Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lions got robbed

bestQBever

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should've been offsetting penalties if anything.. Lions receiver had his hand in the defender's facemask.  Also, I find it pretty silly that so many are blaming the Lions' loss on the refs when they only managed 6pts after the first quarter.  I suppose there were horrible calls on all of those other drives too.

I guess, but still in bad taste, youre the Govenor of a state whose team is division rivals with, im not going to be seen hugging & jumping aroundcthe suite with the owner...

Stupid, thoughtless move for a public official, root for the Cowboys all day fron your home just dont make it public...

Didn't see that. The New York Post and Daily News will have a field day with this on the front pages tomorrow.

What I find funny is Cowboys' fans in mass claiming everyone complaining about the call are just haters ...  whats wrong with simply wanting a clean officiating game?   

No doubt about it if the Cowboys were in the position of the Lions everyone of those fans would be complaining about the call too!

I want Dallas. They match up better with Seattle.

Panthers gave the Seahawks a pretty tough game this year too.They have before in the past I believe too. 

Not saying Carolina wins. But, lol if they did beat the defending champs......omg.

Carolina defensively has been a lot better.....it's just the fact they have a crap record I groan so bad.

What I find funny is Cowboys' fans in mass claiming everyone complaining about the call are just haters ... whats wrong with simply wanting a clean officiating game?

No doubt about it if the Cowboys were in the position of the Lions everyone of those fans would be complaining about the call too!

They are an entitled fan base like the Steelers. Instead of admitting they got a break , they are arrogant. I hope GB lights them up.

Do you have a pic of when the Dallas defender was grabbing the Lions players jersey just a little before that?

The hand checking was going both ways.  I'm not aware of the rule that states that jersey pulling trumps hands to the face but whatever. The purpose of the pic is to show a possible reason why the flag was picked up. To my understanding, the back judge negated the foul and would've been the one to see this face mask penalty. I have no idea if it was handled exactly right but I'm pretty sure its not a part of some grand conspiracy to "job" the poor lions. The experts here may disagree.

It could have been off setting i guess. I still think it was DPI. But i don't buy the "Jerry paid the officials" line of thinking

I don't really either. But the scenario played out in a very sketchy manner. Easy enough for one person with the wrong agenda to sway the situation.

Not that Jerry paid someone off though. I would easily believe this happened based on a ref trying to make money based on the outcome though. And even then I find that unlikely.

The hand checking was going both ways. I'm not aware of the rule that states that jersey pulling trumps hands to the face but whatever. The purpose of the pic is to show a possible reason why the flag was picked up. To my understanding, the back judge negated the foul and would've been the one to see this face mask penalty. I have no idea if it was handled exactly right but I'm pretty sure its not a part of some grand conspiracy to "job" the poor lions. The experts here may disagree.

If there's two fouls. It's offsetting penalties and you replay the down. This only benefited the Cowboys so you can't negate the DPI.

Thus. Nothing in that image absolves the situation.

So they blew it twice? Or the very least offsetting penalties?

I did see the face mask on a recent replay but yet they should have called offset. Maybe that's why the pick up but so they didn't give the explanation - or in this case none:)

As t o the totality of all the plays in the game that call is miniscule. It's just that it stands out more. par for the course.

I did see the face mask on a recent replay but yet they should have called offset. Maybe that's why the pick up but so they didn't give the explanation - or in this case none:)

As t o the totality of all the plays in the game that call is miniscule. It's just that it stands out more. par for the course.

Offsetting penalties. Replay 3rd down? Is that what you're trying to say? Because you can't negate one penalty by finding another one. You can only offset them which didn't happen.

And if you think that sequence was minuscule. You're out of your mind.

If there's two fouls. It's offsetting penalties and you replay the down. This only benefited the Cowboys so you can't negate the DPI.

Thus. Nothing in that image absolves the situation.

At first it was an blatant DPI that was ignored now its offsetting penalties that were let go rather than replaying the down. I don't know if I agree with the call but I do think it absolves the league and refs from any accusations of bias or fixing.. It was a judgement call that went against the Lions who, as I mentioned above, scored 6 pts in the last three quarters. The call going against them was tough but its not why they lost.

Offsetting penalties. Replay 3rd down? Is that what you're trying to say? Because you can't negate one penalty by finding another one. You can only offset them which didn't happen.

And if you think that sequence was minuscule. You're out of your mind.

Hey the shank punt was a great play. The Romo drive for the TD was horrible play, Sack and fumble on Matt was great.

How many plays you want to go thru?

I will give you replay the down if that's what was intended. Or that another ref simply didn't see PI.

At first it was an blatant DPI that was ignored now its offsetting penalties that were let go rather than replaying the down. I don't know if I agree with the call but I do think it absolves the league and refs from any accusations of bias or fixing.. It was a judgement call that went against the Lions who, as I mentioned above, scored 6 pts in the last three quarters. The call going against them was tough but its not why they lost.

It absolves nothing lol. You can't just decide to ignore two penalties. Especially after calling and announcing one. It doesn't work like that.

Hey the shank punt was a great play. The Romo drive for the TD was horrible play, Sack and fumble on Matt was great.

How many plays you want to go thru?

I will give you replay the down if that's what was intended. Or that another ref simply didn't see PI.

Hey that shank punt doesn't happen if they call it right. Hey that Romo drive also doesn't happen. Hey Matt also also doesn't fumble because that doesn't happen.

See how that works?

I don't know how anyone could say that PI non call didnt effect the outcome. I don't believe in Vegas fixes but that call alone made me believe. You can't announce a call on the microphone and then pick up flag when that was a clear PI! There is rules against that. And Dez arguing with red when he's not even on defense? Doesn't matter if lions had a chance to score or not refs would've called it back. That game was a clear I mean there is no hiding it that Vegas and money controls outcome of games. I hope no one has money on the colts from here on out so we can so the superbowl!

Incompetence is more in line with what I was thinking.

I think its been completely overblown.  The Lions had their chances. The call wasn't egregious.  There is the possibility that the refs decided that having your face mask pulled makes it difficult to turn and play the ball..I don't know why they decided what they did.  I do know that the response has been disproportionate to the magnitude of the error (assuming there was one).

Watching NFL network and Michael Irvin was saying the refs were just picking up the flag because the bottom line is to get the call right and it wasn't PI.  Marshall disagreed with him.  Irvin & Sanders are clowns and really add nothing to the show except being rude and talking over everyone else.  It even appears that Rich Eisen is becoming fed up with Irvin.

Hey that shank punt doesn't happen if they call it right. Hey that Romo drive also doesn't happen. Hey Matt also also doesn't fumble because that doesn't happen.

See how that works?

and the INT before the half that gave a boost to Dallas. What happens after a call does matter because it can. Even if it was called we have no idea what the plays would be, good or bad.

Looks like I'm not quite in the minority anyway..at least not one ;)