Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck:3 seasons 3 playoff wins. Manning: 6 seasons 3 playoff wins

CR91

I agree. It's a shame that New England fans need validation from Colts fans. They know they cheated and now they're seeking validation from other fan bases

It's killing them that we are not "bowing down."  Some of the Pats fans who post here are classy guys/gals, others?  Not so much.  

Without emoticons :loco: people here have no way of knowing if you're stone cold serious, or being sarcastic.

Remember, no matter what you're saying, emoticons can be your friend! :thmup:

if you think I am being serious then that's your problem (and I am using your generally here not you per say.). I am not all that worried about it.

I agree.  This thread is really weak.  Why can't people appreciate Peyton and what he did instead of try to bash him by saying Luck is better?

It's not bashing Peyton, IMO!  I for one respect Peyton to the fullest.  Peyton made the Colts who they are today, as a matter of fact.  We have a new stadium, a winning franchise and high expectations due to Peytons progress with the team.  Not making the playoffs is unacceptable.  I take this thread as a praise Luck stand point.  Luck is going into his 4th year and he is every bit as good as the greats in the league now.  Believe it or not, the Colts are merely a few players away from being a dynasty.  Sure, you have to win multiple SB's to be a dynasty, but after Peyton and Brady are gone, who else in the AFC is going to stop Luck and the Colts from being there each year.  Big Ben?  Andy Dalton?  Joe Flacco?  Luck is hands down the face of the NFL after Manning Brady and Brees are gone.  At that time Rodgers will be on his last leg also.

I agree.  This thread is really weak.  Why can't people appreciate Peyton and what he did instead of try to bash him by saying Luck is better?

when all you hear is fire grigs and fire pags, dont you think thats a good stat to help get things in prospective 

im glad someone brought this glaring stat to attention, i think what will matter the most down the stretch in the far future thatll seperate either QB from each other when we look back and say who really was the best colts QB of the two.  not saying andrew luck is already better/going to be better, but so far the pace hes going he is and its looking bright... boy are we lucky

Peyton lost his last Super Bowl where he got blown out 43-8 with the statistically "best" offense in NFL history.

His arch rival just got ring #4 and it was against the very same team he couldn't score more than 8 points against the year before. 

NINE one and dones. I think that says everything. 

He's the Dan Marino of modern day, and he's lucky to have that one ring since Marino never got his (except Marino actually did have some poor defenses, and years where he had no weapons. Manning has been pampered his entire career with top receivers and good running backs)

Not to say he's not a great quarterback, Or he was. Dan Marino had the same problem, he declined too greatly in his last years. 

At least he got his stats though and everyone crap brag about that and remind us over and over how it's the best stats ever in years where he fails to win a SB. 

I am so glad my team got their ring vs him. Say what you want. I don't care. I heard it for 2 weeks straight, 5 years ago how we were going to get blown out and we had no business being there. Then it happened...Tracy Porter. And the Saints will never win another SB, I have come to accept that as a reality, but at least we got our one. We deserved it more, and wanted it more. Much like Seattle did last year vs him. Peyton can have his stats, Seattle and N.O. got their rings in the big one, and Brady has the 4 rings Manning has never been able to get.

The argument of Brady and Manning has ultimately been shattered forever. Brady ended that argument for good a week ago in the SB. 

Peyton lost his last Super Bowl where he got blown out 43-8 with the statistically "best" offense in NFL history.

His arch rival just got ring #4 and it was against the very same team he couldn't score more than 8 points against the year before.

He's the Dan Marino of modern day, and he's lucky to have that one ring since Marino never got his (except Marino actually did have some poor defenses, and years where he had no weapons. Manning has been pampered his entire career with top receivers and good running backs)

Not to say he's not a great quarterback, Or he was. Dan Marino had the same problem, he declined too greatly in his last years.

At least he got his stats though and everyone crap brag about that and remind us over and over how it's the best stats ever in years where he fails to win a SB.

I am so glad my team got their ring vs him. Say what you want. I don't care. I heard it for 2 weeks straight, 5 years ago how we were going to get blown out and we had no business being there. Then it happened...Tracy Porter. And the Saints will never win another SB, I have come to accept that as a reality, but at least we got our one. We deserved it more, and wanted it more. Much like Seattle did last year vs him. Peyton can have his stats, Seattle and N.O. got their rings in the big one, and Brady has the 4 rings Manning has never been able to get.

The argument of Brady and Manning has ultimately been shattered forever. Brady ended that argument for good a week ago in the SB.

And Brees Was Never In The Convo

even though your branching off topic, i hate to logically agree that the brady manning argument was shattered. i hate to say it but its the reality. not only because of the fact that its 4 rings vs 1, because i thing superbowls are a TEAM effort. but to add onto the playoff performances of both, they both were in the last 2 superbowls against the same team with almost the same roster. Brady got it done, Peyton didnt. (this recent sb matchup comparison alone is enough to kill it with today's sports media)

I bolded that because thats the way it is in the "books" when future generations look back.  But me personally, it wasnt really a parallel game at all.  Peyton's oline performance, to this day, I feel was the really glaring reason the broncos lost that superbowl.  the offense couldnt get anything going on because they had no time too. rushed duck throws, stupid dumpoffs into tight coverage, no run game.  when they did have time to throw, the seahawks D played amazing coverage and peyton never had anyone to go to.  Doesn't help the defense was a no show either... On the contrary, Brady's defense outplayed the best defense this year.  His 2-4 yard dump offs that heavily relied on YAC potential were nothing impressive, but it worked.

I agree.   And now we have Bogie chiming in with his one millionth slam against Peyton.

Like it's a personal feather in his cap.

DISGUISE+AND+GALS+14.png

My biggest issue with saying Brady and Manning played the same team is that the Seattle team this year wasn't as good as last years due to injuries. I would imagine that an injured triceps? to Sherman, a separated shoulder for Thomas and a torn MCL for Chancellor severely hampered what their impact may have been otherwise. In addition, the Patriots were very close to, and probably should've, lost the Superbowl yet again. If the Seahawks OC makes a better call or if Wilson had lived to fight for another down then the Seahawks very likely would have been back-to-back champions and would have knocked Brady to 0-3 in the last decade and .500 overall. I will continue to fail to understand why all this praise is heaped upon Brady when in the final seconds, Butler is the only reason Brady added another ring to his collection.

Colts three playoff wins in three years with Luck Colts three playoff wins in six years with Manning.

Yet all the coaches and front office people over the past three years need to be fired...

Actually, you guys need to re-check your facts. In six seasons, Manning had two playoff wins, not three.

Another fan of another. Always looking at stats and not the games. They want to always talk the one and dones and probably didn't see half of the games. Not saying Peyton played his best in all but he did make plays that should have won if not for poor defenses and special teams play.

Another fan of another. Always looking at stats and not the games. They want to always talk the one and dones and probably didn't see half of the games. Not saying Peyton played his best in all but he did make plays that should have won if not for poor defenses and special teams play.

Colts offensive production in playoff losses with Manning:

1999 v. Titans: 16 points

2000 v. Dolphins: 17 points

2002 v. Jets: 0 points

2003 v. Patriots: 14 points

2004 v. Patriots: 3 points

2005 v. Steelers: 18 points

2007 v. Chargers: 24 points

2008 v. Chargers: 17 points

2009 v. Saints: 17 points

2010 v. Jets: 16 points

More often than not, when the Colts lost in the playoffs, the offense struggled. I loved Peyton as Colts QB as much as any fan, but let's not bury our heads in the sand.

All this stat proves is that Peyton had to carry the Colts to the playoffs, and that once there, his team mates weren't up to it. Without Peyton, none of them make a playoff game

He obviously didn't show up the way guys like Brady, Eli, and Flacco do. That being said, he can't kick the field goals against Miami or Pittsburgh himself like Vanderjagt did and missed, he can't throw the ball to himself and catch it on third down to ice the game vs San diego instead of clark dropping it, he can't play defense and give up half the field and a winning field goal in the last 30 seconds to the Jets after he took his team down on a go ahead drive at the end of the fourth like his D did during his last colt game, he can't be the one to stop the Hail Mary being completed w 30 seconds left in the game against the Ravens like champ bailey did.

Brady is great but can't deny how truly lucky he is. Coaching aside, Peyton could never luck out with things like tuck rule, Lee Evans not holding onto a ball, his kicker making clutch field goals like AV did for NE, his opponents kicker shanking them like cundiff, his opponent calling the worst play call in history on the goal line or that same opponent being so decimated compared to the year earlier that you can complete roughly the same amount of passes (35+) and get no YAC vs Brady's guys torching them. If Tyree or Manningham catches happen vs Peyton then that's another thing Peyton bashers would cling to and say is his fault but it's defense and the luckiest plays in SB history that gives Eli more rings than Peyton. The luckiest part of Peyton's playoff career= pats breaking the huddle with 12 men in 2006. Brady would have gotten the 4th a loooong time ago. Lot of heartbreak with Peyton in the playoffs but love the guy and everything he's done for the city, team, and sport.

Most of those were also against top rated defenses. As the saying goes defenses win championships and the one time our defense played close to those teams the colts did win it all. You can't expect to put up the same numbers in the regular season as in playoffs. I also said Peyton didn't always play his best but did enough in some if had the help some of those teams had.