Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What is up with Skip Bayless?

James

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bahahahaha I am loving watching skip the dip cry right now about the call on Dez Bryant, boo hoo hoo.....catch or not, karma a $&@%#!!!!!!.can't wait to hear what he says about the COLTS game!

I was thinking the same exact thing.  What comes around goes around and the sad thing is that is the rule it wasn't a catch.

Actually, the attention isn't as bad as you guys think. One of the rules of power is to protect your reputation at all costs, as well as to say less to reduce the chance of saying something foolish. Skip has not followed those rules. He's said way to many foolish statements that have all blown up in his face. And the result of that is a reputation for being a troll and being known as the "Tebow" guy. He'll never live that down. Nor will he live down being so wrong about RGIII and Luck.

Because of that he loses all credibility as a sports analyst. Sure ESPN will still have him on, and he'll still get paid, but the future discussions will be hilarious because whenever he says something ridiculous, the response will be "Hey weren't you that guy who thought Tebow was great, and that RGIII would be better than Luck?"

Plus he's the head of the "Anti-Andrew Luck Group", so him getting his words shoved in his face will probably put an end to the major criticism that Luck gets. It's cutting off the head of a serpent.

Ok so according to Skip the Dip the Colts efforts didn't win the game, the Broncos simply stopped playing after the first touchdown they scored? lol what a joke this weasel is.....he also said he hopes Luck throws 3 more pics next weekend against his almighty patriots......what a tool. I know I shouldn't let him get to me but grrrrrrer he pushes the right buttons!!!!!!

I don't have Twitter, but can somebody Tweet him and tell him to knock off the act already!  Everybody knows the show is a joke, and his opinion can't be taken seriously.  Not a hater, but some of the things he says have me SMH.  I have more logical opinions than Skip.  I know how to get under people's skin.  Can I join the set with Stephen A and Skip?  Keep them both in line, and make the show not as a "debate".  I understand nobody wants to hear everybody just agree on the same topic, but to come up with absurd statements, to get a reaction out of viewers isn't what sports analysis is about, it's not a reality TV show!

if you click his tweet and read everything underneath it, it's everyone telling him to Shut the F up. I follow him (for what reason I don't know) because it's comical to me.

Skip Bayless does it for attention. Its all about ratings. Everytime he says something dumb, it sparks a controversy, goes on youtube, forums, social media, sports websites and bam! ESPN has made a load of money from all their advertising.

Its simple, quit talking about skip and he will make less money and get less attention.

I honestly think a network like ESPN would want to not bring down the rest of the network like that. Shlereth just said he talks nonsense and it goes in one ear and out the other. Is there no one else that can fill that time slot with a respectable view like PTI or Around the Horn? To me they are bringing down the unbiased/good analysts for the sake of making a few extra bucks. You are already on top ESPN, why let someone bring yourself down to that level. A network as established as ESPN should not want to hurt the memory of Stuart Scott by letting Skip spew his ridiculous, and sometimes dangerous opinions (Manziel's "alcoholism") on the same network when the next Stuart Scott could be waiting in the wings.

Ok so according to Skip the Dip the Colts efforts didn't win the game, the Broncos simply stopped playing after the first touchdown they scored? lol what a joke this weasel is.....he also said he hopes Luck throws 3 more pics next weekend against his almighty patriots......what a tool. I know I shouldn't let him get to me but grrrrrrer he pushes the right buttons!!!!!!

Skip Bayless is my favorite comedian!  He is one of the greats :)  Didn't get to hear his take on the game, but if thats what he was saying, it is blatently obvious the show is put on directly to get people worked up and to receive ratings!  I can't believe people don't see that by now.  Colts won that football game, hands down!  Gave 110% effort, and simply outplayed/outcoached them all around. 

Gee Skip I wonder why Manning was overthrowing every WR?  Lets see because we played press man with great coverage, and forced him to throw the ball deep.  He just wasn't on!  Our LB's kept everything in front of them and came up for a sure tackle.  Luck threw 2 INT's that he didn't seem to care, because it was just him taking a shot downfield on 3rd down.  Skippy still wants Luck to 1 up himself, but all game long he made smart decisions.  I see why he hates Luck, because he has always hated him, and he desperately wants to be right.  Just doesn't know when to cut his losses and admit Luck is a star, when he wanted it to be RG3.

I honestly think a network like ESPN would want to not bring down the rest of the network like that. Shlereth just said he talks nonsense and it goes in one ear and out the other. Is there no one else that can fill that time slot with a respectable view like PTI or Around the Horn? To me they are bringing down the unbiased/good analysts for the sake of making a few extra bucks. You are already on top ESPN, why let someone bring yourself down to that level. A network as established as ESPN should not want to hurt the memory of Stuart Scott by letting Skip spew his ridiculous, and sometimes dangerous opinions (Manziel's "alcoholism") on the same network when the next Stuart Scott could be waiting in the wings.

The show is built for drama.  Its on during late morings while most adults are working.  The people who feed off that stuff also love soap opra's (ironically enough are on during the day, when logical minded people are working).  The show is one of a kind, directed toward a certain audience, that love to argue.  I think ESPN is so genious because people know the show is crap, but they still have an audience.  Just like "reality TV" just meant for entertainment, not really for a good analysis, which is on during primetime or early evening.

Skip is not to be taken serious.

However, I think the argument can be made that the Colts would have been better off keeping Manning and trading the Luck pick.  I'm not saying they should have done that, so no need to pile on me. 

Since Peyton had been taking the Colts to 10-14 wins with lousy defensive teams, it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if they would have traded the luck pick for one of the offers that was out there.   They had full drafts plus being offered.   Nearly a Hershel Walker type deal.   Not quite of course, but being able to have a teams draft in order to pick defense would be nice.  

Taking Luck, Fleener, Allen, Hilton, Ballard, Brazil, Brazil with 7 of the first 8 picks was what the Colts needed to do with their draft. 

Having 6-8 picks to use on the defensive side would have been nice.   Makes me wonder where Manning could have taken us in 2012, 2013 and 2014.  

However, I think the argument can be made that the Colts would have been better off keeping Manning and trading the Luck pick.  I'm not saying they should have done that, so no need to pile on me. 

Since Peyton had been taking the Colts to 10-14 wins with lousy defensive teams, it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if they would have traded the luck pick for one of the offers that was out there.   They had full drafts plus being offered.   Nearly a Hershel Walker type deal.   Not quite of course, but being able to have a teams draft in order to pick defense would be nice.  

Taking Luck, Fleener, Allen, Hilton, Ballard, Brazil, Brazil with 7 of the first 8 picks was what the Colts needed to do with their draft. 

Having 6-8 picks to use on the defensive side would have been nice.   Makes me wonder where Manning could have taken us in 2012, 2013 and 2014.

Im sooooo glad your last name isnt Irsay or Grigson.

However, I think the argument can be made that the Colts would have been better off keeping Manning and trading the Luck pick. I'm not saying they should have done that, so no need to pile on me.

Since Peyton had been taking the Colts to 10-14 wins with lousy defensive teams, it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if they would have traded the luck pick for one of the offers that was out there. They had full drafts plus being offered. Nearly a Hershel Walker type deal. Not quite of course, but being able to have a teams draft in order to pick defense would be nice.

Taking Luck, Fleener, Allen, Hilton, Ballard, Brazil, Brazil with 7 of the first 8 picks was what the Colts needed to do with their draft.

Having 6-8 picks to use on the defensive side would have been nice. Makes me wonder where Manning could have taken us in 2012, 2013 and 2014.

Peyton wouldn't have made it through his first season back with the Oline Luck had to play behind, his career may have been cut short, jmo of course.

I understand where you are coming from, but you cannot pass on a talent like Luck when you have an injured aging QB.  Just can't do it.  Peyton has had a better team in Denver and has still failed to win a SB with them.  Buffalo, Houston, Cleveland, etc have very good teams but missed the playoffs because they don't have a good QB.  Opportunities to draft a Luck like talent are very rare, just ask the Browns.

Look at the teams that played this weekend, each had a franchise-level QB.  The Championship Games arguably  have the 4 best QBs in the league.  Passing up Andrew Luck would have been a colossal mistake in a QB-driven league.  You can always build a defense but finding a QB can take years.  Just ask Buffalo, NYJ, Houston, TN, Oak, TB, Cleveland, etc

Peyton wouldn't have made it through his first season back with the Oline Luck had to play behind, his career may have been cut short, jmo of course.

I'm thinking an o-line could have been drafted with the wealth of picks that would have been gained.

I'm just being hypothetical here. 

I'm thinking an o-line could have been drafted with the wealth of picks that would have been gained.

I'm just being hypothetical here. 

You wouldn't have gotten more than Washington did for RGIII, and even if you did, it wouldn't be in one or two drafts, but spread over 3 or 4 or 5.  Manning would have been retired before you even got to make all the picks.  Not to mention that he would be in a Bruce Arians offense predicated on 7 step drops and pushing the ball downfield (which he couldn't do) behind a line which couldn't protect him, and oh, BTW, you wouldn't have Reggie Wayne or Donnie Avery to throw to ($) or Robert Mathis and Cory Redding to rush the passer and play defense ($).  That 2012 team might actually have been worse than the 2011 team (mild exaggeration).  Regardless, another 1st round pick wouldn't change that.  

As much as I loved having Peyton, it made no sense not to take Andrew given the opportunity (therefore, letting Peyton go). The Colts had another "once in a franchise" opportunity to draft someone with talent similar to Peyton's. It was a perfect storm of sorts. My wife kept talking about how we'll keep Peyton because of this, that and the other thing (all sentimental points). She was looking at the situation from an emotional point of view. The logical choice was to let Peyton go.

However, in a fantasy world, looking to win immediately with no concern for the long term future, with unlimited funds (or Peyton playing for a $1.00), I think we would have fared very well these last couple of years with Peyton.

You wouldn't have gotten more than Washington did for RGIII, and even if you did, it wouldn't be in one or two drafts, but spread over 3 or 4 or 5.  Manning would have been retired before you even got to make all the picks.  Not to mention that he would be in a Bruce Arians offense predicated on 7 step drops and pushing the ball downfield (which he couldn't do) behind a line which couldn't protect him, and oh, BTW, you wouldn't have Reggie Wayne or Donnie Avery to throw to ($) or Robert Mathis and Cory Redding to rush the passer and play defense ($).  That 2012 team might actually have been worse than the 2011 team (mild exaggeration).  Regardless, another 1st round pick wouldn't change that.  

Actually that is not true.   There were at least 2 teams offering up their entire 2012 draft for the Colts 2012 #1 pick.   I want to say Cleveland and Oakland, but the Jags may have been one too. 

Actually that is not true.   There were at least 2 teams offering up their entire 2012 draft for the Colts 2012 #1 pick.   I want to say Cleveland and Oakland, but the Jags may have been one too. 

If we would have traded that pick and the Jags got Luck, we would be in a heap of trouble today.