Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Inactives vs Pats(Werner Inactive)

HtownColt

So, uh, outside of Luck (Which was an obvious choice) Grigson isn't building a sparkling reputation with these first round draft picks...

Kinda makes you wonder what everyone else figured out about him that we didn't. For a long time Werner was projected as a top 10, and even a top 5 pick. When the college season ended he started sliding. On draft day Grigson bubbled about how he was so surprised he was still available. 

Did we miss on something?

2014- Trent Richardson

Fixed that for you.

To be fair as well, the guy did just come off a nearly 1000 yard season with 10 TDs. I can't put that on Grigson that Richardson didn't work out. I remember when we made the deal in September of 13, and I was excited as all get out. 

Richardson didn't work out. Ok, cool, I get that. He was a bust for us. Werner though, was a defensive end for a 4-3 defense and they drafted him to be an outside linebacker, which made 0 sense to me. Why not draft a 3-4 OLB who has some experience in the system? 

Werner unfortunately is going the way of Pat Angerer, He's a decent option at his natural position in a 4-3, but in the 3-4 he doesn't thrive at all. 

By whom? Studebaker? Phillips? How PFF has graded them? Even with Walden and Newsome as a starters, you need a backup.

Newsome and Walden are as good or better run stoppers and much better against the pass. Even Phillips is a better pass rusher than Werner is. 

Werner and Richardson may both be on their way out of Indianapolis.