Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: D'Qwell Jackson arrested

Exodus

he played well enough to make the pro bowl as an alternate.  id say he was "good enough" for the season except for the NE game when no defender played "well enough".

he was actually the only defender to make a big play in that game as well. 

IMHO, he played average or slightly above average.  Colt's LB's suffered in coverage all year, particularly against TE's!  However, I think DQ was the best coverage guy we had.  That's not saying much, though...  I think we need a re vamped LB corp.  I love Jerrell and think he is an asset.  He is our best tackling LB.  It's nice that DQ is decent in coverage, and Freeman is a good tackler, and that they compliment each other, but each of them definitely lack skills in other areas. 

I think we should resign Freeman, cut DQ (if this incident would void his contract) and draft or sign some new BIG LB's.  Or if we don't resign Freeman, we will definitely need to replace him.  Walden is a disappointment, and so is Werner (that's being nice), but if we want a shot at winning the SB next season those LB's better get their act straight. 

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People getting on Pagano need to give some of the blame to Grigson as well as he is the one bringing in these people.

A lot of Dungy's good character personality can be attributed to Polian as well for not bringing in some of these guys.  I really doubt that Polian and Dungy would have brought in guys like Rogers and Carter 

I think this regime just values talent more than character or they feel the reward is higher than the risk.

Ultimately, this all falls on the players.  My work does not need to tell me they frown on things like rape and punching people in the face over a parking spot.  These guys are grown men and know the rules of society and the league.  They just choose to break them and should be punished accordingly.  

People getting on Pagano need to give some of the blame to Grigson as well as he is the one bringing in these people.

A lot of Dungy's good character personality can be attributed to Polian as well for not bringing in some of these guys.  I really doubt that Polian and Dungy would have brought in guys like Rogers and Carter 

I think this regime just values talent more than character or they feel the reward is higher than the risk.

Ultimately, this all falls on the players.  My work does not need to tell me they frown on things like rape and punching people in the face over a parking spot.  These guys are grown men and know the rules of society and the league.  They just choose to break them and should be punished accordingly.

The Colts need to distance themselves from antything Browns related.

This is geeting to be a joke and a bad one at that with these ongoing off-field incidents.I It goes to show anything can happen anywhere based on how one conducts themeselves overall staring from ownership on down. What is the point of having particular staff in the organziation reviewing  and screening "charcarter" if they continue to miss out? It's not a Colts issue, it's just the way it is across society by having a total berakdown in respect.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, February 6, 2015 - religious
Hidden by Nadine, February 6, 2015 - religious

Not to start a religon debate or anything, but God says you should NOT eat PORK, which is bacon :thmup:

yeah, that's like saying "No offense, but you look terrible."  Just because you said "no offense" doesn't mean the next words out of your mouth weren't offensive.  Just like you did here...."not to start a religon (sic) debate"...and then you start a religious debate.  Good call. :thmup:

yeah, that's like saying "No offense, but you look terrible."  Just because you said "no offense" doesn't mean the next words out of your mouth weren't offensive.  Just like you did here...."not to start a religon (sic) debate"...and then you start a religious debate.  Good call. :thmup:

LOL I definitely get what you're saying there, but it's not a debate if it's true!  I'm not starting anything, but was just responding to a poster, with a factual statement!  How can you argue a FACT?  If it were an opinion then I would say you have a point!  IDK if they're rules restricting conversations about religion posted on this forum, but it's not something I feel like I should have to explain anyway.  If you don't believe me, it's not my problem.   Read The Bible if you care to know the truth, don't just take my word for it.  Thumbs Up :thmup:

LOL I definitely get what you're saying there, but it's not a debate if it's true!  I'm not starting anything, but was just responding to a poster, with a factual statement!  How can you argue a FACT?  If it were an opinion then I would say you have a point!  IDK if they're rules restricting conversations about religion posted on this forum, but it's not something I feel like I should have to explain anyway.  If you don't believe me, it's not my problem.   Read The Bible if you care to know the truth, don't just take my word for it.  Thumbs Up :thmup:

It's still a debate, but not one for this site.  Religious and Political discussions are against the terms of service.  It was also completely out of place for this discussion.  Do you walk through Denny's telling everyone with bacon, ham or sausage on their plate that they shouldn't be eating it? 

To my knowledge this is the first time Jackson has ever had any sort of issue in the almost 10 years he’s been in the league. 

Yeah. Jackson actually has a history of being a pretty good dude. Very community oriented and such. 

Still not a good situation. At this rate we're going to have to hold training camp at the Marion county jail....

Don't think Waldens been arrested either . :funny: Will we sign Suh to compliment our linebackers ?   :lol: After all he could teach them a thing or 2 even if he is from the DL.

The thing about Suh from everything I've read is he is a dirty player ON the field but a really soft spoken well mannered guy off the field. He even volunteers etc. If it wasn't for some of that stupid stuff he's done he would be a standout player to sign.

The thing about Suh from everything I've read is he is a dirty player ON the field but a really soft spoken well mannered guy off the field. He even volunteers etc. If it wasn't for some of that stupid stuff he's done he would be a standout player to sign.

This stuff has to stop. This guy isn't going anywhere for under 9 figures. It would be nice, but it's just not gonna happen. He said he's letting his agent handle where he goes, and his agent is going to ink with the highest bidder, and nothing else. 

This stuff has to stop. This guy isn't going anywhere for under 9 figures. It would be nice, but it's just not gonna happen. He said he's letting his agent handle where he goes, and his agent is going to ink with the highest bidder, and nothing else.

yeah I'd love to have Suh but we can't pay him what he will get lol

Just saying we could use a player of his caliber and I'm all for seeing what it would take. Full well expect him to sign out of our price range but there is no reason we can't set up contracts like Denver has so that a couple big names can't sign with us and we still afford to sign our own guys....other guys contracts will be coming off the books as well down the line not just those that we need to re-sign. There are few players of that caliber that ever make it to FA. Most teams lock guys like that up long term...and they would if they could afford to do it. Contracts like Mathis and others will be off the books in a year or two anyways so money can always be moved around to make us better.

I just have a hard time seeing how fans want to jettison a guy for punching a pizza man.  There was a time when football players were thought to be a bit edgy and got into scuffles as a normal occurance.  Nowdays, It seems like every little dust up has to have some official legal ruling as an assault or something else.  The pizza guy probably would have just called it a scuffle and went on his way but probably thinks he can get a cash settlement out of pressing charges, so it becomes a bigger deal than what it really was.

Big deal.  This is a non story.

2 of those things are in a completely separate category than the other ... and we don't even know if McNary is guilty yet.

Yes, Jackson and other players sometimes make bad decisions, but you don't know what the pizza guy did to instigate it. I think there is a significant number of "regular guys" who would "pop" the pizza delivery guy if he stole your your spot (esp if it was an assigned spot) in an "obnoxious" way and than got your face and ran his mouth when told to move ... I don't know that this is what happened, but I would bet it played out something like that, and that Jackson didn't just decide to hit the pizza guy for taking a random spot and politely saying he would be right back to move as he dropped off the pizza. 

Misdemeanor assault and smoking weed even though bad decisions for many professions including the NFL, just aren't really that big of deal in the grand scheme of things ... unless it costs them significant playing time who cares. The squeaky clean image that Dungy's team had meant nothing to me; it was not something I took great pride in or was brag worthy sportswise. 

As long as we aren't viewed as the dirtiest, most convict ridden team in the league, I am perfectly happy falling somewhere in the middle of the pack as far "squeaky clean" images and player arrests go.

It doesn't matter, you can't read about things like this and feel good about it. It hurts this team's image, and it's annoying. 

It doesn't matter, you can't read about things like this and feel good about it. It hurts this team's image, and it's annoying. 

It doesn't make me feel good or bad.  Its's a trivial snippet of sports news that happens to be about a Colt.  I find the actual event and story less annoying than Colt's fans who are blowing it way out of proportion. It only hurts the team's image to a minority of Colts fans who for some reason still derive some sort of pride from the "Dungy squeaky clean team" philosophy nonsense. The majority of NFL fans could care less and will forget about it as the media increases combine and draft hype/coverage. 

"Move along folks, nothing to see here except a smart mouthed pizza delivery guy that should have moved his car"

Beautifully scribed sir. Very well done. Classic.

How cool would it be if we could have an Annual Forum Awards Ceremony, with perhaps 3/4 four categories? Funniest Post, Best Put Down (as long it was a friendly one), Best Colts Football related Post, and best General Football related Post.

Either add a nomination button (with a maximum set for each poster), or just set a benchmark for the number of likes required to qualify for a nomination, then use voting buttons to find the winners for each category! Come on Mods.....!

Or rather than an run it as an annual competition, perhaps just run it as an 'off-season' competition, from February to August, (inclusive) while there is less real football to discuss? Well, apart from Vance and Quizboy, they could enter from January to August, inclusive....

Actually we did that a few years back- two years in a row. Then someone cheated stuffing the ballot box with other accounts. No it wasn't a Pats fan it was a colts :)

I did win one award however;)

Beautifully scribed sir. Very well done. Classic.

How cool would it be if we could have an Annual Forum Awards Ceremony, with perhaps 3/4 four categories? Funniest Post, Best Put Down (as long it was a friendly one), Best Colts Football related Post, and best General Football related Post.

Either add a nomination button (with a maximum set for each poster), or just set a benchmark for the number of likes required to qualify for a nomination, then use voting buttons to find the winners for each category! Come on Mods.....!

Or rather than an run it as an annual competition, perhaps just run it as an 'off-season' competition, from February to August, (inclusive) while there is less real football to discuss? Well, apart from Vance and Quizboy, they could enter from January to August, inclusive....

I actually wish there were  buttons for that.

We have the like button and 'most liked content' but no control over 'is it this week, this month, this season or since the beginning of time?

I have no idea what goes into that view but, I hope with the new release of ipboard (in a couple of months they say), that something like this is included

I just have a hard time seeing how fans want to jettison a guy for punching a pizza man.  There was a time when football players were thought to be a bit edgy and got into scuffles as a normal occurance.  Nowdays, It seems like every little dust up has to have some official legal ruling as an assault or something else.  The pizza guy probably would have just called it a scuffle and went on his way but probably thinks he can get a cash settlement out of pressing charges, so it becomes a bigger deal than what it really was.

Big deal.  This is a non story.

I'm not saying we should immediately cut DQ for this incident, but from this post it seems as if you're almost condoning what he did because he's a football player.  Sure, football players should be edgy or whatever ON THE FIELD, but OFF the field they should behave as the rest of civilized society, and that does not include getting into a physical altercation with someone over a parking spot, regardless of how much of a jerk that guy was being. 

I actually wish there were  buttons for that.

We have the like button and 'most liked content' but no control over 'is it this week, this month, this season or since the beginning of time?

I have no idea what goes into that view but, I hope with the new release of ipboard (in a couple of months they say), that something like this is included

The way we did it on one of the older forums was by thread topics and people replied to each topic (best poster etc). Someone (forget who) then gathered all the information. Of course who voted for who was open but it did work.

Our afternoon personality on our AM CBS Sports station interviewed the pizza guy.  It was pretty incredible what he said happened.  Shocking that someone would behave that way.

From the things I've read about the radio interview his story differs from what he told the police on the night of the incident.  And he refused medical treatment.  Sounds more made up then a serious story.

From the things I've read about the radio interview his story differs from what he told the police on the night of the incident.  And he refused medical treatment.  Sounds more made up then a serious story.

I wonder. I haven't asked Kent about what he thought but I plan to!

It doesn't make me feel good or bad.  Its's a trivial snippet of sports news that happens to be about a Colt.  I find the actual event and story less annoying than Colt's fans who are blowing it way out of proportion. It only hurts the team's image to a minority of Colts fans who for some reason still derive some sort of pride from the "Dungy squeaky clean team" philosophy nonsense. The majority of NFL fans could care less and will forget about it as the media increases combine and draft hype/coverage. 

"Move along folks, nothing to see here except a smart mouthed pizza delivery guy that should have moved his car"

It does hurt this team's image, whether it's this or McNary or Landry's PEDs, etc. It's not a matter of being a "Dungy squeaky clean team", it's a matter of being an undisciplined team that people laugh at because the players are making the news for stupid things like this.

I'm not saying we should immediately cut DQ for this incident, but from this post it seems as if you're almost condoning what he did because he's a football player.  Sure, football players should be edgy or whatever ON THE FIELD, but OFF the field they should behave as the rest of civilized society, and that does not include getting into a physical altercation with someone over a parking spot, regardless of how much of a jerk that guy was being.

I cannot ever condone it, but I do accept minor physical altercations as a reality of life. Some people have a temper, some don't.

The legal system handles those people better than employers do...by a wide margin.

I cannot ever condone it, but I do accept minor physical altercations as a reality of life. Some people have a temper, some don't.

The legal system handles those people better than employers do...by a wide margin.

lol...not really...but this isn't a site for a discussion on the effectiveness of our legal system. :)

If this pizza guy is legit, the behavior of DJ is unacceptable.  That's using your status as an excuse to be a bully and an a**.  Unacceptable.

And some people don't mind letting other people walk over them and some people do something about.

In the situation we really don't know if DQ was the instigator of if he just had enough.

Kent?  Keep in mind, I don't live in Indy.

I did talk to him about the interview.  Kent and his producer Nick said the guy was really nice but couldn't speak at all to his credibility.  They did say once they started talking about what happened the guy got really fired up and it was a pretty funny interview but they said the guy just couldn't believe what had happened.  I guess it made for some good radio!

And some people don't mind letting other people walk over them and some people do something about.

In the situation we really don't know if DQ was the instigator of if he just had enough.

I honestly have to say...I'm not following anybody's response to my statement.