Who would you cut?

12isthenew18

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The defense being fixed isn't going to happen all at once.  We just have to draft better players and have them replace the bottom of our roster and overtake the current starters as starters. . . make our current starters backups until they become free agents. . .

Who do we cut. I got some like to hear everyones opinions

Reggie needs to retire, he cannot get open anymore , no separation at all . I love Reggie but his time is over now, he is just holding a young wr from progressing. We need linebakers that can stop a guy when hitting him instead of being dragged down the field 5 yards waiting for help. We have no none  pass rush and our line is bad, a lot is what we need

After a loss like this, Keep Luck, TY, Moncrief and Vonte....the rest can easily be replaced...

Practically though I think along the lines of many of you.

Landry- ? Guy constantly looks lost, a step behind and can't remember the last impact play he made

Richardson- could give him one more shot but I am not sure why. If two street free agents can cause him to not even be on the active roster, don't know why you would keep him.

Freeman and/or Jackson- we need a thumper inside, someone who can hit, pursue and has some toughness to them. Not the get flagged for taunting kind of toughness, the hit so hard you will think twice about coming up the middle kind of toughness.

Along the d-line- where the heck were our Nose Guards yesterday? Filled no space, made no penetration, didn't keep any lineman from going up field, didn't tackle anybody, didn't do anything useful.... Chapman and Hughes can go.  Jones, maybe Redding are worth keeping. Sure that Redding will be around with his connections to the coach.  

Like to see us cut Manusky loose. Most unprepared team I have seen in a while this past Sunday. Made me think of Ron Meeks, we always were dependent on halftime adjustments for anything to go right.  Can't seem to outcoach anybody.

Who would I cut?

Landry

Toler

Freeman

Jackson

Walden

RJF

Jones

Chapman

Oh wait, that's pretty much the whole defense.  :bag:

Why would you cut Toler?

Davis is a great corner.  Butler is a top 10 Nickel. 

Toler isn't elite but he stayed healthy this year and had several big games.

In other words, Toler was not THE problem last night.  He got beat by Gronk once, yes.  But Gronk beats a lot of good players. 

The defense being fixed isn't going to happen all at once.  We just have to draft better players and have them replace the bottom of our roster and overtake the current starters as starters. . . make our current starters backups until they become free agents. . .

For the most part I agree with this, can't cut guys like Freeman until we have a better option and that starts with drafting better players at the position.  Also guys like Redding, Cribbs and Wayne are out of contract, so just don't resign them.  Richardson has one more year, so they can cut him.