Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jason Cole: Colts top suiters for Suh and Hardy. (Merge)

RealityIsLuck

You're the most pessimistic person on this forum. You should go to the bucs forum, they probably have some of the worst in the league.

You must have not come on the forums after any of the losses last year then if you think what MTC was saying is the most pessimistic sentiment ever expressed on these here forums. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Money cool and all, but I'd take championship wins and the money, not just the money

But that's just me

Miami not winning before us imo

Miami not the worst team ever, they just not better than us lol

I get he got bills and family like every other person but making $1 million alone in one is more than 75% of the economy makes in 2yrs let alone making $20million+

Going through a hip hop phase?

If we're smart, we'd move him around like the Texans do Watt.

That's exactly what they should do.  In fact, that should be their selling point to Suh.  If you come to, Indy, you will be our J.J. Watt.  Schematically, we'll do everything we can to feature your talents.  We'll build it around you. 

If you want what Suh brings, the combo of Knighton and Williams at their very best doesn't scratch that itch. It's like signing two good guards when you want a LT.

I know it's comparing apples to oranges. But I'm looking at Suh vs. Knighton and Williams like signing Francois, Landry, Walden back in 2013. Even though you could hedge yourself with more guys, just sign the very best one available that can change overnight what has killed us for the last few years against the one team we need to get past to take the next step.

He wouldn't be the first player to get a huge pay day and then fail to live up to it. Big money free agents that switch teams disappoint more often than not.

This is true.  But also how often do special players hit the market?  Special players set the bar- in play and payroll.  You roll the dice once the new contract is inked.  J.J. Watt turned out great for Texans.  Albert Haynesworth not so much.  If Suh is a special player, somebody will pony up big and hope he stays elite.

This is true.  But also how often do special players hit the market?  Special players set the bar- in play and payroll.  You roll the dice once the new contract is inked.  J.J. Watt turned out great for Texans.  Albert Haynesworth not so much.  If Suh is a special player, somebody will pony up big and hope he stays elite.

It's very rare, which makes it even harder to project their success. The sample size is statistically insignificant.

The only people who actually believed Haynesworth would live up to that contract were the Redskins. And when I say Redskins I mean Daniel Snyder. I fully expect Suh to live up to his potential on the field, it's just a matter if you wanna invest that much in a DT.

We really DON`T have a lot of money.

Luck & Hilton will eat up over half of it so won`t it be saved for them?

Then Allen, Fleener.

My guess a New D-Lineman in FA for over $5M per. And a WR vet that may cost some $$ on what is really a 2 yr deal.

And a bunch of roster filling pieces after that.

Kinda hoping for a Cherilus health cut so a RT maybe also.

Hilton is not going to be eating a lot of money.

If Drew Rosenhaus jacks up the asking price too high, Hilton will be eating some other team's money.

Hilton is not going to be eating a lot of money.

If Drew Rosenhaus jacks up the asking price too high, Hilton will be eating some other team's money.

I feel the same way. Other than Luck, I don't see anyone else demanding huge contracts. Hilton should go for about 5 years, 40 mil. That's pretty fair for a very good #2 WR. Hilton does not have the size or build to be the feature WR week after week. Maybe Moncrief develops into that hopefully.

First, I'll believe it when I see it happen.

Second, I don't care if they are just rumors, it's fun to dream.

Third, if we get Suh and Hardy and there is this big concern about a new scheme for them, why not just switch to a 4-3?  The secondary wouldn't have to change their style of play, just our lbs (and they're not that great anyway).  For those two, I'd consider it.

Fourth, I don't understand the concern about signing another team's FA vs. signing your own.  If the player is worth the money, he's worth the money.  It's not as if Suh and Hardy were scrubs and just had a great last year.

You guys do realize that these "rumors" are only because the Colts have a lot of cap room right? Every time a big FA hits the market you're going to hear some story about how the Colts are favorites to land said player.

Post of the month. Congratulations on your insightful post. Your award is in the mail.

Either way this report tells us that the colts want to sign two quality defensive linemen and that's a good thing. Because getting just one d linemen in free agency won't help! Hardy and suh would be amazing. But I'm seriously hoping the Chiefs let mike devito go if we miss out on suh and hardy. Devito and McPhee or ngata would be a good start

It takes two to tango. 

If Suh wants to go to Miami for the South Beach experience instead if Indianapolis for a ring,

then we can't force him to come here...and without a good mindset we probably would not want him here.

...and we need to watch the length of the contract...Suh turns 29 in June.

It takes two to tango. 

If Suh wants to go to Miami for the South Beach experience instead if Indianapolis for a ring,

then we can't force him to come here...and without a good mindset we probably would not want him here.

...and we need to watch the length of the contract...Suh turns 29 in June.

He does not turn 29 in June. He just turned 28 in January... Where are you getting this?