Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL zeroed in on locker room attendant

AndreRison

It's like our president telling us the economy is good , it's just a few guys hogging all the money. People get carried away with themselves and believe they can say just about anything .

I get Patriot fans trying to spin the company line, we all do this to an extent with our teams , but some of this stuff is outrageous.

When the Ray Rice deal happened in Baltimore, most people were shocked that he didn't get half a year to a year suspension right off the bat. I felt that way also , and you can't defend the indefensible.

When 11 out of your 12 balls are deflated , and the other team's aren't in the same conditions , how many stories can you make up, and how many more people can you blame ?

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is perfectly fine. Being a sports fan is a personal experience. Fans of other teams can think that Belichick is a satanic cult leader and Brady is a  cannibal for all I care. It doesn't make it fact, and more importantly it doesn't impact the personal enjoyment I get as a fan out of watching them. Trust me when I tell you - I'd much rather be here getting excited to see the team I root for play in the Superbowl this Sunday while debating whether or not balls were deflated than sitting somewhere else with my team's season over and getting upset about deflated balls.

Then why are you posting in this thread ? 

Which is perfectly fine. Being a sports fan is a personal experience. Fans of other teams can think that Belichick is a satanic cult leader and Brady is a  cannibal for all I care. It doesn't make it fact, and more importantly it doesn't impact the personal enjoyment I get as a fan out of watching them. Trust me when I tell you - I'd much rather be here getting excited to see the team I root for play in the Superbowl this Sunday while debating whether or not balls were deflated than sitting somewhere else with my team's season over and getting upset about deflated balls.

Well the latter happens to be everyone here, it's not as easy to sit on that side when you were wronged because the team you played against cheated.

Which is perfectly fine. Being a sports fan is a personal experience. Fans of other teams can think that Belichick is a satanic cult leader and Brady is a cannibal for all I care. It doesn't make it fact, and more importantly it doesn't impact the personal enjoyment I get as a fan out of watching them. Trust me when I tell you - I'd much rather be here getting excited to see the team I root for play in the Superbowl this Sunday while debating whether or not balls were deflated than sitting somewhere else with my team's season over and getting upset about deflated balls.

That's fine with your own personal experiences , if you see it that way. I expect my teams to do things the right way, but that's just me. The teams I've rooted for have won many WS, or NFL Championship wins, but they are celebrated as being done the right way. Just remember all these years later , we still talk about the Black Sox scandal. That taint has lasted almost 100 years.

I get Patriot fans trying to spin the company line, we all do this to an extent with our teams , but some of this stuff is outrageous.

When the Ray Rice deal happened in Baltimore, most people were shocked that he didn't get half a year to a year suspension right off the bat. I felt that way also , and you can't defend the indefensible.

When 11 out of your 12 balls are deflated , and the other team's aren't in the same conditions , how many stories can you make up, and how many more people can you blame ?

Yeah.. how much can you swallow ? 

That's fine with your own personal experiences , if you see it that way. I expect my teams to do things the right way, but that's just me. The teams I've rooted for have won many WS, or NFL Championship wins, but they are celebrated as being done the right way. Just remember all these years later , we still talk about the Black Sox scandal. That taint has lasted almost 100 years.

I think it takes a sizeable amount of willful naivete to believe that any professional sports team does it "the right way". These sports teams and leagues are multi-billion dollar for profit businesses. It's a cesspool, top to bottom. Hell - it's not even just the pros...it's Division 1 college sports too. So this notion that "my team does it the right way"...sorry...no matter what team you root for you are turning a big blind eye to a lot of filth if that's the premise on which you are basing your rooting allegiance.

I think it takes a sizeable amount of willful naivete to believe that any professional sports team does it "the right way". These sports teams and leagues are multi-billion dollar for profit businesses. It's a cesspool, top to bottom. Hell - it's not even just the pros...it's Division 1 college sports too. So this notion that "my team does it the right way"...sorry...no matter what team you root for you are turning a big blind eye to a lot of filth if that's the premise on which you are basing your rooting allegiance.

So lets say you are right talking about all sports teams have shady stuff going on. The patriots are an ocean and most other teams are a puddle

So lets say you are right talking about all sports teams have shady stuff going on. The patriots are an ocean and most other teams are a puddle

lol...sure - if that makes you feel better about it. Here's reality - if Kraft decided next week that he'd had enough of Belichick and his "shady ways", how long do you think he'd be out of work? My guess is that there'd be a feeding frenzy like never before seen to hire him, and there would be a lot of fans of the teams that didn't hire him who would be * that their GM didn't get the job done...many of the same fans who are now irate and angry about deflated balls.

No organization is perfect, but some organizations take it to the limit, more than most. You would think after spygate, they may not have pushed those limits.

lol...sure - if that makes you feel better about it. Here's reality - if Kraft decided next week that he'd had enough of Belichick and his "shady ways", how long do you think he'd be out of work? My guess is that there'd be a feeding frenzy like never before seen to hire him, and there would be a lot of fans of the teams that didn't hire him who would be * that their GM didn't get the job done...many of the same fans who are now irate and angry about deflated balls.

Obviously someone would hire him in a second, they would also make sure he didn't step a toe anywhere near the line. That team would also lose the benefit of the doubt when it comes to allegations as well but look at the Patriots, they're going to get to play in a superbowl scott free. Whatever the punishment is no matter how big or small will be worth it for this opportunity.

Obviously someone would hire him in a second, they would also make sure he didn't step a toe anywhere near the line. That team would also lose the benefit of the doubt when it comes to allegations as well but look at the Patriots, they're going to get to play in a superbowl scott free. Whatever the punishment is no matter how big or small will be worth it for this opportunity.

He would pick where ever he wanted to coach, and the owner who was dumb enough to try to tell him what "lines" he couldn't cross - that team would be crossed off the list. That's my point...every one of these teams and their fans would sell their soul to have the success that comes with Bill, and they wouldn't care less about dumb crap like deflated balls.

Kraft cleverly moved the press off Belichick and Brady with his ramblings, and changed the press coverage. He wants to get through the Super Bowl, and then it will probably be swept under the rug. These guys are all good at what they do.

Cheaters, liars...but you dont usually become a billionaire by being stooopid. 

He would pick where ever he wanted to coach, and the owner who was dumb enough to try to tell him what "lines" he couldn't cross - that team would be crossed off the list. That's my point...every one of these teams and their fans would sell their soul to have the success that comes with Bill, and they wouldn't care less about dumb crap like deflated balls.

Warped...

That's the difference between Pat fans and 31 other fans. You think it's worth it and consider your titles legitimate. You have 31 other teams and fanbases, respected ex players, hall of famers, analysts, writers, calling Bullcrap, all knowing that they aren't legitimate or at least not as legitimate as everyone else's titles.

I'm happy with Ozzie and Harbs. We don't need the Belichick circus in Baltimore .

Warped...

Lol...again - I find it hard not to laugh at the "morality" soapbox. Did any of you Colts fans care about "the integrity of the game" when your team was busy tankling games to get Luck? And don't get me wrong - it was a good move..you need a franchise QB to win in this league, the Colts weren't winning the SB that year, so it's a no-brainer - lose as much as you can and get that player. But don't be hypocrites.

That's the difference between Pat fans and 31 other fans. You think it's worth it and consider your titles legitimate. You have 31 other teams and fanbases, respected ex players, hall of famers, analysts, writers, calling Bullcrap, all knowing that they aren't legitimate or at least not as legitimate as everyone else's titles.

Jerry Rice was the latest to call for asterisks .

Lol...again - I find it hard not to laugh at the "morality" soapbox. Did any of you Colts fans care about "the integrity of the game" when your team was busy tankling games to get Luck? 

haha    Most everyone on here (with the exception of you, obviously)   knows  I'm the wrong person to be directing this comment at.

Lol...again - I find it hard not to laugh at the "morality" soapbox. Did any of you Colts fans care about "the integrity of the game" when your team was busy tankling games to get Luck? And don't get me wrong - it was a good move..you need a franchise QB to win in this league, the Colts weren't winning the SB that year, so it's a no-brainer - lose as much as you can and get that player. But don't be hypocrites.

Gosh I hope those coaches and the players they instructed to play poorly don't ever come forward..

Yes, zero titles in ten years. I definitely would sell my soul for that kind of success.

Gosh I hope those coaches and the players they instructed to play poorly don't ever come forward..

lol...so a team that won 36 games in the 3 years prior to 2011 and 33 games since then (with a rookie QB in 2012)...we're all supposed to believe that team tried it's hardest and could only muster 2 wins in 2011, the year when (coincidentally) a generational QB talent was available in the draft? This is hypocrisy. And again - I don't care and I would have wanted my team to do the same thing if they were in the same boat. But spare me the concern about "integrity" when you gleefully purchased your "Suck for Luck!" t-shirt and had a party on draft night (not you personally, but you know what I mean).

Where are you getting your proof from ,I dont believe that they lost on purpose at all,We have proof that the patriots cheated  call it a soap box or whatever but you are wrong and you are rootin for low life cheaters that I would not allow my grandchildren to watch because of their values  are not up to my standards

Didn't you know? We are jealous of all the Superbowls that the Pats have one over the last decade...oh wait...

lol...so a team that won 36 games in the 3 years prior to 2011 and 33 games since then (with a rookie QB in 2012)...we're all supposed to believe that team tried it's hardest and could only muster 2 wins in 2011, the year when (coincidentally) a generational QB talent was available in the draft? This is hypocrisy. And again - I don't care and I would have wanted my team to do the same thing if they were in the same boat. But spare me the concern about "integrity" when you gleefully purchased your "Suck for Luck!" t-shirt and had a party on draft night (not you personally, but you know what I mean).

You do realize most of the people from 2011 we released or fired after that season

You do realize most of the people from 2011 we released or fired after that season

And weren't many of those players on the team that won 36 games in the 3 years prior? Again - this is the type of thing that makes it foolish as a professional sports fan to try to claim any type of moral high ground. Nobody blames teams that tank for a draft pick when there is a legit franchise changing player available. But it's embarrassing to claim that a teams that averaged 12 wins per year for 2008, 2009, and 2010, and then won 11 games per year from 2012 to 2014 (with a rookie QB in 2012) tried it's hardest to win games in 2011 but could only manage to win 2. That's laughable and I suspect you all know it.

At least the Colts don't have a John Deere tractor in their Hall of Fame when the first cheat in 1982 occurred against the Dolphins , when they plowed the snow to kick the winning field goal.

In NE, Mark Henderson, a convict from a work release program road the tractor into infamy. This is a fitting exhibit in this HOF, along with a Tuck Rulebook, Spygate 8 tracks, a copy of the Dummies Guide to Illegal Formations, a ball gauge, and the toilet paper in the stall from the ball boy episode.

All the ones that lost their jobs who would have absolutely nothing to lose to admit we tanked?  

Curtis Painter is a closet HOF QB if you ask me. He really wasn't trying that season.  

Saying the Colts tanked that season is the most asinine thing he has said and he has said a lot of stupid things.

At least the Colts don't have a John Deere tractor in their Hall of Fame when the first cheat in 1982 occurred against the Dolphins , when they plowed the snow to kick the winning field goal.

In NE, Mark Henderson, a convict from a work release program road the tractor into infamy. This is a fitting exhibit in this HOF, along with a Tuck Rulebook, Spygate 8 tracks, a copy of the Dummies Guide to Illegal Formations, a ball gauge, and the toilet paper in the stall from the ball boy episode.

no lie - I was at that game! Those were the days! I bought the tickets on Thursday and went to the game on Sunday...unheard of nowadays.

And weren't many of those players on the team that won 36 games in the 3 years prior? Again - this is the type of thing that makes it foolish as a professional sports fan to try to claim any type of moral high ground. Nobody blames teams that tank for a draft pick when there is a legit franchise changing player available. But it's embarrassing to claim that a teams that averaged 12 wins per year for 2008, 2009, and 2010, and then won 11 games per year from 2012 to 2014 (with a rookie QB in 2012) tried it's hardest to win games in 2011 but could only manage to win 2. That's laughable and I suspect you all know it.

Nothing you have said or will say will hold any water after you admitted you think the Colts tanked in 2011.  

Have fun being hidden.

Everyone said for years that Peyton was the only reason they were winning that many games and I agree with that.  

Luck is the only reason we win 11 games a season. With an average QB we'd win 5-6 games.

Tanking games? Our QB was Dan Orlovsky and we almost won a week 16 game to Jacksonville that would have cost us Luck. Not really tanked on purpose. Both the teams at the end of Peyton's career and beginning of Luck's are terrible with the QB's bailing them out. Your team flat out CHEATED

All the ones that lost their jobs who would have absolutely nothing to lose to admit we tanked?  

Curtis Painter is a closet HOF QB if you ask me. He really wasn't trying that season.  

Saying the Colts tanked that season is the most asinine thing he has said and he has said a lot of stupid things.

Many/most of the same columnists who jumped on the deflategate nonsense were writing articles accusing the Colts of tanking that season. Don't make it out like I'm the only person who believes this. In fact, after Kraft's speech last night, I'll bet there are more people who believe the Colts tanked that season than believe the Pats tampered with balls. Mob justice is fun, eh?