Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Russell is a Game Manager

AndreRison

Why are you guys continually obsessed with having the best quarterback? I swear, some of you would rather just have the consensus best quarterback than having the best team. Here we are 15 years later, and you still get your panties in a bunch anytime someone has the audacity to give kudos to someone other than 'your' guy.

Peyton or Brady? Wilson or Luck? It must be freaking exhausting having to continually worry about whether or not you have the best quarterback.

Like Patriot fans are not obsessed with Brady? :pkb:

I think Lynch is under contract for this year so he won't be going anywhere. After next year they may let him go since he'll most likely begin to decline but the only way he is not a Seahawk next year is if they cut him which seems highly unlikely given their interest in a contract extension.

Looks life you're right. I was on the understanding it expired this year. If I were him I'd take the payment this year, getting $8.5M, and not extend.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/marshawn-lynch/

Why are you guys continually obsessed with having the best quarterback? I swear, some of you would rather just have the consensus best quarterback than having the best team. Here we are 15 years later, and you still get your panties in a bunch anytime someone has the audacity to give kudos to someone other than 'your' guy.

Peyton or Brady? Wilson or Luck? It must be freaking exhausting having to continually worry about whether or not you have the best quarterback.

Well, when your franchise refuses to put a good defense and or running game behind your star QB, you really don't have anything else. It's just something all Colts fans learned in the Manning era, and it fits in all too well with the Luck era.

Looks life you're right. I was on the understanding it expired this year. If I were him I'd take the payment this year, getting $8.5M, and not extend.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/marshawn-lynch/

If I were him then I'd sign on the line already. Ten million dollars and playing on a team that will be in the hunt for a championship seems like a win-win. The other concern would be that if you wait and suffer an injury or have a decline in play then you end up like Maurice Jones-Drew, in that you'll sign a small contract with a team whose biggest possible goal is winning 6 games.

If I were him then I'd sign on the line already. Ten million dollars and playing on a team that will be in the hunt for a championship seems like a win-win. The other concern would be that if you wait and suffer an injury or have a decline in play then you end up like Maurice Jones-Drew, in that you'll sign a small contract with a team whose biggest possible goal is winning 6 games.

I think it's pretty obvious he doesn't want to play with them anymore. Jay depends on what's more important, passing in a place he wants to or anther championship, he'll get his money anywhere.

Well, when your franchise refuses to put a good defense and or running game behind your star QB, you really don't have anything else. It's just something all Colts fans learned in the Manning era, and it fits in all too well with the Luck era.

You can't have it both ways though, in order to build up a great defense you need to balance out the cap between both sides of the ball, which means your star quarterback won't have as many crazy weapons.

Would you as a fan be OK with the offense losing some firepower in favor of a stronger defense, which means less gawdy numbers statistically speaking? It's a serious question because people love to throw stats around as a measurement of a QB, but those stats also have to do with the talent around the qb

You can't have it both ways though, in order to build up a great defense you need to balance out the cap between both sides of the ball, which means your star quarterback won't have as many crazy weapons.

Would you as a fan be OK with the offense losing some firepower in favor of a stronger defense, which means less gawdy numbers statistically speaking? It's a serious question because people love to throw stats around as a measurement of a QB, but those stats also have to do with the talent around the qb

If it means winning, then yes.

If it means winning, then yes.

Yea, what he said.

LOL- no way is Wilson a game manager. I don't care about stats. He's smart and his over the top passes aren't too shabby.

Look, I saw all of RW's home games at Camp Randall in Madison, WI as a Badger. RW is extremely accurate on almost everything he does: long passes, short passes, throws to the RB, manipulating the secondary with his eyes/head movement, scrambling on the run, sliding with his feet/sidearm throws that he learned playing baseball, & being a leader meaning taking the blame for game losses that really weren't his fault. Plus, he's away complementary of his teammates & coaching staff when they win spreading the wealth around. 

Richard Sherman highlighted his #1 asset the best when he said this of Wilson: "He is so elusive that you will loose track of him & then all of a sudden the ball comes flying out past a wall of bodies to a WR or TE for a big completion." RW is not elite right now, but he's darn good. I'd say give him about 1 more year & another SB appearance minimum & I will cam him elite. 

JJ is exactly right. He's no game manager. As much as I didn't like GB failing to recover than onside kick in the Championship Game, RW made the plays necessary in OT to get the Seahawks to the SB. I won't deny that. He deserves credit for that. RW is right on the brink of being considered elite in my eyes. 1 more successful post season SB run will do it: Elevate RW to that exclusive club of NFL QBs I mean. 

Chad Pennington was a game manager, Brad Johnson was a game manager, RW is a legitimate QB who can do whatever it takes to win a football game. 

Wilson is a likable guy

Yes, he is IWF. He says the right things, he does the right things, & he understands that he must earn everything in the NFL. Nothing is surrendered willingly in this league with no resistance. 

Plus, he doesn't dwell on losses for more than 24-48 hours & he knows how to hit the reset button & reboot for the next challenge before him. An admirable character trait. 

Oh good god....yeah, it's not like there haven't been various patriots fans that come on this forum to argue endlessly about Tom Brady. I realize patriots fans love to act as though they only care about wins, but you guys sure love to talk about the greatness of BB and Brady. ......constantly. Hell, didn't the fans at Gillette chant "Brady's better" when facing the broncos this year?

Hey, next you can complain about a colts forum being biased towards the colts......

Oh good god....yeah, it's not like there haven't been various patriots fans that come on this forum to argue endlessly about Tom Brady. I realize patriots fans love to act as though they only care about wins, but you guys sure love to talk about the greatness of BB and Brady. ......constantly. Hell, didn't the fans at Gillette chant "Brady's better" when facing the broncos this year?

Hey, next you can complain about a colts forum being biased towards the colts......

hey guys, you all sound ridiculous arguing about luck and wilson. Just kidding, but seriously, Brady is better than manning.

Wilson is a likable guy

Wilson is indeed, I think it's just many fans that turn others fans to wish for failure against some good players with good personalities.  I'm sure many people dislike Andrew Luck for the sheer fact that he's hyped up by us fans "including myself lol," columnist, and analyst alike.  IMO Wilson is one of the only things that I do actually like about the Seahawks, this has to be giving him nightmares still though.