Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aaron Rodgers MVP

RockThatBlue

Sorry, but I just don't see how Watt doesn't win it.  Sure, he was on a team that didn't make any noise,

but what player has done what he did on BOTH SIDES of the ball?

"MVP to the league or team" argument?  How is he not both?

Love me some Rodgers - sure fire class guy (and makes GREAT commercials, lol), but this year was Watt hands down,

in my opinion.  Feel free to flame away...

Sick of the selective stats concerning Aaron Rodgers...no picks at home I get it but 2 of the last 3 road games he had 2 picks each and a fumble in the clutch. The other road game was Tampa Bay. And so many breaks that people would never let go if it were Manning or Brady, not just The Reversal. The Jets had them til that debacle on the sidelines happened, and he tried to fumble away the Dolphins game but his OL fell on it.

Who else got votes?

Sorry, but I just don't see how Watt doesn't win it.  Sure, he was on a team that didn't make any noise,

It totally helps when you actually make the playoffs. 

Sorry, but I just don't see how Watt doesn't win it. Sure, he was on a team that didn't make any noise,

"MVP to the league or team" argument? How is he not both?

Love me some Rodgers - sure fire class guy (and makes GREAT commercials, lol), but this year was Watt hands down,

in my opinion. Feel free to flame away...

Eh, defense usually doesn't win MVP. MVP is always gonna go to a RB or QB for the most part.

And then you just can't ignore the greatness that is Aaron Rodgers

Eh, defense usually doesn't win MVP. MVP is always gonna go to a RB or QB for the most part.

And then you just can't ignore the greatness that is Aaron Rodgers

Agree on the greatness of Rodgers.  It's just that I don't remember ever seeing any player be as much of a

factor on both sides of the ball.  He scored 32 points.  If his stats aren't good enough to win it then there's

probably no hope.  LT & Alan Page will probably be the only two.  *sigh*

in my opinion.  Feel free to flame away...

consider what Houston would be without JJ compared to what GB was (in 2013) without Rodgers

Come on...Rodgers was pretty good on the road, too...

Packers are a 4-12 team without Aaron Rodgers

He's one of the best, but all I hear about is his 'home' record. He had a few poor games I thought, missed some (or did I dream that), and had a good cast. JJ had 16 great games, and it was NOT his fault his offense wasn't good enough to get them to the play-offs, which in some way, is the most ridiculous qualifier for individual greatness I've ever heard.

I appreciate it's all a matter of taste!

I thought Rodgers won the award right around week 3 or 4.

The Packers had started 0-2 or 1-2 and Packers-nation was having meltdown.

On his radio show Rodgers uttered his now famous "R-e-l-a-x".

With that,  Aaron Rodgers assumed complete responsibility for the Packers regular season.

He told everyone listening that there was no need to worry.   That he had this.   That he was in control.   That things would work out.    He was not only speaking to the fans,  but to players and coaches.   

That's what a great leader does.

And what happened?    The Packers went on a hot streak and played well and won their division.

Great player.   The honor was well deserved,  though, if Watt had won,  I wouldn't have complained.   The guy is just on another level from everyone else....

It totally helps when you actually make the playoffs. 

IMO that shouldn't even really matter. JJ Watt is the MVP player on his team. What in the world does a defensive player have to do to win this award? Cure cancer, end hunger, & still lead the league in sacks in consecutive seasons? Plus, JJ scored TDs on offense. Can Aaron Rogers play LB & QB at the same time? No, but JJ can be a premier pass rusher with double teams constantly & still play a success TE at the same time. 

The voters failed miserably here. They are so wrong it's laughable. Ask Lawrence Taylor I'll bet you he will say that JJ Watt is special & not too many football players can dominate & make their presence felt on both sides of the ball. 

He's one of the best, but all I hear about is his 'home' record. He had a few poor games I thought, missed some (or did I dream that), and had a good cast. JJ had 16 great games, and it was NOT his fault his offense wasn't good enough to get them to the play-offs, which in some way, is the most ridiculous qualifier for individual greatness I've ever heard.

I appreciate it's all a matter of taste!

I've heard about Rodgers poor games but I dont remember them