Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL zeroed in on locker room attendant

AndreRison

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming from a league that had a ref/gambling scandal not so long ago lol.

This scandal doesn't hurt the nfl at all. Hell, my mother texted me and asked me about it because they were talking about it on The View.

Oh yeah, suuure.  Your "mother" was watching The View.  We're not fooled... lol

I think the ball boy was taking some sort of special drug devised by the Patriots's dark ops bio/med team that converted his urine into a magical compound that decreased air pressure. He heads into the stall, takes a leak on all of the Patriots game balls and presto - psi drops 2 lbs.

OF COURSE someone higher up told the locker room dude to do this. Jesus Christ. Do people think this dude woke up the morning of the AFCCG and said "I gonna steal the Pats balls and deflate those puppies for fun." NO NO NO NO NO.

And this morning Brady I hear had the nerve to say his feelings were hurt due to accusations.

This organization makes me sick........literally sick. 

I think everyone could take a chill pill here. No offense to you just because I quoted you because I've seen tons of people have the same reaction but I'm just saying to those that get all worked up over this whole thing....its just a football game. I love sports....but I love good sportsmanship even more...so I'm dissappointed by the whole thing....but sick....no. I'm sure it was just a phrase you were using but honestly in the world we live in...and every day things we go through this should really just get a shake of disgust and move along. I understand that there should be consequences to this but letting this consume valuable time and energy just seems to be really taking things too far.

Just so people know...I fully think wrong doing was done...and its being covered up etc...but I don't think it deserves every headline nor the feelings of anger/contempt etc. Everyone is entitled to their own feelings but I just ask people to put things into proper context. Football in the grand scheme of life is meaningless. What Peyton Manning/Tom Brady or the Colts do or don't do shouldn't consume people. It sadens me when it comes up that a team with so much potential and greatness would stoop to this level and the message that it undoubtedly sends to kids that winning at all costs trumps everything. Yes I've lost respect for that team....a lot of respect I had...and I'm sure a lot of Pats fans have too. Hopefully something good will come from it...a lesson to others or something...but most of all...lets remember to put this in its proper context. Its a game. Its entertainment. We are talking about how much air is in a football. Yes it was cheating/lieing/wrongdoing and breaks any moral or ethical standards this game has but its still a game. Life is going on all around us with many many more important things happening that probably deserves such strong feelings. We still are just talking about a football game in the end.

These "theories" are fun to read. I'm thoroughly amused at how many people are willing to subscribe to outlandish and unrealistic conspiracies rather than admit that it would defy all logic for any team to take this big of a risk for a marginal advantage against a team that hasn't shown any ability whatsoever to even be on the same field with them. It would be like Florida State risking their entire program to get a tiny edge vs a D2 opponent. It doesn't add up at all.

Eli Manning weighs in. I'm sure his brother and he are on the same page.

" I thought it was kind strange that Brady knew he liked his ball at 12.5 pounds of pressure in the ball," Manning quipped. "That's the minimum number you can have ... seems kind of strange to me."

I think everyone could take a chill pill here. No offense to you just because I quoted you because I've seen tons of people have the same reaction but I'm just saying to those that get all worked up over this whole thing....its just a football game. I love sports....but I love good sportsmanship even more...so I'm dissappointed by the whole thing....but sick....no. I'm sure it was just a phrase you were using but honestly in the world we live in...and every day things we go through this should really just get a shake of disgust and move along. I understand that there should be consequences to this but letting this consume valuable time and energy just seems to be really taking things too far.

Just so people know...I fully think wrong doing was done...and its being covered up etc...but I don't think it deserves every headline nor the feelings of anger/contempt etc. Everyone is entitled to their own feelings but I just ask people to put things into proper context. Football in the grand scheme of life is meaningless. What Peyton Manning/Tom Brady or the Colts do or don't do shouldn't consume people. It sadens me when it comes up that a team with so much potential and greatness would stoop to this level and the message that it undoubtedly sends to kids that winning at all costs trumps everything. Yes I've lost respect for that team....a lot of respect I had...and I'm sure a lot of Pats fans have too. Hopefully something good will come from it...a lesson to others or something...but most of all...lets remember to put this in its proper context. Its a game. Its entertainment. We are talking about how much air is in a football. Yes it was cheating/lieing/wrongdoing and breaks any moral or ethical standards this game has but its still a game. Life is going on all around us with many many more important things happening that probably deserves such strong feelings. We still are just talking about a football game in the end.

I've been trying to keep this perspective... glad to know that I'm not alone. I think this has gotten out of hand and the hostility I've seen has been crazy. 

As a Patriots fan obviously I want to see facts before I make any judgments. I certainly respect that others have chosen to follow "leaked" info, because hey, that's their right. There is no due process in the court of public opinion. I get it.

There isn't much any of us can say that won't be met with, "OMG EVERYONE LOOK! THE PATS FAN IS DEFENDING HIS TEAM!" Well yeah. What are we supposed to do? LOL... Trash our lifelong rooting interests on the basis of what are, at the moment, nothing more than allegations?

I'd say it to anyone - if it was your team, what would you do? It's easy to sit here all sanctimonious and say that you'd trade in your game jersey, but most of you wouldn't. And if you did, based on what we actually know at this point, you'd be a pretty crappy fan. No offense. 

I mentioned in the other thread - I think it's obvious the balls were intentionally deflated, enough with the math and physics and science projects. No Colt balls were deflated and it's been debunked that 11 of 12 to go down by that much after the refs approved them after correctly checking them (which the ref has been adamant about) and not affect the Colt balls is impossible based on the conditions.

A ball boy took them to the bathroom in a bag that you can completely unzip. It's not out of the ordinary for a guy who has done this plenty of times to take 90 seconds to stick a pin in 11 balls and let air out of each one in a few seconds. Obviously it's in the one room there is no camera in, the Patriots are smart and devious like this. I wouldn't put it past them to inflate the balls in a sauna so they naturally deflated by kickoff but the next best idea is to have a competent ball boy who has done this before take them where there isn't a camera and very quickly deflate them one by one. Would like to see the tapes (if they still exist) of this guy to see if he always takes the balls into the bathroom with him (aside from the fact it's disgusting) during home games.

That being said, this has officially been flipped on the NFL. I commend the Patriots for making the NFL look like stooges, demanding apologies like they weren't the ones who have been caught cheating before. They came off the plane last night and flipped it on the NFL and stonewalled the media completely. Ted Wells comes out and said its going to take WEEKS and suggests we don't talk about it. If the Patriots win, the NFL will also not come down hard to not make their champs look bad (similar to Spygate when Goodell destroyed the evidence that implicated the winners of 3 recent superbowls). Not looking good for the NFL.

A guy posted a pic of his SB credentials on his facebook and the NFL found him after an HOUR and stripped him of his credentials. If you had a superbowl viewing party at a church in walla walla washington expect a cease and desist letter the next morning. The NFL can find anything out quickly but stumbles on real issues. This has become a joke that the NFL have shown repeatedly how incompetent they are.

I've been trying to keep this perspective... glad to know that I'm not alone. I think this has gotten out of hand and the hostility I've seen has been crazy. 

As a Patriots fan obviously I want to see facts before I make any judgments. I certainly respect that others have chosen to follow "leaked" info, because hey, that's their right. There is no due process in the court of public opinion. I get it.

There isn't much any of us can say that won't be met with, "OMG EVERYONE LOOK! THE PATS FAN IS DEFENDING HIS TEAM!" Well yeah. What are we supposed to do? LOL... Trash our lifelong rooting interests on the basis of what are, at the moment, nothing more than allegations?

I'd say it to anyone - if it was your team, what would you do? It's easy to sit here all sanctimonious and say that you'd trade in your game jersey, but most of you wouldn't. And if you did, based on what we actually know at this point, you'd be a pretty crappy fan. No offense.

No, I would just admit the obvious and flash a % eating grin.

I here you. I've keeping most of my opinions pretty close to myself. I don't begrudge anyone for having an opinion or wanting all the facts out before leaping to judgement. The circumstancial evidence is pretty tough though at this point. I honestly haven't heard a single plausible explaination for how all this happened. Either the officials are lying or the Patriots are at this point. I doubt any investigation is going to come to a smoking gun where Belicheck or Brady is caught on tape saying deflate the balls and the guy is caught on tape doing it. That said there is enough evidence that this happened and a history of the organization of pushing the line etc that its easy for people to come to the conclusion that this was done on purpose.

I am ashamed how most people carry on the way they do like this is the equivilant of a White House scandal or some murder case or something. That said I'm also ashamed at this point in the NE Patriots. I've defended them quite a few times on this board and other places as a great organization...etc..even if I wasn't a fan I respected them etc...and unless something major changes I can honestly say I can't see them in the same light. A team that said one week before "Know the rules etc etc" they clearly broke them again it seems. Its pretty arrogant and pretty shameless. That said its just football. I don't get wrapped up too much in it. Its like the least important thing in my day. My faith, family, friends, work and many many other things come before it every day. To act like I'm sick to my stomach of this stuff would be laughable. Just the outrage etc that people supposedly have to me seems very much misplaced or very much made up. The fact still remains this is a football game we are talking about. Now the guys standing before the media and lying etc (if that is truely the case) have to carry that with them forever but to act like they broke the law or somehow criminals is a little much.

Hopefully this gets settled quickly etc. I am very much looking forward to a great matchup. One that I still think your Patriots will win on Sunday so we will see. Sad that if that happens it may very much be clouded by a scandal but thats the bed they made for themselves. Just a question. If this does come out that the Patriots doctored the football what would it change your view of them? Would you still be a fan or the team and players involved? Does Belicheck or Brady have to been intimately connected to the wrong doing or is simply the overwhelming circumstancial evidence enough? We all know there is 0% chance Brady or anyone admits to wrong doing so basically its going to be trusting his and Bill's word on this situation. I would hate to be put in that situation. I know when we had the brawl at the palace that outside of Reggie Miller I totally wrote that team off. Didn't buy anymore tickets until they cleaned up the roster etc before I finally went back to games a few years ago. I was ashamed of the behavior and didn't want to support that team and behavior.  I'm not going to spend hard earned money on something I can't stand behind. Not saying that people that all people have to adhere to that...it is entertainment after all...so again I don't think we need to throw these guys behind bars and people are allowed to have a good time and enjoy their games...but I think we are well beyond acting like these guys are stand up sportsmen.

There's a difference between defending and then blindly and unrealistically gobbling up anything the pats say. You can't believe any of it because it's completely biased information. Man6 if the pats fans here are finding ways to blame everyone else, so far add to say it was a plot by Irsay and the colts did it before the game even tho all evidence points otherwise. So no don't throw it all away but stop being a Homer and have some self respect and admit the evidence at hand.

Not directed necessarily at you.

And what would I do? Hang my head in shame and hope it's not true. I wouldn't blame everyone else and find excuses constantly.

I here you. I've keeping most of my opinions pretty close to myself. I don't begrudge anyone for having an opinion or wanting all the facts out before leaping to judgement. The circumstancial evidence is pretty tough though at this point. I honestly haven't heard a single plausible explaination for how all this happened. Either the officials are lying or the Patriots are at this point. I doubt any investigation is going to come to a smoking gun where Belicheck or Brady is caught on tape saying deflate the balls and the guy is caught on tape doing it. That said there is enough evidence that this happened and a history of the organization of pushing the line etc that its easy for people to come to the conclusion that this was done on purpose.

I am ashamed how most people carry on the way they do like this is the equivilant of a White House scandal or some murder case or something. That said I'm also ashamed at this point in the NE Patriots. I've defended them quite a few times on this board and other places as a great organization...etc..even if I wasn't a fan I respected them etc...and unless something major changes I can honestly say I can't see them in the same light. A team that said one week before "Know the rules etc etc" they clearly broke them again it seems. Its pretty arrogant and pretty shameless. That said its just football. I don't get wrapped up too much in it. Its like the least important thing in my day. My faith, family, friends, work and many many other things come before it every day. To act like I'm sick to my stomach of this stuff would be laughable. Just the outrage etc that people supposedly have to me seems very much misplaced or very much made up. The fact still remains this is a football game we are talking about. Now the guys standing before the media and lying etc (if that is truely the case) have to carry that with them forever but to act like they broke the law or somehow criminals is a little much.

Hopefully this gets settled quickly etc. I am very much looking forward to a great matchup. One that I still think your Patriots will win on Sunday so we will see. Sad that if that happens it may very much be clouded by a scandal but thats the bed they made for themselves. Just a question. If this does come out that the Patriots doctored the football what would it change your view of them? Would you still be a fan or the team and players involved? Does Belicheck or Brady have to been intimately connected to the wrong doing or is simply the overwhelming circumstancial evidence enough? We all know there is 0% chance Brady or anyone admits to wrong doing so basically its going to be trusting his and Bill's word on this situation. I would hate to be put in that situation. I know when we had the brawl at the palace that outside of Reggie Miller I totally wrote that team off. Didn't buy anymore tickets until they cleaned up the roster etc before I finally went back to games a few years ago. I was ashamed of the behavior and didn't want to support that team and behavior.  I'm not going to spend hard earned money on something I can't stand behind. Not saying that people that all people have to adhere to that...it is entertainment after all...so again I don't think we need to throw these guys behind bars and people are allowed to have a good time and enjoy their games...but I think we are well beyond acting like these guys are stand up sportsmen.

I suggest you take all this 'outrage' with an equal measure of perspective. Most of us know it's a sport, and our disgust, pretend, exaggerated or real, is taken with that principle in mind.......that it's just a game.

Your outburst is equally over the top, relative to the reaction you are criticising.

You do have a point GoPat.  i would ask though... based on your posts here you seem to be a person with morals and a sense of right and wrong, so at what point do you need to throw up your hands and say, that's it I'm not going to support this team anymore until x, y and z happens?

Some of those are quite the stretch. The Colts "pumping in noise" was shown by the NFL to be completely false. Also, Mathis was taking a fertility drug... not really the same thing as your average PED.

I think the ball boy was taking some sort of special drug devised by the Patriots's dark ops bio/med team that converted his urine into a magical compound that decreased air pressure. He heads into the stall, takes a leak on all of the Patriots game balls and presto - psi drops 2 lbs.

That's pretty well in line with most of your other theories.

I suggest you take all this 'outrage' with an equal measure of perspective. Most of us know it's a sport, and our disgust, pretend, exaggerated or real, is taken with that principle in mind.......that it's just a game.

Your outburst is equally over the top, relative to the reaction you are criticising.

I'm not outraged....just hoping to be a voice of reason. There are a lot of people with pretty intense anger and hate (at least on the boards) and that is fine....totally their right. I just thought maybe kind of make a post to give a little deeper perspective on the relationship of sports in life and maybe help someone realize that this isn't such a big deal. Certainly not enough to make them get sick to their stomach etc. In life I feel holding on to such anger/hate/feelings is just so negative...I find more happiness by trying to be positive. Hey...everyone is entitled to feel however they want....totally...I'm not necessarily trying to criticize just help people take a deep breath and collect themselves. No outrage here. I'm glad to find people realize its just a sport/game.....reading many of the posts on this topic in this thread or others suggests people COULD be taking it a bit far. No one in particular...just saying. Sorry if my post made you think I was trying to criticize peoples opinions. Not my intention...just hopefully reminding some that this event is pretty small in importance in anything realitive to their lives.

Some of those are quite the stretch. The Colts "pumping in noise" was shown by the NFL to be completely false. Also, Mathis was taking a fertility drug... not really the same thing as your average PED.

Just remember how much credibility you put in the NFL exonerating the Colts when they eventually exonerate the Pats for this.

Total stretch. It was an audio glitch during the TV broadcast, CBS no less who Kraft owns an affiliate. Not our fault they could have iced the game if they didn't have 12 men in the huddle on their second to last drive. Same w Mathis - took clomid so he can get his wife pregnant and have another baby before his mother passed away (which she unfortunately did recently, and they fortunately had a healthy baby). You got us with Landry oh well. They act like we had two guys on PEDs "but still couldn't stop Jonas Gray and Blount" despite one being on IR and the forgetting there are 10 other guys on the field.

Just remember how much credibility you put in the NFL exonerating the Colts when they eventually exonerate the Pats for this.

The NFL "exonerated" them because CBS said the noise viewers heard was their equipment. It had nothing to do with the league's credibility. The league has already shown themselves to be anything but credible by destroying all evidence in spygate.

I'm not outraged....just hoping to be a voice of reason. There are a lot of people with pretty intense anger and hate (at least on the boards) and that is fine....totally their right. I just thought maybe kind of make a post to give a little deeper perspective on the relationship of sports in life and maybe help someone realize that this isn't such a big deal. Certainly not enough to make them get sick to their stomach etc. In life I feel holding on to such anger/hate/feelings is just so negative...I find more happiness by trying to be positive. Hey...everyone is entitled to feel however they want....totally...I'm not necessarily trying to criticize just help people take a deep breath and collect themselves. No outrage here. I'm glad to find people realize its just a sport/game.....reading many of the posts on this topic in this thread or others suggests people COULD be taking it a bit far. No one in particular...just saying. Sorry if my post made you think I was trying to criticize peoples opinions. Not my intention...just hopefully reminding some that this event is pretty small in importance in anything realitive to their lives.

Yep. no worries. I understand.

You do have a point GoPat.  i would ask though... based on your posts here you seem to be a person with morals and a sense of right and wrong, so at what point do you need to throw up your hands and say, that's it I'm not going to support this team anymore until x, y and z happens?

I also was kinda wondering that? Not that someone has to say I'm not going to support my team or anything but more along the lines of coming to the agreement/conclusion that there was wrong doing done..and if it would have any effect on how they follow the team. There is no right or wrong answer in my opinion...I just used my example of how I felt after the Pacers had their incident in Detroit and I stopped supporting them for years until they totally cleaned house. I too wonder if any fans etc will come out against their team or make a statement by not supporting them etc but its clear there are a lot of heated emotions around this.

I will hand it to pats fans... many of you can reach further than any other human.  The two situations are not even remotely similar.  The "crowd noise" was an allegation by a sports reporter that proved to be unfounded.  No one is denying the balls were not inflated properly, it's just a matter of who did it.

Right now it looks like the ball boy, in the bathroom, with a needle.  I'm guessing, right after Brady said, "hey you, come here for a second..."

You have to give it to the Patriots:

First 11 out of their 12 balls are found under inflated versus zero for the Colts.

This is the second scandal after spygate which they were guilty of.

1st Press Conference : Brady and Belichick stammering they know nothing about anything.

Next Press Conference: Suddenly Belichick is an expert on PSI and ball deflation after knowing nothing allegedly.

Next Press Conference: Brady also know nothing and his feelings are hurt.

Next: Belligerent NE Press start spreading rumors about Harbaugh, Pagano, Irsay , being snitches , to excuse Patriot wrong doing.

Next: A more agitated Belichick refuses to answer any more questions on the subject.

Next: A ball boy is dragged out of the woodwork as a scape goat.

Next : Old man Kraft throws the NFL under the bus, and has the audacity to ask them to prove it, after his team had deflated footballs.

Next: Old Man Kraft has the gall to demand an apology, when he is responsible that the NFL rules are carried out for his team. This is his second failure.

Next : Patriot fans look in vein for other cheating scandals when other teams just have PED, or other personal issues, like the Patriots or Red Sox have. The other teams aren't cheating on an institutional basis.

Next: Patriot fans say other fans are jealous of their success. No, we just want them to follow the rule book like Tommy told us to do.

What's next ?

First 11 out of their 12 balls are found under inflated versus zero for the Colts.

1st Press Conference : Brady and Belichick stammering they know nothing about anything.

Next Press Conference: Suddenly Belichick is an expert on PSI and ball deflation after knowing nothing allegedly.

Next: Belligerent NE Press start spreading rumors about Harbaugh, Pagano, Irsay , being snitches , to excuse Patriot wrong doing.

Next: A more agitated Belichick refuses to answer any more questions on the subject.

Next : Old man Kraft throws the NFL under the bus, and has the audacity to ask them to prove it, after his team had deflated footballs.

Next: Old Man Kraft has the gall to demand an apology, when he is responsible that the NFL rules are carried out for his team. This is his second failure.

Next : Patriot fans look in vein for other cheating scandals when other teams just have PED, or other personal issues, like the Patriots or Red Sox have. The other teams aren't cheating on an institutional basis.

Next: Patriot fans say other fans are jealous of their success. No, we just want them to follow the rule book like Tommy told us to do.

What's next ?

I am seriously waiting for the alien angle. Its coming, just a matter of when. 

What's next ?

You should have stuck in the fact that the weather was colder in the 2nd half and neither the Pat balls or Colt balls went under the legal PSI.

But to answer your question... probably a Goodall apology to Kraft , BB , TB and the whole Pat organization including the ball boy.

I am seriously waiting for the alien angle. Its coming, just a matter of when.

Kraft cleverly moved the press off Belichick and Brady with his ramblings, and changed the press coverage. He wants to get through the Super Bowl, and then it will probably be swept under the rug. These guys are all good at what they do.

What's next ?

My guess: About 4 or 5 weeks after the Pats win their 4th superbowl this sunday, on a late Friday afternon, the NFL will quietly announce that their investigation turned up no evidence that the Patriots tampered with any game balls, then Mel Kiper will release his latest mock draft and the world will move on.

You should have stuck in the fact that the weather was colder in the 2nd half and neither the Pat balls or Colt balls went under the legal PSI.

But to answer your question... probably a Goodall apology to Kraft , BB , TB and the whole Pat organization including the ball boy.

You have to wonder with all the cameras in the stadium, why this ball boy went in the stall, where there wouldn't be a camera ? Do you think old man Kraft probably took a few days to check all the cameras that came up empty, because the kid was in the stall, to issue his challenge to the NFL to prove things, when he knew nothing was on camera. Last time, when there was video evidence, he had his buddy Goddell destroy them. Then after all this, he has the audacity to ask for an apology, when he should be humble and penitent , and asking forgiveness for his organization.

What's next ?

I had a Pats fan I went to school with tell me today about our crowd noise issue after I dropped the fumble statistics on him. Typical Patriot fan deflection. Don't accept your problems, try to remind others of theirs. Ironic it was an audio glitch caused by CBS who Kraft has an ownership stake in the network, the same owner who just filed a tampering charge against the Jets for just saying they wish they would have signed Revis back.

My guess: About 4 or 5 weeks after the Pats win their 4th superbowl this sunday, on a late Friday afternon, the NFL will quietly announce that their investigation turned up no evidence that the Patriots tampered with any game balls, then Mel Kiper will release his latest mock draft and the world will move on.

That may all come to pass, except for one thing. Other than outside of NE, the majority of fans will look at the Patriots four titles like fans look at the baseball records of Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa, and Rodger Clemens. They will be disregarded as illegitimate, and forever be marked by the dreaded asterisk.

I had a Pats fan I went to school with tell me today about our crowd noise issue after I dropped the fumble statistics on him. Typical Patriot fan deflection. Don't accept your problems, try to remind others of theirs. Ironic it was an audio glitch caused by CBS who Kraft has an ownership stake in the network, the same owner who just filed a tampering charge against the Jets for just saying they wish they would have signed Revis back.

You're right, these guys don't miss a trick. The old tactic when the aggressor is accused of wrongdoing and is caught red handed, then attack the victim !

You have to wonder with all the cameras in the stadium, why this ball boy went in the stall, where there wouldn't be a camera ? Do you think old man Kraft probably took a few days to check all the cameras that came up empty, because the kid was in the stall, to issue his challenge to the NFL to prove things, when he knew nothing was on camera. Last time, when there was video evidence, he had his buddy Goddell destroy them. Then after all this, he has the audacity to ask for an apology, when he should be humble and penitent , and asking forgiveness for his organization.

It's like our president telling us the economy is good , it's just a few guys hogging all the money. People get carried away with themselves and believe they can say just about anything .

That may all come to pass, except for one thing. Other than outside of NE, the majority of fans will look at the Patriots four titles like fans look at the baseball records of Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa, and Rodger Clemens. They will be disregarded as illegitimate, and forever be marked by the dreaded asterisk.

Which is perfectly fine. Being a sports fan is a personal experience. Fans of other teams can think that Belichick is a satanic cult leader and Brady is a  cannibal for all I care. It doesn't make it fact, and more importantly it doesn't impact the personal enjoyment I get as a fan out of watching them. Trust me when I tell you - I'd much rather be here getting excited to see the team I root for play in the Superbowl this Sunday while debating whether or not balls were deflated than sitting somewhere else with my team's season over and getting upset about deflated balls.