Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nixon missed flight

IndyD4U

Would be more concerned about not having our starting Center than not having three players that were destined for either the inactive list or at most Special Teams. The important and cohesive core is all there and are likely laser focused on the Pats.

I doubt that would be the case for several in the team

for the back up tackle I think it is. I am not going to pretend like all players are viewed as equals. If it's a guy like Luck they would have held the plane but Luck is who he is in part because he would never do something like that. However, if you are a back up lineman and If you can't get to the airport on time for the biggest game of your career then I think the team is fine with giving your roster spot to someone else.

That leaves us with 3 backup O Linemen to go with 5 starters

1.Harrison

2.Arkin

3.Shipley

Arkin has experience at RT...Though not in the NFL, Harrison and Shipley can both fill in at Guard or Center

LT-Castonzo

LG-Mewhort

C-Holmes

RG-Louis

RT-Reitz

That leaves us with 3 backup O Linemen to go with 5 starters

1.Harrison

2.Arkin

3.Shipley

Arkin has experience at RT...Though not in the NFL, Harrison and Shipley can both fill in at Guard or Center

LT-Castonzo

LG-Mewhort

C-Holmes

RG-Louis

RT-Reitz

Mewhort can kick out to tackle if he has to. Either side, if necessary.

this is unbelievable. How do you miss a charter flight on the day before the big game?  Did we activate someone in his place? We are short handed as it is on the O-line. I have never seen  this many distratctions McNary, Trent, and now Nixon) since the night before the Steeler game several years ago when our CB got stabbed in his thigh by his wife. It turned out he scooped up a fumble near the end of the game and was running downfield only to b e caught from behind by a Steeler. One only wonders if not for the domestic dispute, he might have scored a TD. As it turned out, Peyton did not get us close enough for the FG and our then kicker  missed the FG.

this is unbelievable. How do you miss a charter flight on the day before the big game?  Did we activate someone in his place? We are short handed as it is on the O-line. I have never seen  this many distratctions McNary, Trent, and now Nixon) since the night before the Steeler game several years ago when our CB got stabbed in his thigh by his wife. It turned out he scooped up a fumble near the end of the game and was running downfield only to b e caught from behind by a Steeler. One only wonders if not for the domestic dispute, he might have scored a TD. As it turned out, Peyton did not get us close enough for the FG and our then kicker  missed the FG.

He had a 50/50 chance of getting tackled by Ben who said he just guessed which way to go and ended up being correct. Peyton got us to a 45 yard field goal which Vanderjagt missed and never wore the horseshoe again.

@bkravitz: Word on the street is Xavier Nixon's car broke down on the way to the airport. Wasn't going to play, anyway. #WTHR

Okay he's in the NFL why is he driving a 92 Civic? Seriously you make good money, buy a decent car. If you can't do that buy a Moped.

@bkravitz: Word on the street is Xavier Nixon's car broke down on the way to the airport. Wasn't going to play, anyway. #WTHR

I can't find it now but I think Nixon was inactive last week so hard to think he would have been active today. 

From everything I've read neither Nixon nor Richardson were going to be active tonight.

Yeah.. I mean if he were going to play , I think Irsay somehow gets him there. No big deal to charter a small jet and he'd be there in a few hours