Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Adams on PFT Live at noon

1959Colts

PFT Live: Mike Adams, Bills/Eagles offseason to-do lists

Safety Mike Adams is set to become a free agent on March 10 and he’ll drop by PFT Live on Thursday to tell us what he’s thinking with the market opening very soon.

It all gets started at noon ET and you can listen to all three hours live via the various NBC Sports Radio affiliates, through the links at PFT, or with the NBC Sports Radio app. You can also watch a simulcast of the first hour of the show by clicking right here.

The only reason he wouldn't return is if the Colts are planning to draft a safety in the first or second round.

Even if that were the case, could we still pay him and let Sergio go? Considering a rookie drafted that early would be cheap, it would still not be a sure thing. We need more than one Safety.

Even if that were the case, could we still pay him and let Sergio go? Considering a rookie drafted that early would be cheap, it would still not be a sure thing. We need more than one Safety.

Sergio was pretty good in coverage last year for the most part.  Why get rid of him?

I wouldn't be surprised if they re-sign both Adams and Sergio, and draft someone or sign a FA. Of course that depends on how much $ Adams and Sergio want. I also wonder if Sergio wants to be a starter somewhere and will look for signing with a team where that is a clearer reality. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they re-sign both Adams and Sergio, and draft someone or sign a FA. Of course that depends on how much $ Adams and Sergio want. I also wonder if Sergio wants to be a starter somewhere and will look for signing with a team where that is a clearer reality. 

Hey may want to explore opportunities in the NFC where he has less chance of being thrown out of the club.

The only reason he wouldn't return is if the Colts are planning to draft a safety in the first or second round.

I could still see bringing him back, nothing says even if we bring in a safety he will be ready to go day 1 ... we could bring back adams and slowly work the new safety in to be ready to carry the load next season. 

Sergio was pretty good in coverage last year for the most part.  Why get rid of him?

The thing that sticks with me about Sergio was his paltry attempts to tackle Gronkowski in the first game. It was pathetic. I want a Safety that set the tone and be a strong tackler. Sergio is not that guy.

I don't think it matters what round we take a safety.

Even if we re-sign Adams,   we still need another starting quality safety.

I'm expecting us to re-sign Adams and Brown.     We may even sign a 3rd FA safety who can step right in and start as Adams did for us last year.

Ya he did. But, Sergio got made to look like a fool. He's not the playmaking safety that we really need. I'm fine with Adams but I'd like to see a young guy brought in that can be a playmaker of the future at the other S spot.

I agree.  I'm not happy with Sergio as a starter, but I would like to see him back on the team as a backup/special teams player

I agree.  I'm not happy with Sergio as a starter, but I would like to see him back on the team as a backup/special teams player

I hope people don't get me wrong, I don't wanna seem like I'm hating on Sergio. I just think we can do better  and need to do better than what Sergio showed this year. He did an admirable job but if we're gonna get past the NE road block we need a safety who can be a difference maker.

I hope people don't get me wrong, I don't wanna seem like I'm hating on Sergio. I just think we can do better  and need to do better than what Sergio showed this year. He did an admirable job but if we're gonna get past the NE road block we need a safety who can be a difference maker.

I agree with you fully.  We need to expect more from our players and while Sergio has been serviceable, we shouldn't rely on him as a starter.  I think he's a good backup though, but I agree with you that we need more talent at safety

Ya he did. But, Sergio got made to look like a fool. He's not the playmaking safety that we really need. I'm fine with Adams but I'd like to see a young guy brought in that can be a playmaker of the future at the other S spot.

What? I didn't see that at all. And the last time we played the Patriots Sergio tossed Gronk to the ground on a tackle like I've never seen another player do.