably employees hundreds in is Papa John's franchiese.  Roger Staubach got into real estate in the offseason when he played and turned it into one of Texas' largest real estate companies and employed hundreds or thousands and then sold it for $600 million.  Ken Dilger started a financial company.  Players like that should be celebrated as much if not more so.

And why not celebrate? He did a good thing. Is it better being negative and waiting for the next NFL player to screw up so we can celebrate then?

You're right, I should have phrased it differently... why is this type of thing the only off the field thing that fans celebrate?

You're right, I should have phrased it differently... why is this type of thing the only off the field thing that fans celebrate?

You're asking for a mindful perspective that isn't common. Most see those that create jobs of employment as greedy self fulfilled businessmen that are doing it for their own pockets. Even though they are honestly a select few who don't throw their money away on drugs and other purposes. The people who focus on charities are seen as more of an icon because they are seen as sonpletely selfless even though some are fueled by the big tax breaks they receive.

It seems like it is too hard for a majority of the populace to think a bit more in depth so they blanket label... whatever floats everyone's boat :-)

I don't think Dewey was an orphan.

I like Dewey a lot.  From everything I've heard and read about him he is an intelligent, hard-working, down to earth guy and I think he will be the starting safety in 2015.

That being said, I understand helping the less fortunate... I do through my church every time I am able.  But why celebrate it so much?  Why not celebrate the football player that took his money from football and started a business and helps people better their own lives?  Manning probably employees hundreds in is Papa John's franchiese.  Roger Staubach got into real estate in the offseason when he played and turned it into one of Texas' largest real estate companies and employed hundreds or thousands and then sold it for $600 million.  Ken Dilger started a financial company.  Players like that should be celebrated as much if not more so.

I never thought he was an orphin and I don't dis agree with you but how many pro athletes do neither?  It's nice to see pro atheletes give back to their communities.  That was the main thing I was trying to say.