Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aldon Smith?

We'd be insane not to if we could get him for a 3rd. He's one of the best OLB's in the league. Guaranteed to get double digit sacks. Imagine he and Mathis, with Newsome as the main backup. He knows he cant do anything else stupid, and sometimes it takes certain guys longer to grow up and figure things out. He's still just like 25. I think he'd be fine here, and considering what he can do on the field he's worth the risk.

Considering the amount of success we had with blitzing. ..and seeing how i like what we have in newsome..and with the return of mathis i dont see how OLB is a need right now..not to mention that we would be crowded at the position..i think dline and ILB should be top priority on D..unless they're not confident in mathis' return

Considering the amount of success we had with blitzing. ..and seeing how i like what we have in newsome..and with the return of mathis i dont see how OLB is a need right now..not to mention that we would be crowded at the position..i think dline and ILB should be top priority on D..unless they're not confident in mathis' return

The fact that the colts usually had to blitz to create pressure is a problem. I don't see how a pass rusher isn't a need

Should we trade for Aldon Smith?

Odds of him being traded is 12-1. He's only 25 years old. He does have off the field issues but do you think we could get him for something like a 2016 2nd or 3rd round pick?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2357779-every-nfl-teams-top-trade-commodity-for-2015/page/29

The guy is one mistake away from being suspended for a full year.

And you want to trade FOR him?

Not me.

Also,  SF doesn't want to give-up on the guy.....   OK.....  he's their problem,  not ours.

The guy is one mistake away from being suspended for a full year.

And you want to trade FOR him?

Not me.

Also,  SF doesn't want to give-up on the guy.....   OK.....  he's their problem,  not ours.

This makes too much sense. 

*points at the door* get out!