Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots being investigated for Deflating footballs.....(Mega Merge)

RealityIsLuck

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression that he was simply trying to make the point that there is never a single hint or shred of outrage...or even awareness...when similar questions or comparable situations arise about other teams activities. He wasn't saying ,"it's ok every team does it'....he was asking why nobody seems to even pretend to care unless it's the big bad New England Patriots doing it.

Here's this as well. http://espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=nflnation&id=159490

By the wording, heating them is not altering, therefore not illegal. You're not changing the air pressure from when they were first measured and you're not changing the weight. That's why there was no outrage. Got by with a technicality on the wording. Just like belicheck. Only thing refs could do was warn them.

I'm blind, what am I looking at here besides their stadium? I'm assuming sarcasm.

Rosenberg implied in his article that the big screen outside CBS Scene could be seen from the Patriots sideline, and that somehow aided the Patriots in being able to see replays faster than the opposing team...you know....just another example that proves how this team is a bunch of scumbags.

In this picture though, its clear that, in addition to the fact that the advantage that the writer referenced is ludicrous, you cant even see said screen in the first place.

That whole article is a microcosm for how opposing fans and general Patriot-haters drop the 'cheaters' line as a rallying cry even though they dont know what the heck theyre talking about.

Does anyone find it strange that in the history of the BB/Brady era the only evidence that we presently have in regards to underinflated balls are three balls that where all in the possession of the colts players and team personal on the colts sidelines at one time?   And this evidence is evidence claimed by the colts.

More evidence might come out, but it is interesting what we have now and all of the talk that is going on.

Does anyone find it strange that in the history of the BB/Brady era the only evidence that we presently have in regards to underinflated balls are three balls that where all in the possession of the colts players and team personal on the colts sidelines at one time?   And this evidence is evidence claimed by the colts.

More evidence might come out, but it is interesting what we have now and all of the talk that is going on.

Three?  How'd they get three balls to submit?

Does anyone find it strange that in the history of the BB/Brady era the only evidence that we presently have in regards to underinflated balls are three balls that where all in the possession of the colts players and team personal on the colts sidelines at one time? And this evidence is evidence claimed by the colts.

What 3 balls. It is only said that D'qwell took his interception ball to the equipment manager and said something. Other balls that were removed were done so by the officials.

Three?  How'd they get three balls to submit?

I was only referring to the three balls the colts claimed, via Adam Schefter, where deflated.  My earlier post, post #382, in this thread sets forth my thoughts.  With all of the fast posting not sure if all saw my earlier post and just did a refresher post.

What 3 balls. It is only said that D'qwell took his interception ball to the equipment manager and said something. Other balls that were removed were done so by the officials.

I was referring to the two picks in November that via Adam Schefter yesterday, the colts claimed were also deflated.  My post #382 earlier has my thoughts on the manner.  Based on what Adam is saying, presently all that we fans have as "facts" from the media is three balls, but all of those balls were in the possession of the colts at one time.   We will see how things go once the NFL gathers more evidence, if any, beyond what Adam reported yesterday on NFL Insiders.

I was referring to the two picks in November that via Adam Schefter yesterday, the colts claimed were also deflated. My post #382 earlier has my thoughts on the manner. Based on what Adam is saying, presently all that we fans have as "facts" from the media is three balls, but all of those balls were in the possession of the colts at one time. We will see how things go once the NFL gathers more evidence, if any, beyond what Adam reported yesterday on NFL Insiders.

Ok. Ya I'm over it. Just waiting for it all to boil down now and then watch all the "HA, told you" to come out.

Rosenberg implied in his article that the big screen outside CBS Scene could be seen from the Patriots sideline, and that somehow aided the Patriots in being able to see replays faster than the opposing team...you know....just another example that proves how this team is a bunch of scumbags.

In this picture though, its clear that, in addition to the fact that the advantage that the writer referenced is ludicrous, you cant even see said screen in the first place.

That whole article is a microcosm for how opposing fans and general Patriot-haters drop the 'cheaters' line as a rallying cry even though they dont know what the heck theyre talking about.

I know the Patriots were involved in the most prolific cheating scandal in NFL history that resulted in loss of hundreds of thousands of dollars and multiple draft picks but yea I don't know what I'm talking about. Cheaters

I think when the DBs are forced to tackle Gronk, Lafells or Blount then their injuries could become an issue. Thomas has a dislocated shoulder which is a big deal and Sherman a sprained elbow which will prevent him from being able to reach up with his arm. Brady will test them I am sure at the start.

I agree about Wilson. They had the Dlineman on him and also Matthews who really put some licks on him. The Pats have better corners than GB to man up on the outside so they can put 7 in the box to shut down Lynch and also rush Wilson on obvious passing downs. This is the best I have ever felt going into a SB about the way the Pats defense matches up with the opponents offense. There is just no one in the Seattle receiving cop that scares you a little and even Lynch is not a slippery RB. He is a power guy so the Pats just have to wrap up well and gang tackle.

I also think playing Rodgers when he was healthy and Luck twice has helped the Pats to be ready for the running/athletic Qbs.

No doubt a perfect match up. Reminds me of the wild card game between Colts and Beagles

You proved my point again.

Learn to respect others. Enough with your snide and sarcastic comments. It's getting old.

Not a lot of people besides you seem to have much of a problem with me around here. I haven't lasted on a rival team's board for 10 years (without a single ban or warning post, I should add) by being disrespectful to others. I treat people they way they treat other people. And I'll stand behind the reputation I've earned on this site any day of the week. 

That's enough for me on this, Shane. I'm not going to respond to or quote any of your posts anymore. This is a waste of time and it's disrespectful to the hosts of this message board. Maybe you can do the same with me and that will just work out best for everyone. 

Let's leave it at that. No ill will intended here, wishing you and yours health and happiness.

Ok. Ya I'm over it. Just waiting for it all to boil down now and then watch all the "HA, told you" to come out.

I hear yah . . . I find it best to sit back and let all the facts and dust settle.  Regardless of the outcome I just sincerely hope whatever the outcome/result from the NFL is something that all will accept and that it is clear and concise.   Time will tell.  

I know the Patriots were involved in the most prolific cheating scandal in NFL history that resulted in loss of hundreds of thousands of dollars and multiple draft picks but yea I don't know what I'm talking about. Cheaters

It was $500K (Belichick) and $250K (team) and they lost one draft pick, not multiple picks. 

Not a lot of people besides you seem to have much of a problem with me around here. I haven't lasted on a rival team's board for 10 years (without a single ban or warning post, I should add) by being disrespectful to others. I treat people they way they treat other people. And I'll stand behind the reputation I've earned on this site any day of the week.

That's enough for me on this, Shane. I'm not going to respond to or quote any of your posts anymore. This is a waste of time and it's disrespectful to the hosts of this message board. Maybe you can do the same with me and that will just work out best for everyone.

Let's leave it at that. No ill will intended here, wishing you and yours health and happiness.

wise decision

Wish you and yours all health and prosperity

Aaron Rodgers weighs in, http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12201369/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-upset-referees-take-air-footballs

Rodgers says there should be no limit to how much air is in the ball and refs usually deflate the ball more than he would like. Interesting stuff. Credits Manning for allowing QBs to doctor the balls the way they want.

It's only being talked about by people who have no clue about the game of football, and only proof of fools.

Now hold on a second.

First, the Pats were caught cheating. It's well documented, and they were penalized for it. If you want to talk about whether it's a big deal or not, or whether it helped them win games or not, that's a different story. But they were deliberately breaking the rules, AKA, cheating. That's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of fact.

Second, it's interesting that some of the Pats fans in this thread (and others) have a problem with their team being called cheaters, and so on, but are okay insinuating that other posters are fools. That's rather hypocritical.

And now, with this deflated balls thing (by the way, I think I deserve credit for bypassing the crude joke that could be inserted here), if it's found that the Pats organization is responsible for deflating balls, well, that's cheating. Again. We can continue to debate the seriousness of it, or whether it has any bearing on the game, but it would be cheating.

This. You're saying every team had cheated. You're using this as a counter to me pointing out your teams recent history of it. This doesn't excuse your teams cheating cause everyone does it. That is the only point and reason that can be pulled from that statement. If that was not your point then your statement had no bearing on the argument and no reason to be brought up.

That's not strawman, that's simple reasoning. Maybe i'm just over estimating your intelligence to not make senseless comments that have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

That clears up the issue. I was speaking of my original post, while you were referring to a different one. Small distinction, I know. For what its worth, you have my apologies for not picking up on that.

Aaron Rodgers weighs in, http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12201369/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-upset-referees-take-air-footballs

Rodgers says there should be no limit to how much air is in the ball and refs usually deflate the ball more than he would like. Interesting stuff. Credits Manning for allowing QBs to doctor the balls the way they want.

That settles it then. We're good guys this guy's got it. Thanks

I don't think Pat's fans even care if the balls were deflated on purpose.  At least that's the feeling I get after reading these boards and other comments online.  

It is more that the perception of them doing it will stick even if they are exonerated like they were from taping the Rams walk through. Many still believe they did it despite the back page apology of the Herald. Not to mention all the mis-information on spygate that people believe in general. This is a very serious accusation being made by the Colts as the integrity of the game is at stake. I really hope they have a lot more on their side as proof than a LB saying one ball felt kind of flat  ...

It is more that the perception of them doing it will stick even if they are exonerated like they were from taping the Rams walk through. Many still believe they did it despite the back page apology of the Herald. Not to mention all the mis-information on spygate that people believe in general. This is a very serious accusation being made by the Colts as the integrity of the game is at stake. I really hope they have a lot more on their side as proof than a LB saying one ball felt kind of flat  ...

Like a video of BB sticking a needle in a football ?