Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL zeroed in on locker room attendant

AndreRison

That's a good question too! 

The CCTV system in London is unreal, probably the most extensive in the world. I read somewhere that the average Brit is on camera upwards of 300 times a day if they live or work in the city. That's amazing. 

Off topic, but made me think of the Parks & Rec this week.  Funniest show about massive data mining of the public for profit while also ringing very true

We live in a very creepy time

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There really must be something in the air in Baawston. BB is insane still saying they were innocent is spygate. " Something everybody did and in front of 70,000 people" is what he says about that. Then the billionaire with the crooked teeth comes on and says he's awaiting an apology for his crooked coach and lying QB. Then you guys come on and bring up a Marvin Harrison thing and compare it to the NE franchise cheating. Incredible.. What does what Colt fans think of what Harrison's involvement was in that shooting have to do with your team breaking the rules ? Are you people insane ? For the record I knew MH personally as he was a teammate of a relative I had that went to Syracuse. He's a total oddball and God only knows if he was involved. What that has to do with the Pats circumventing NFL rules totally escapes and baffles me. Who gives a flying crap about what this board thinks about his involvement ?  Even if he's guilty , it's one less than the NE TE that looks to have knocked off at least 2 people and only an * would blame he franchise for that * being a serial killer.

*sigh...

Honest question here....are you guys intentionally just ignoring the point, or can you guys not read?

FOR THE LAST TIME, I AM NOT COMPARING MARVIN HARRISON'S INVOLVEMENT IN MULTIPLE SHOOTINGS TO THE PATRIOTS BREAKING THE RULES. I AM IN NO WAY COMPARING THE TWO ACTIONS. I AM ONLY COMPARING THE WAY EACH OF OUR FAN BASES REACTED TO A SITUATION THAT HAD DAMNING SPECULATION BUT LACKED PROOF.

That's all I'm going to say about it, because as Corgi so nicely put it, I'm just repeating myself now...and we all know there's definitely been NONE of that from your side in this thread...

:topic:   Back to the topic at hand,   does anyone know if the Locker Room attendant is an employee of the Patriots, or is/was he an NFL employee...???   This is something I have been wondering about.   If he's an NFL employee then I guess it makes sense that he would have possession of both the Pats and Colts footballs.    If he's a Pats employee, why did he have the Colts footballs too...???

If he was a Patriot employee, the stupidity of the NFL amazes me.  They guard those footballs as if they were the Hope diamond only to turn those footballs over to one from whom they were guarding the footballs.  As, if that isn’t bad enough; they also give the footballs of the visiting team to the home team.  Doesn't make sense to me.

Just curious if anyone knows the answer to this?

Sir, for the use of the word 'chicanery' I will honourably pardon you for being a fan of that cheating bunch of reprobates.

However, if you beat the Seahawks, I withold the right to rescind that pardon.

It does not surprise me that a man of your intelligence and wit would share an appreciation for the term "chicanery." 

I am honored and understand the conditional nature of the pardon.  :thmup:

Here's is an official that Refereed (Jim Daopoulos) a dozen or so games in Foxboro, and describes the layout, separation, security, and protocol of what they do to the game footballs balls at Gillette.  This is an A/V clip from ESPN-

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:12232539

The same official is reported as saying this-

So the competition committee said, ‘We’re going to let the quarterbacks determine which footballs they want, practice with them all week, do what you want with them, as long as the football is not overly scuffed up. Then submit that ball to the officials, and the officials can tell if they’d want to use it for a game, and then they’ll stick a gauge into it and check the weight. Once they do that, that ball has met the requirements, and they put them in a bag, and they stay in that room with them, that locker room, until they leave to go to the field about 10 minutes before kickoff.

“So there’s a 10-minute window where they hand those footballs off to the ballboys, and the ballboys then walk out with the officials and bring them out on the field. So that’s where the confusion is. Where did any of this occur? I can tell you Walt Anderson, probably more than any other referee, is a by-the-rules stickler. I’m sure that the footballs that came in from the Patriots equipment man were right at 12.5 pounds, and the officials are not going to adjust the footballs as long as it’s 12.5.

Q: So the teams don’t warm up with the game balls?

JD: "No, they don’t have the footballs. The footballs go out about 10 minutes before the game."

Q: Any chance Walt Anderson didn’t stick a pressure gauge in each of the 24 or 36 footballs? Maybe he just did the squeeze test?

JD: “They have a gauge and they have to check every football. It’s usually given to the youngest or newest member of the crew — it’s almost like a rite of passage into the NFL. During the playoffs, it’s usually an alternate official, so it’s a veteran official that does it. I would not even question whether they did or not. It’s just something you do, like putting your pants on or getting ready for the game.”

This supposedly happens every pre-season, regular season, and post season game.  Every one.  If someone is gonna cut corners and do the squeeze test, it would likely be a pre-season game, not an AFC championship game.

And this was from Pro Football Talk on Jan. 21, 2015-

"First, per a league source, the NFL has reviewed the entire process and determined that the balls were properly checked by the officials before the game.  Which means that, when the balls left the possession of the referee, the pressure was at least 12.5 PSI and no more than 13.5 PSI."

The rest I await the Wells investigation.

Yes I had seen this... my only reservation is again that "per a league source" line. I had heard about Anderson's meticulousness and how the process works on paper. It's a 99% thing for me, but... when it's your team you want to hold out for that last 1% just in case.  ;)

Thanks though. 

Off topic, but made me think of the Parks & Rec this week.  Funniest show about massive data mining of the public for profit while also ringing very true

We live in a very creepy time

There are things, working in the industry, that I wish I didn't know! 

Why do you care? There are 11 facts that cant be explained. None of the so called explanations hold water. So you think the footballs deflated themselves? You have to be a Patriots fan so there is nothing that can be said that you wont deflect. Just like the whole Patriot organization. You come into this forum under the false identity of BlacknGold and have a total of 96 post. Most of those post have been made right here in this forum this last week. You are not fooling anyone with your phony self.

Its taplook or coolpat or what ever else he has called himself in the past ...hes been bounced 100 times from the old STAR board and now this one.

*sigh...

Honest question here....are you guys intentionally just ignoring the point, or can you guys not read?

FOR THE LAST TIME, I AM NOT COMPARING MARVIN HARRISON'S INVOLVEMENT IN MULTIPLE SHOOTINGS TO THE PATRIOTS BREAKING THE RULES. I AM IN NO WAY COMPARING THE TWO ACTIONS. I AM ONLY COMPARING THE WAY EACH OF OUR FAN BASES REACTED TO A SITUATION THAT HAD DAMNING SPECULATION BUT LACKED PROOF.

That's all I'm going to say about it, because as Corgi so nicely put it, I'm just repeating myself now...and we all know there's definitely been NONE of that from your side in this thread...

Just tell your team to stop cheating and we wouldn't be having these debates.

*sigh...

Sigh... and you fail to realize that MH has zero relevance whats so ever to this thread. It can only serve as more deflection , which this thread is full of.

Its taplook or coolpat or what ever else he has called himself in the past ...hes been bounced 100 times from the old STAR board and now this one.

I figured as much. I have cooled down with the back n forth with the Patriots fans. I have come to realize that getting under your skin is really all most of them care about anyway. Putting them on ignore makes more of a statement and don't give them the satisfaction. There a few Patriots fans who show respect but not many that's for sure.

I'm honestly starting to think you're just screwing with us all. Like you can't possibly believe the garbage that you post, it's all just a big joke or something? You really think the NFL is intentionally waiting until after the Super Bowl because they don't want to destroy their image by having a team play in their championship game that people believe cheated?

Have you, like, been alive the past week and a half? Have you seen the way the media and fans such as yourself are looking at this team? They've all, and you've all, already decided they're guilty...it has nothing to do with protecting their image for an extra 4 days by just sitting around and delaying while not being able to control the narrative.

The NFL obviously doesn't feel the same way as you...they are actually conducting an investigation, gathering facts, and not just spewing out their speculation on a freakin' whim. Did you hear they've contacted the physics department at Columbia to conduct a study on how the weather and temperature may affect the balls? They have nothing and now they're looking to see the potential validity of the Patriots claims.

It's not cut and dry as you want it to be. I'm starting to think you just can't accept it.

I will chime in with a respectful comment. It was reported that the investigation would take weeks, not days. The investigator is looking at all the tapes from the Patriots games this season and possible farther back. He is going to read all the text messages sent during that time. He still has more extensive questions for some of the people he has already talked to. We are all in the wait and see mode at this point. Bantering back and forth solves nothing. We can all point fingers at off field issues just to try to make a team look bad but these issues are off field and not team related. It's not Belichick's fault that Henandez is on trial for multi murders just as it was not Dungy-Caudwell's fault that Harrison's off field issues were theirs. All NFL teams have off field issues. NFL players are not over and above having problems just like the rest of society. Just because a person has an athletic ability better than most don't mean they don't have faults just like anyone else.

I figured as much. I have cooled down with the back n forth with the Patriots fans. I have come to realize that getting under your skin is really all most of them care about anyway. Putting them on ignore makes more of a statement and don't give them the satisfaction. There a few Patriots fans who show respect but not many that's for sure.

If they lose this weekend they will vanish for a couple weeks then slither back one by one.

:topic:   Back to the topic at hand,   does anyone know if the Locker Room attendant is an employee of the Patriots, or is/was he an NFL employee...???   This is something I have been wondering about.   If he's an NFL employee then I guess it makes sense that he would have possession of both the Pats and Colts footballs.    If he's a Pats employee, why did he have the Colts footballs too...???

If he was a Patriot employee, the stupidity of the NFL amazes me.  They guard those footballs as if they were the Hope diamond only to turn those footballs over to one from whom they were guarding the footballs.  As, if that isn’t bad enough; they also give the footballs of the visiting team to the home team.  Doesn't make sense to me.

Just curious if anyone knows the answer to this?

haha  I've come to the conclusion I'm either on everyone's ignore list  ~ OR ~ no-one has an answer.   :scratch:  :hmm:

still curious.

I'll get right on it boss...

Hey, when are the Colts hanging their AFC Finalist banner? You must be looking forward to that!

I've been let down a lot before by Colts teams of the past, but I'm so proud of this team for winning more every year and doing it the right way.

haha  I've come to the conclusion I'm either on everyone's ignore list  ~ OR ~ no-one has an answer.   :scratch:   :hmm:

still curious.

I believe he is a Patriots employee. I don't see it out of the ordinary for an employee of the team to bring the balls out to the field after the ref inspects/accepts them. The away teams shouldn't have to fly out any more ball boys than they already do just to pick up the balls from the refs. I don't think its negligent on the NFL's part, who would have thought prior to two weeks ago we would have to worry about something like this? I kept thinking to myself after the Ravens game there is no way they have other things that are pushing the envelope like the quick eligibility changes that we wouldn't know about. But now we know there are things like that on the other side of the rules that can be done that very few would notice.

Huh. Well...

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/01/27/richs-sources-patriots-footballs-passed-referee-inspection-just-under-allowable-psi-level/

One thing that has been reported this last week, as we’ve been learning about how footballs are treated before a game is that before every game, a referee measured with a pressure gauge each football to see if the pressure in each one is between 12.5 and 13.5 PSI.

But that apparently isn’t always the case. As a matter of fact, from what I’ve been told, many times the refs don’t test the pressure of each ball with a gauge at all. Sometimes refs hold the ball, squeeze it, briefly inspect it, then sign off on it. Next ball. It’s never been a problem before. This is apparently a well known fact in the NFL.

Now according to my sources, The Patriots turned in their footballs to the ref at a pressure just below the allowable PSI.

If it’s a situation where the refs DID use a gauge, the refs would see the balls were under inflated, and inflate them to the proper size. But in this case, the balls were approved and given back to the Patriots under-inflated.

I've been wondering since this all started if this was a possibility, and if the pre-game check was more of a "close enough" type of thing. Granted, these are unnamed "sources" but it was the same deal with the original Mortenson story and those that followed. Nothing reported here is "official," in other words. 

Just for context... Toucher & Rich are the morning guys on 98.5 here in Boston. Rich isn't necessarily a homer but Fred Toucher is a Jets fan and always does a poor job of masking his disgust for the Patriots, lol...

I just think it's an interesting twist to the story. 

I believe he is a Patriots employee. I don't see it out of the ordinary for an employee of the team to bring the balls out to the field after the ref inspects/accepts them. The away teams shouldn't have to fly out any more ball boys than they already do just to pick up the balls from the refs. I don't think its negligent on the NFL's part, who would have thought prior to two weeks ago we would have to worry about something like this? I kept thinking to myself after the Ravens game there is no way they have other things that are pushing the envelope like the quick eligibility changes that we wouldn't know about. But now we know there are things like that on the other side of the rules that can be done that very few would notice.

I see ya Gramz! Everything I've read has said he's a "Patriots locker room attendant."

Thanks for the responses.  I was beginning to wonder if I was invisible.   haha..

I wasn't sure if it was actually reported that he was indeed a Patriots employee, or if we all just assumed that.  

Huh. Well...

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/01/27/richs-sources-patriots-footballs-passed-referee-inspection-just-under-allowable-psi-level/

One thing that has been reported this last week, as we’ve been learning about how footballs are treated before a game is that before every game, a referee measured with a pressure gauge each football to see if the pressure in each one is between 12.5 and 13.5 PSI.

But that apparently isn’t always the case. As a matter of fact, from what I’ve been told, many times the refs don’t test the pressure of each ball with a gauge at all. Sometimes refs hold the ball, squeeze it, briefly inspect it, then sign off on it. Next ball. It’s never been a problem before. This is apparently a well known fact in the NFL.

Now according to my sources, The Patriots turned in their footballs to the ref at a pressure just below the allowable PSI.

If it’s a situation where the refs DID use a gauge, the refs would see the balls were under inflated, and inflate them to the proper size. But in this case, the balls were approved and given back to the Patriots under-inflated.

I've been wondering since this all started if this was a possibility, and if the pre-game check was more of a "close enough" type of thing. Granted, these are unnamed "sources" but it was the same deal with the original Mortenson story and those that followed. Nothing reported here is "official," in other words.

Just for context... Toucher & Rich are the morning guys on 98.5 here in Boston. Rich isn't necessarily a homer but Fred Toucher is a Jets fan and always does a poor job of masking his disgust for the Patriots, lol...

Another Boston news source imagine that!

So...it was the weather and the officials fault? Pardon the pun, but this excuse doesn't seem to "hold air," lol, if these "sources" are correct and in any way part of the patriots organization, they are admitting to knowingly turning in under inflated balls in hopes that the officials would only do a "squeeze test" and pass thier illegal balls? If this is the case, then both the pats should be penalized for once again trying to break the rules AND the officials for not doing their jobs, although everything I have read says this officiating crew does everything by the book including using gauges to check the balls.

Another Boston news source imagine that!

So...it was the weather and the officials fault? Pardon the pun, but this excuse doesn't seem to "hold air," lol, if these "sources" are correct and in any way part of the patriots organization, they are admitting to knowingly turning in under inflated balls in hopes that the officials would only do a "squeeze test" and pass thier illegal balls? If this is the case, then both the pats should be penalized for once again trying to break the rules AND the officials for not doing their jobs, although everything I have read says this officiating crew does everything by the book including using gauges to check the balls.

So anonymous sources that do support your opinion = good.

Those that don't = bad.

Got it!  :thmup:

Either way...

Chill brother, I'm just providing news relevant to a hot topic. I've opened my mind to all possibilities, including the worst-case scenario for New England. I'd like to know the actual truth at some point, wouldn't you? Even if it's not something I want to hear. 

So anonymous sources that do support your opinion = good.

Those that don't = bad.

Got it! :thmup:

Either way...

Chill brother, I'm just providing news relevant to a hot topic. I've opened my mind to all possibilities, including the worst-case scenario for New England. I'd like to know the actual truth at some point, wouldn't you? Even if it's not something I want to hear.

I'm as cool as a cucumber my man

I'm as cool as a cucumber my man

Let me ask though...You really think "most" news outlets out of Boston are going to be fair and balanced when it pertains to the patriots? Be honest.

Either way thanks for the link wasn't neccessarily bashing you, but the source and contents, they are treading dangerous waters by now saying they knew the balls were turned in under inflated, especially when both tommy terrific and Belichick left that out of thier explanations as to what really happened.

Fair questions, here you go:

1. It's a Boston affiliate of CBS Sports, yes. The show's hosts, Fred Toucher and Rich Shertenlieb, aren't locals though. Fred is a diehard Jets fan and hates the Patriots. Overall, if anything, 98.5 has been pretty critical of the Patriots these past two weeks. Especially on certain shows.

2. Chris Mortensen also cited unnamed sources in the article that started this entire fiasco. Since it was that early in the process, it's fair to guess that those sources were from the Colts. Any anonymous source, IMO, should be taken with a grain of salt. We're starting to find out why. 

3. I don't understand your comment about BB and TB "leaving that out" of their explanations. Neither of them said they were there, and neither really commented on the specifics of that part of the process at all.

4. These guys are reporting from Arizona, where there are probably hundreds of NFL people hanging around. Toucher & Rich have regular interviews with a lot of reporters, ex-players, and people around the league. It's not beyond the realm of possibility. 

I don't know whether any of this will turn out to be anything, but blocking your ears and saying "NAH-NAH-NAH, NOT LISTENING BECAUSE IT'S A BOSTON BASED SOURCE" won't get you any closer to the truth. 

I'm just keeping an open mind, like I said. If the NFL comes out and drills the Pats with hard evidence, I'll accept whatever truths come out. At this point we really don't know. 

Huh. Well...

One thing that has been reported this last week, as we’ve been learning about how footballs are treated before a game is that before every game, a referee measured with a pressure gauge each football to see if the pressure in each one is between 12.5 and 13.5 PSI.

But that apparently isn’t always the case. As a matter of fact, from what I’ve been told, many times the refs don’t test the pressure of each ball with a gauge at all. Sometimes refs hold the ball, squeeze it, briefly inspect it, then sign off on it. Next ball. It’s never been a problem before. This is apparently a well known fact in the NFL.

The pregame check was confirmed to be done properly as confirmed by Pro Football Talk. I admire Toucher and Rich, that was scary as hell when the bombs went off at the marathon and they were one of the first to tweet/report it so everyone could get out of there.

1. Yes, a CBS affiliate that relies on Boston area businesses and fans keeping them in business, you do know how they operate, yes?

2. You seem to be putting alot of stock in these "sources" seeing how you just started another thread about them somehow trying to pass them off as credible.

3. Of course they didn't mention it as a possibility, because they thought they could get away with the whole " the weather did it" scheme. So, if the balls were turned in low, who would have approved them being turned in low if it wasn't Belichick or tommy terrific? I mean they do go through quite the process to be prepared to tommy boys liking correct, and after that, in his own words, "I don't want anyone touching my balls!"

4. Not far from the realm but a bit of a stretch seeing how the league has said all protocol was followed.

Man...it would be nice to put all of this behind us for a few days and just enjoy the SB. Whether the Pats deflated the balls or not they still are the best team in the AFC and were the far superior team on the field that night....even if they would have been toting a boulder around. I'm looking forward to what should be an epic SB matchup. One any true fan of football should be able to appreciate. Even if you don't like the Seahawks or the Patriots these are the best two teams in the NFL. This whole story won't be decided until well after the SB that much is very very clear. So why not sit back and enjoy two of the most talented teams in the sport on Sunday decide who is the best. I appreciate all the information disclosed in this thread by those posters that have taken the time to give actual information (and not personal opinions or comments or way off topic destractions).

We are going to get to see two of the best defenses in football lay it on the line....one of the best qbs of this generation go against one who could be establishing himself as the best of the next. So many great story lines. Two hated coaches lol...but yet still brilliant in their abilities. The Gronk....the ultimate force vs Cam the immovable object. Just excited and hoping for a good game. I will revisit this thread when relavant information surfaces. Until that time I'm going to enjoy the last football I get for the next like 9 months and appreciate the fact that I'm getting the best vs the best.

Man...it would be nice to put all of this behind us for a few days and just enjoy the SB. Whether the Pats deflated the balls or not they still are the best team in the AFC and were the far superior team on the field that night....even if they would have been toting a boulder around. I'm looking forward to what should be an epic SB matchup. One any true fan of football should be able to appreciate. Even if you don't like the Seahawks or the Patriots these are the best two teams in the NFL. This whole story won't be decided until well after the SB that much is very very clear. So why not sit back and enjoy two of the most talented teams in the sport on Sunday decide who is the best. I appreciate all the information disclosed in this thread by those posters that have taken the time to give actual information (and not personal opinions or comments or way off topic destractions).

We are going to get to see two of the best defenses in football lay it on the line....one of the best qbs of this generation go against one who could be establishing himself as the best of the next. So many great story lines. Two hated coaches lol...but yet still brilliant in their abilities. The Gronk....the ultimate force vs Cam the immovable object. Just excited and hoping for a good game. I will revisit this thread when relavant information surfaces. Until that time I'm going to enjoy the last football I get for the next like 9 months and appreciate the fact that I'm getting the best vs the best.

No offense and I'm not trying to be a wise guy at all... but ... We've established a long time ago that the Pats were the better team and the balls had nothing to do with them beating us. There is no one disputing that. Maybe a few here and there that think if the Pats were cheating on this , it could have contributed to the narrow win vs Baltimore and thus the AFCCG would have been Balt vs Ind. But for get that...

My question to you is why don't you just take a few days off from visiting this thread as it's beyond doubt one you go to to discuss the "deflation " investigation. What do you expect to find here ? There are plenty of people and places and board threads to discuss the SB. So I guess I'm just curious as to what you want ? Shut this thread down for a few days or turn into  a different discussion ?

Fair questions, here you go:

2. Chris Mortensen also cited unnamed sources in the article that started this entire fiasco. Since it was that early in the process, it's fair to guess that those sources were from the Colts. Any anonymous source, IMO, should be taken with a grain of salt. We're starting to find out why. 

I'm just keeping an open mind, like I said. If the NFL comes out and drills the Pats with hard evidence, I'll accept whatever truths come out. At this point we really don't know. 

I'm keeping open mind as well, but this statement of yours above is flat out wrong.  What did Chris report?  Here's his first statement, and then a link to the whole article-

"The NFL has found that 11 of the New England Patriots' 12 game balls were inflated significantly below the NFL's requirements, league sources involved and familiar with the investigation of Sunday's AFC Championship Game told ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12202450/nfl-says-new-england-patriots-had-inflated-footballs-afc-championship-game

So, ESPN Boston has more cred, in my eyes. Keepin' it real...

Here is the other thing I have been contemplating. 

We know that 11 of 12 footballs were found to be under inflated.

We know that Tom prefers footballs at 12.5 psi.  We know that Tom and Peyton lobbied to get the NFL to let the teams prep their own footballs.

So, it only stands to reason that the footballs presented and chosen to be the primary footballs (not the spare footballs) would be as close to Tom's preference to 12.5 as possible.  And, that all those footballs would have been prepped in the same manner.

Now, if I am understanding Bill correctly (which may not be the case as some of that went way over my head); those footballs naturally lost some psi after settling down from being prepped.  And, lost additional psi after being taken from a warmer environment into a colder environment.

If that is indeed what happened, why wasn't the 12th football affected?

We know that Tom prefers footballs at 12.5 psi.  We know that Tom and Peyton lobbied to get the NFL to let the teams prep their own footballs.

So, it only stands to reason that the footballs presented and chosen to be the primary footballs (not the spare footballs) would be as close to Tom's preference to 12.5 as possible.  And, that all those footballs would have been prepped in the same manner.

Now, if I am understanding Bill correctly (which may not be the case as some of that went way over my head); those footballs naturally lost some psi after settling down from being prepped.  And, lost additional psi after being taken from a warmer environment into a colder environment.

Because the ball boy's 90 seconds in the bathroom was up...

No offense and I'm not trying to be a wise guy at all... but ... We've established a long time ago that the Pats were the better team and the balls had nothing to do with them beating us. There is no one disputing that. Maybe a few here and there that think if the Pats were cheating on this , it could have contributed to the narrow win vs Baltimore and thus the AFCCG would have been Balt vs Ind. But for get that...

My question to you is why don't you just take a few days off from visiting this thread as it's beyond doubt one you go to to discuss the "deflation " investigation. What do you expect to find here ? There are plenty of people and places and board threads to discuss the SB. So I guess I'm just curious as to what you want ? Shut this thread down for a few days or turn into  a different discussion ?

Sorry...I was happy those that brought actual reports in and updates...the bickering back and forth and stuff about crowd noise, harrison, spygate, and just all the accusations without having a released report from the NFL didn't seem to be positive in furthering any discussions. If people could just take things objectively and discuss the findings and reports being laid out that would make sense. Perhaps I should have posted my post in the other giant thread. It was easier for me to keep up with this one because it wasn't like 100 pages of name calling and crazy accusations and delusional fanboys. I agree discussing the findings around the locker room attendant are pertinant information and happy to get this type of information. Just the thread was getting hijacked....perhaps I did a bad job trying to get it back on topic. Thats my bad.

1. Yes, a CBS affiliate that relies on Boston area businesses and fans keeping them in business, you do know how they operate, yes?

Of course. But I've said it twice already, that station is not loaded with homers like their main competitor (WEEI). 

2. You seem to be putting alot of stock in these "sources" seeing how you just started another thread about them somehow trying to pass them off as credible.

Are you not doing the same thing? 

Why are they more or less credible than Mortensen's "unnamed" sources? In my book, all anonymous reports are the same, and deserve to be taken with the same level of skepticism. 

3. Of course they didn't mention it as a possibility, because they thought they could get away with the whole " the weather did it" scheme. So, if the balls were turned in low, who would have approved them being turned in low if it wasn't Belichick or tommy terrific? I mean they do go through quite the process to be prepared to tommy boys liking correct, and after that, in his own words, "I don't want anyone touching my balls!"

I acknowledged that in another thread. If they were turned in low the Patriots would still be subject to fines. But it would answer questions about whether any of it was truly deliberate, don't you think? 

4. Not far from the realm but a bit of a stretch seeing how the league has said all protocol was followed.

No, a "league source" said that. Good segue way to...

I'm keeping open mind as well, but this statement of yours above is flat out wrong.  What did Chris report?  Here's his first statement, and then a link to the whole article-

"The NFL has found that 11 of the New England Patriots' 12 game balls were inflated significantly below the NFL's requirements, league sources involved and familiar with the investigation of Sunday's AFC Championship Game told ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12202450/nfl-says-new-england-patriots-had-inflated-footballs-afc-championship-game

So, ESPN Boston has more cred, in my eyes. Keepin' it real...

But again... Mortensen's "league sources" are somehow more valid? It's funny but in the link you added there, from only a week and a day ago, many aspects of the story have changed. Not limited to: 1) Mentioning the Patriots played with their 12 "backup" balls in the second half. 2) How many PSIs the 11 balls were short. 

I guess we'll find out. Eventually, lol...

The pregame check was confirmed to be done properly as confirmed by Pro Football Talk.

Every story you've read about this has cited "according to sources." The article I posted is really no different. If you're not attributing information to a specific person, you're citing "sources." 

The PFT report, while quite possibly 100% accurate, is not scripture, nor is it fact. 

Every story you've read about this has cited "according to sources." The article I posted is really no different. If you're not attributing information to a specific person, you're citing "sources." 

The PFT report, while quite possibly 100% accurate, is not scripture, nor is it fact. 

Dean Blandino said the footballs were tested properly before the AFC Title game.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

January 29, 2015

PFT = scripture. PFT = Fact

haha  I've come to the conclusion I'm either on everyone's ignore list  ~ OR ~ no-one has an answer.   :scratch:   :hmm:

still curious.

I think he was a Patriot's employee, which made me then wonder about the story of there being suspicions dating back to the November game...which was in Indy. If this is the protocol (for the ref's to give both team's balls to a home team attendant), then clearly the "side trip to the bathroom to deflate the balls" theory wouldn't fit for road games.

Because Bill's explaination doesn't hold air...phun intended. Really what this comes down to is

1. Did the officials actually measure the air with the gauge.

2. Was it measured with the same gauge afterwards.

3. How much under were the balls deflated and was there any consistancies with them.

4. Was the Colts balls or the second half balls affected.

5. Did someone alter the footballs after they left the officials hands before the game.

6. If they were altered...who did it...and who was aware they did it...ie told by them or ordered them to do it.

7. How long this has been going on and was this the only time etc.

8. Did those within the organization lie about or try to cover up the information of investigation.

I'm sure there could be more but those are the basics that need to be known. Now we have leaked information....but mostly just speculation...and thus we will need to see what comes out. It seems pretty clear the balls were intentionaly deflated from all the information that was put out there but I imagine will never get a confession or find out to what degree Tom or Bill and the heads of the team were aware of what happened. I can't see how anything conclusive be established without cooperation and I see no reason anyone would do so as the Patriots reputation is on the line and many jobs I imagine too.

Outside all this it seems people will just draw their own conclusions and make their own aligations. I just wish this would be over. Its not good for the game this weekend nor for the Patriots perception. If they can establish what happened it could go a long way of clearing the unanswered questions etc...and kill the conspiracy theories, over the top cheater conspiracies, and also allow people to put in context what they did do wrong (if anything).

• 2 months later...

I was listening to Peter King and he said one of the reasons that the NFL is taking so much time is this investigation is going much deeper than the 11 underinflated footballs involved in the Colts game. The NFL is looking at the whole season and maybe earlier than that. Also they have tons of e-mails and other things to sort out. This could be a lot more deeper than some of us were thinking. He said this could take weeks to complete so I guess we will just have to wait and see. On a personal note I will not discuss, debate or argue with any Patriot fans who chime in on the Colts forum about any of this. In my opinion there is something to this. It don't take a rocket scientist to figure out that something fishy has been going on with the Patriots. I have a gut feeling the Colts-Patriot game is just the beginning. Once again I make this comment as a personal opinion.

How much longer till we know the outcome of the investigation? 

How much longer till we know the outcome of the investigation? 

Your guess is as good as mine? It seems like the commish has let this thing go on way too long. It's not front page news and the longer it is put off the lesser the penalty will be if there is any at all.

Your guess is as good as mine? It seems like the commish has let this thing go on way too long. It's not front page news and the longer it is put off the lesser the penalty will be if there is any at all.

Funny, I was thinking the exact opposite. :dunno:

I would have thought if there was nothing really there, the results of the investigation would have been completed, yet it's still ongoing, which leads me to believe some wrongdoing has been uncovered but we're not supposed to be discussing this until the results are in. Hurry up already. :P