Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots being investigated for Deflating footballs.....(Mega Merge)

RealityIsLuck

"Berth," Buck, "berth"...  ;)

It's only day two of "Deflategate," but it's starting to have a somewhat galvanizing impact. On both the team and the fan base, I think.

Either way, it's just football. Yesterday at my office, a 25-year-old kid had a heart attack and literally almost died in my arms. When I got to him there were two people already performing CPR. It seemed to take forever for the paramedics to show up. He was losing his color fast, no heartbeat, no pulse. We got his heartbeat back a minute or two before the EMTs arrived and took over. He's recovering and is in good spirits from what his family tells us. 

It's weird how life works out. I was active in discussions about this topic yesterday until that happened. After that... not so much. A little perspective in life is good. Football is great entertainment, but in the end, it's meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

I had a comparable situation yesturday, actually & spent my whole day in an ER waiting room,

Thats why i dont get it, i waste my time on here during my work & school breaks,

But going to other teams boards?

Seems suspect...

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a comparable situation yesturday, actually & spent my whole day in an ER waiting room,

Thats why i dont get it, i waste my time on here during my work & school breaks,

Seems suspect...

For many of the Pats fans you're interacting with here...this IS our home board. Most of us have been here for 10 years now and dont post on Patriots boards.

also, a HUGE thank you to all of the folks stirring this up in the media. This is a wet dream for Belichick going into the Superbowl. You have all given him the ultimate motivation piece. They are at their best when they believe everyone is against them and they can circle the wagons.

So thank you so much for lighting an even bigger fire under the Patriots' backsides

You mean like the 2007 season?.

Only if it is a significant difference. The fact he hasn't had an interception lends credence to him being able to catch that ball. But don't be native to think he never touches a football at all.

That just doesn't make a ton of sense. It was a poor throw right to him. He caught it. I would expect a starting NFL defensive player on a team in the Conference Championship game to make that catch under almost any circumstance. You all watched the game. It's not as if the balls looked visibly deflated, and as stated many times they obviously weren't deflated enough for the refs to notice anything. So essentially, this entire controversy comes down to the word of one defensive player who doesn't routinely handle game balls. It's a pretty flimsy case and I think anyone with an ounce of objectivity would agree. But I fully expect that when the league exonerates the Pats this will all shift into "league cover-up" mode rather than the far more likely scenario that the defensive player was simply mistaken or possibly had an axe to grind against an opponent that had embarrassed his team twice before and was well on its way to making it 3 in a row.

It is interesting you post this. I was listening to the radio last night and a Bears fan called in and said back when the Bears were winning the 80's they had a bad boy rep similar to the Raiders. He was saying the fans should embrace it because what a guy like Bill does to an opponent is he gets him thinking about everything ... every small detail of minutia and it gets into their heads.  

I believe when the Colts intercepted the ball it was 14-0 Pats and all of a sudden the Colts player says hmmm this ball feels kind of flat. He goes to his equipment manager who tells Pagano and then goes to Grigson who calls the NFL. So right there in the second quarter, the Colts are already thinking did the Pats do something? I wonder if they were playing a different team if the Colts player says anything at all but with the Pats you have to question that and it gets the wheels churning. I am not saying it necessarily threw the Colts off so bad that it caused them to lose the way they did as it was 14-0 at the time but it got them thinking and perhaps mentally off their game.

doesnt matter still cheated

Who said the refs removed them from feeling deflated? They most likely removed them from being soaking wet given the weather got significantly worse in the second half vs the first half.

Maybe i pay with different footballs, but footballs are not known to be absorbent are they? Aren't they made to be not absorbent? Plus they dry them off and keep them from the weather in bags.

For many of the Pats fans you're interacting with here...this IS our home board. Most of us have been here for 10 years now and dont post on Patriots boards.

I hope Buck realizes that we have a Pats fan as a mod here. I am proud that we embrace fans from all teams.

Maybe i pay with different footballs, but footballs are not known to be absorbent are they? Aren't they made to be not absorbent? Plus they dry them off and keep them from the weather in bags.

Sure. But many deflate just from use or weather. Balls are removed from play ALL the time.

Seems suspect...

Are you suggesting I'm making up stories now? Fair enough but if this wasn't a PG board I'd tell you exactly where you can put that. I tried sharing a story for the sole purpose of putting this entire fiasco into perspective. 

I spent more time on this MB than others. If I disappear while the Patriots are under scrutiny, wouldn't that be a bit lame of me? Besides, after yesterday, I really don't feel like being at the office today. 

We all deal with things in our own way. I've been around accidents and deaths in a previous line of work. I hope that your own situation worked out as well as it could have, and that your friend or loved one is doing fine. 

they don't deflate from use in a three hour game, and it wasn't even cold the other night

Sure they do. It's not like balls are not removed from games that are over 32 degrees. lol. And cold is not the only thing that causes balls to deflate. Use and inclement weather like raining cats an dogs last night will also cause pressure to decrease.

Sure. But many deflate just from use or weather. Balls are removed from play ALL the time.

Ya, i really dont think it will end up showing they cheated.  If they play at the 12.5 level there are numerous weather affects that could push it below.  But it would have to be somewhere at like 11.5 for it to become really suspicious.

Oh good God man get over it... I'm sorry that I compared Luck's performance to something we'd see out of Dalton. I didn't realize you would take it like I personally insulted every person you care about in life. Luck is light years ahead of Dalton, OK? Not even the same universe. If you guys want to sell that he played a good game on Sunday, super-duper. Yay. 

Luck did not play well Sunday and I was referring to a thread in the Colt forum.

Yeah, most likely the inclement weather. Happens all the time.

You act like this is the first time bad weather has happened in a football game. As Pro Football Talk reported, it is not unusual for a ball or two to be removed. However when several are removed it begs the question 1. How did this happen? and 2. Was it deliberate? it was 50 degrees and rainy not 10 and snowing don't give me that %

You act like this is the first time bad weather has happened in a football game. As Pro Football Talk reported, it is not unusual for a ball or two to be removed. However when several are removed it begs the question 1. How did this happen? and 2. Was it deliberate? it was 50 degrees and rainy not 10 and snowing don't give me that %

What's several? 3? 4? 10?

And how do you know what is the normal amount for balls to be removed especially in bad weather conditions? I have seen games in those weather conditions where many balls are removed.

And how do you know what is the normal amount for balls to be removed especially in bad weather conditions? I have seen games in those weather conditions where many balls are removed.

I think based on who I'm speaking to "several" wouldn't be enough to change your opinion so I believe this is a moo point.

Like PFT said, not uncommon for a couple to be removed in bad conditions, but several is alarming.

And you know... I've never understood that. Especially since the Colts and the Patriots have/had a long standing rivalry. It makes more sense to be on a board that both teams don't "hate" each other. Because, to me, in my opinion, it's trolling in a way. Unless of course everyone minds their manners, but you know that can get out of hand.

"Berth," Buck, "berth"... ;)

It's only day two of "Deflategate," but it's starting to have a somewhat galvanizing impact. On both the team and the fan base, I think.

Either way, it's just football. Yesterday at my office, a 25-year-old kid had a heart attack and literally almost died in my arms. When I got to him there were two people already performing CPR. It seemed to take forever for the paramedics to show up. He was losing his color fast, no heartbeat, no pulse. We got his heartbeat back a minute or two before the EMTs arrived and took over. He's recovering and is in good spirits from what his family tells us.

It's weird how life works out. I was active in discussions about this topic yesterday until that happened. After that... not so much. A little perspective in life is good. Football is great entertainment, but in the end, it's meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

Ironic we get to life talk everytime Pats are in hot waters

It's a catch all option when there is no way to go to the topic in hand. Yeah let's bring in some personal sentimental emotions and shut the people up

Nice work

The Patriots are and have been cheaters for the last 15 years and will continue to be because Kraft's best buddy Roger won't do anything except slap them in the wrist again. More teams will start trying to do this because the potential reward far outweighs the possible punishment. Guys like scumbag Kraft and Bellichick don't care if they have to cheat or not, winning is winning.

Thread/

Are you suggesting I'm making up stories now? Fair enough but if this wasn't a PG board I'd tell you exactly where you can put that. I tried sharing a story for the sole purpose of putting this entire fiasco into perspective. 

I spent more time on this MB than others. If I disappear while the Patriots are under scrutiny, wouldn't that be a bit lame of me? Besides, after yesterday, I really don't feel like being at the office today. 

We all deal with things in our own way. I've been around accidents and deaths in a previous line of work. I hope that your own situation worked out as well as it could have, and that your friend or loved one is doing fine. 

Not trying to minimize your experience at all, or insinuate you are making up stories, quite the opposite actually agreeing with you that it is all perspective...

I'm just stating it always fascinates/baffles the number of pats fans on a Colts board & how the numbers grow exponentially in situations like these...

using the term 'suspect' in my previous post I was alluding to a pats fans motivation to post on a Colts forum, but I guess if patriot fans call a Colts message board home, more power I guess...

for example I've never been on a Jax or a Tenn website...

I did go to a Browns website once, (didn't post) a poster here pointed out that there was some pretty hilarious banter going on, some poster was trolling hard core & fans were biting, & it made for several pages of awesomeness...

(does anyone remember that or what that was even about??? it was like 2-3 years ago, funny, funny stuff)...

Anyways, this whole ordeal was pretty funny at first, but the longer it goes on the more pathetic its going to get, on all sides...

pathetic that the pats would try to get a slight edge by ball-tampering (that's just fun to say)...

pathetic that the colts look like whiners by calling attention to it...

either way good luck on the first...

Awwww boo hoo. Cry me a river. LOL its OK when 3 of "you guys" American , MDJ and another come on "our" forum and agree that Luck compares to Dalton. Nothing more than trolling and trying to inflame.. Now I have to see you whine about 3 or 4 out of probably 30 colt fans that "treat " your fan base poorly. You're kidding me right ?

ohhh how much I love this post!!!!!! Don't forget virilundant or whatever the hell his name is and am football who will kiss Brady's * til the end of time haha

I looked at the Colts stats for the year and saw that D'Qwell Jackson had exactly ZERO interceptions this year. Does it make one iota of sense that a guy who apparently never gets his hands on a football is going to be able to notice what would be a pretty subtle difference in the air pressure inside a football while the referees who have handled balls on every snap of every game they've ever officiated didn't notice this? I'm sorry, but this duck just doesn't fly.

I'm pretty sure that's not the first time DQ ever touched a football. Just saying.

It doesn't take a genius to notice a football feeling deflated anyway.

Not trying to minimize your experience at all, or insinuate you are making up stories, quite the opposite actually agreeing with you that it is all perspective...

I'm just stating it always fascinates/baffles the number of pats fans on a Colts board & how the numbers grow exponentially in situations like these...

using the term 'suspect' in my previous post I was alluding to a pats fans motivation to post on a Colts forum, but I guess if patriot fans call a Colts message board home, more power I guess...

for example I've never been on a Jax or a Tenn website...

I did go to a Browns website once, (didn't post) a poster here pointed out that there was some pretty hilarious banter going on, some poster was trolling hard core & fans were biting, & it made for several pages of awesomeness...

(does anyone remember that or what that was even about??? it was like 2-3 years ago, funny, funny stuff)...

Anyways, this whole ordeal was pretty funny at first, but the longer it goes on the more pathetic its going to get, on all sides...

pathetic that the pats would try to get a slight edge by ball-tampering (that's just fun to say)...

pathetic that the colts look like whiners by calling attention to it...

either way good luck on the first...

My apologies if I misinterpreted your comment. I think I've "liked" many of your posts and find you to be a funny and usually pretty lighthearted guy. 

If I'm being honest, I don't always see eye-to-eye with many fellow Pats fans. Most of them weren't around when we had Hugh Millen throwing passes or good old Dick MacPherson roaming the sidelines. There's an arrogance to the fan base for sure, as one might expect for a team that's had such prolonged success. Problem is, a lot of them have forgotten where we came from. This is a team that was very close to moving to St. Louis before Robert Kraft took over. 

Around 2004, I joined an older version of this board. I like the football talk and I appreciate getting perspectives that aren't cookie-cutter opinions. I like to try to approach any situation from all sides, from all lines of thought, and when it comes to football, I get that here pretty regularly. 

I do post regularly on a Patriots board, and there are a couple of resident Indy fans there who are part of the regular crew. We've kind of taken them in as our own and "adopted" them. They're still Colts fans through and through though. So it does happen.

I agree that this whole thing has just gotten ridiculous. Like I've said though, the damage is done simply through the accusation. No matter what the NFL comes back with, people will just say that Goodell is in Kraft's back pocket, and of course the league is going to cover up for one of its premiere teams. 

Thank you for the good luck wishes. Cheers.

I'm pretty sure that's not the first time DQ ever touched a football. Just saying.

It doesn't take a genius to notice a football feeling deflated anyway.

Apparently it does, as the ref who spotted the ball totally missed it.  Or perhaps the more likely scenario, there was nothing wrong.

Hillarious, no matter what happens now this season will be tainted for the pats!

DEFLATE-GATE...

& i cant say enough how funny it is to see tons of pats fans celebrating their sb birth by defending their teams shady transgressions on a rivals message board.

they prolly haven't posted in their board since they won lol

I was under the impression that he was simply trying to make the point that there is never a single hint or shred of outrage...or even awareness...when similar questions or comparable situations arise about other teams activities. He wasn't saying ,"it's ok every team does it'....he was asking why nobody seems to even pretend to care unless it's the big bad New England Patriots doing it.

prolly cause the ( big bad) New England patriots have already revived the biggest fine in NFL history .

Edited by Nadine
personal shot

I have also been involved in games where the balls in question that were removed were not footballs....I know I felt less of a man after this game as a Colts fan :P

I was under the impression that he was simply trying to make the point that there is never a single hint or shred of outrage...or even awareness...when similar questions or comparable situations arise about other teams activities. He wasn't saying ,"it's ok every team does it'....he was asking why nobody seems to even pretend to care unless it's the big bad New England Patriots doing it.

This is exactly what's going on.  I posted the clip about Rodgers, and I am waiting to see the replies yet no one has even bothered to comment.  Too busy polishing those pitchforks, I guess.