Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Of the 4 remaining teams, the Pats have gone the longest without a SB win.

Dustin

Not sure if that matters. The goal is always to win the Super Bowl. Glad they have a shot at it for the 9th time to get to the big dance.

And I believe the Colts are not that far behind, are they in terms of a drought?  ;)

If the Colts are in a drought, then that Pats last decade has been the Dust Bowl 2.0. 

Not sure if that matters. The goal is always to win the Super Bowl. Glad they have a shot at it for the 9th time to get to the big dance.

And I believe the Colts are not that far behind, are they in terms of a drought?  ;)

We have revamped our team less than 3 years ago. Still missing some talent in areas and aren't consistant throughout all games. Patriots have a very talented roster and have for a while now. This year is the "best ever" patriots team. If they do not win = bust.

We have revamped our team less than 3 years ago. Still missing some talent in areas and aren't consistant throughout all games. Patriots have a very talented roster and have for a while now. This year is the "best ever" patriots team. If they do not win = bust.

If the Pats lose to the Colts then it would be a disappointing season but not if they lose the SB. They would be an underdog to either GB or Seattle.

If the Pats lose to the Colts then it would be a disappointing season but not if they lose the SB. They would be an underdog to either GB or Seattle.

Patriots aren't an underdog to Green Bay in my opinion. They may be about even with Seattle if not in Seattle territory, with Seattle given the slight nod.

and from 2009 - 2011 The Pats lost a ton of talent and leadership, really outside of QB, TE and D-Line they had nothing.  The last year or so they've finally restocked with Revis, Browner, Collins, Chandler Jones, LaFell, Edelman, Ridley/Vereen/Blount, Hightower, etc.

I like Belichek and always have. Give him credit for not bragging about his success more importantly teaching his players not to put on Dancing With The Stars every time they get a first down. If I had to choose a coach to play for it would be Belichek because he teaches how to play football and how to be a professional while they are doing it.

I like Belichek and always have. Give him credit for not bragging about his success more importantly teaching his players not to put on Dancing With The Stars every time they get a first down. If I had to choose a coach to play for it would be Belichek because he teaches how to play football and how to be a professional while they are doing it.

teach them spygate is great coach ?

It's been frustrating as a Patriots fan to see them reach two Super Bowls (2007, 2011) without a victory, and lose in three other conference title games (2006, 2012, 2013), since their last championship. 

It's also made a lot of us realize that more goes into it sometimes beyond talent, opportunity, and hard work. When you get down to it, the Patriots won three Super Bowls by a combined 9 points, and lost two by a combined 7. So 16 points has decided those five games. The slimmest of margins. 

Even Saturday's win for NE, as great as it was, probably never would have happened if the Patriots hadn't recovered those two fumbles (Amendola's on the kickoff, Edelman's on a catch-and-run) in the first half. Those would have really buried them and I'm not sure they could have recovered.

Point being, you have to be good, but sometimes you also need the bounces. 

All you can do is keep grinding and try to earn more chances at it, which is the spot they're in this year. 

It's been frustrating as a Patriots fan to see them reach two Super Bowls (2007, 2011) without a victory, and lose in three other conference title games (2006, 2012, 2013), since their last championship. 

It's also made a lot of us realize that more goes into it sometimes beyond talent, opportunity, and hard work. When you get down to it, the Patriots won three Super Bowls by a combined 9 points, and lost two by a combined 7. So 16 points has decided those five games. The slimmest of margins. 

Even Saturday's win for NE, as great as it was, probably never would have happened if the Patriots hadn't recovered those two fumbles (Amendola's on the kickoff, Edelman's on a catch-and-run) in the first half. Those would have really buried them and I'm not sure they could have recovered.

All you can do is keep grinding and try to earn more chances at it, which is the spot they're in this year. 

Very well-written post!  It takes a lot to win a Super Bowl.  You need health, depth, and even some luck (Luck?), and even if those things are all in your favour, it could still be a very close win or loss.

I like Belichek and always have. Give him credit for not bragging about his success more importantly teaching his players not to put on Dancing With The Stars every time they get a first down. If I had to choose a coach to play for it would be Belichek because he teaches how to play football and how to be a professional while they are doing it.

Did he teach his QB to get in an officials face and yell at him during a tantrum, and your TE to purposely slam a guy into a camera crane then brag about it later by saying, " I had to throw him out the club, hue hue hue...."

Very well-written post!  It takes a lot to win a Super Bowl.  You need health, depth, and even some luck (Luck?), and even if those things are all in your favour, it could still be a very close win or loss.

Thank you sir.

The "Luck" pun opportunities are almost overwhelming, aren't they? LOL...  ;)

Did he teach his QB to get in an officials face and yell at him during a tantrum, and your TE to purposely slam a guy into a camera crane then brag about it later by saying, " I had to throw him out the club, hue hue hue...."

Do you actually, you know, comment on any posts that involve your team? Or do you just find Patriots threads in the general section and decide to be a total troll?

Honest question, the only times I've ever seen you show up is in NE threads. In fairness I don't venture out of "general" too often.

Thank you sir.

The "Luck" pun opportunities are almost overwhelming, aren't they? LOL...  ;)

They get old really fast haha.  Luck-y play, Colts have good Luck in win, who needs skill when you have Luck....now I've been staring at the word for so long that it looks funny to me.  Luck.....weird..... :woah:

They get old really fast haha.  Luck-y play, Colts have good Luck in win, who needs skill when you have Luck....now I've been staring at the word for so long that it looks funny to me.  Luck.....weird..... :woah:

Sort of like the "Blount rolls" headlines when the big guy plays well.  ;)

Not that talent isn't important because the Raiders arn't winning a championship anytime soon.  But when you start getting deep into the playoffs a lot of luck is often involved.  

Which team has it's best players still available to them and which team's players are on IR.  Does your talented player make the catch or does the pressure get to him and he drops it?  

This is one of the reasons I don't strongly buy into measuring players or even coaches by playoff success.  Sample size is just too small.  Then add to the fact that it's better to be one and done in the playoffs then not get there at all.  

They will be underdogs vs either team especially Seattle.

Even if GB makes it to the SB, Rodgers would likely still not be 100%, which the Patriots could easily use to their advantage. That's what concerns me if the Packers get to the Super Bowl. From what I heard during the game on Sunday Rodgers' injury is one that takes months to heal, and he's playing each week with that injury.

Even if GB makes it to the SB, Rodgers would likely still not be 100%, which the Patriots could easily use to their advantage. That's what concerns me if the Packers get to the Super Bowl. From what I heard during the game on Sunday Rodgers' injury is one that takes months to heal, and he's playing each week with that injury.

He played very well with it vs Dallas. He is still great from the pocket. Still, I think he gets crushed by Seattle. He has been pretty average to lousy on the road this year and Seattle beat him good in week one ...

They will be underdogs vs either team especially Seattle.

Odds to win the 2015 Super Bowl XLIX  

Seattle Seahawks                                  5/4

New England Patriots                            9/5

Green Bay Packers                                11/2

Indianapolis Colts                                  7/1

The Patriots will not be underdogs to the Packers.

The latter didn't happen (but keep believing that); secondly, your former QB used to whine at the refs all the time, but Colt fans never had an issue then.

The latter didn't happen (but keep believing that); secondly, your former QB used to whine at the refs all the time, but Colt fans never had an issue then.

The latter happened. There's video evidence that wasn't destroyed by the office of the commissioner. You also didn't answer the question about Brady touching and screaming at an official. Whining about no calls and screaming and touching officials because you got thrown on your butt are two different things.

The latter happened. There's video evidence that wasn't destroyed by the office of the commissioner. You also didn't answer the question about Brady touching and screaming at an official. Whining about no calls and screaming and touching officials because you got thrown on your butt are two different things.

Brown hit the ground and bumped into the equipment (which Colt fans STILL haven't explained why it was so close to the sideline). He wasn't thrown into it.

Secondly, Brady never touched the ref. not only that, as proven elsewhere in this forum, Brady was angry that a Ravens player poked his eye and broke a blood vessel.

Depends on how healthy Rodger is. If he is still hurt than Pats are prob the fav.

Do you actually, you know, comment on any posts that involve your team? Or do you just find Patriots threads in the general section and decide to be a total troll?

Honest question, the only times I've ever seen you show up is in NE threads. In fairness I don't venture out of "general" too often.

Hmmm I'm confused, am I being called a troll by a pats fan on a COLTS forum? How ironic.......

I post quite a bit, thanks for asking! I post mainly in the COLTS football thread though, but due to the game this coming weekend, I thought I'd check what was being discussed here in general, guess I should have brought my hip waders, it's getting deep in here. Sorry if I struck a nerve, just like to call a spade a spade. In fact, I have seen you post in many Colts football threads, so not sure how me posting in general threads about the pats is any different then you posting in a COLTS football thread about the Colts? Apparently, we're not that different, you and I! :)

Hmmm I'm confused, am I being called a troll by a pats fan on a COLTS forum? How ironic.......

I post quite a bit, thanks for asking! I post mainly in the COLTS football thread though, but due to the game this coming weekend, I thought I'd check what was being discussed here in general, guess I should have brought my hip waders, it's getting deep in here. Sorry if I struck a nerve, just like to call a spade a spade. In fact, I have seen you post in many Colts football threads, so not sure how me posting in general threads about the pats is any different then you posting in COLTS football thread? Apparently, we're not that different, you and I! :)

Except that he doesn't troll, as you consistently do.

You do realize that one can troll regardless of one's team affiliation, yes?

I've never seen a team so lucky as the colts. They get #1 manning and all they needed was to build a team around him. Then he moves on and they just happen to have the number one pick to get Luck. Just luck luck lucky. icky

I wonder if Luck is even in the genealogy books. With my luck it is.

ah well, Pats got lucky with a 6th rounder.  The Lucky6

Except that he doesn't troll, as you consistently do.

You do realize that one can troll regardless of one's team affiliation, yes?

I wouldn't say consistently......i only started posting in this general section again yesterday. So disputing some of the nonsense you guys post while looking through your rose colored glasses is trolling? gotcha! I thought this was a forum for discussion/debate? If someone disagrees with a pats fan, they're automatically a troll? Gotcha.

That has nothing to do with what the line will be if the SB is Pats/Packers. The bigger indicator is that the Pats have to go through the Colts in Foxboro, while the Packers have to try to beat the Seahawks in Seattle.

I wouldn't say consistently......i only started posting in this general section again yesterday. So disputing some of the nonsense you guys post while looking through your rose colored glasses is trolling? gotcha! I thought this was a forum for discussion/debate? If someone disagrees with a pats fan, they're automatically a troll? Gotcha.

When all that you do is regurgitate spygate and prove that you don't understand it?

Yeah, trolling.