Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jerraud Powers Out For The Season...

Malakai432

The hits just keep on coming, Polian just said Johnson's injury is long term too. So we are down to Rucker, Thomas, and Lacey at CB? I would look for one if not two to be added this week.

Yeah good point, I'm also not sure what's up with Angerers injury, doesn't sound to serious but it wouldn't surprise me if he misses next game or two for that matter.

Yeah good point, I'm also not sure what's up with Angerers injury, doesn't sound to serious but it wouldn't surprise me if he misses next game or two for that matter.

Polian said he wasn't sure how bad Angerer or Edds injuries were yesterday. His normal they haven't talked to the doctors yet, but yet some how he knew Johnson and Powers injuries were serious. I guess Polian could only talk to the doctor about two of them before the show :).

Why are the football gods so angry at us? Guess we need more SEC players on the team!

why the three we do have all been hurt this season, Nevis, Powers, and Addai?

I mean that as a half joke, clearly I know how loaded the SEC is but having SEC guys isn't going to fix our injury bug by it's self.

I mean that as a half joke, clearly I know how loaded the SEC is but having SEC guys isn't going to fix our injury bug by it's self.

I think even if we had super heroes on the team, they would probably still find some way to get injured. Iron Man would short circuit himself, the Incredible Hulk would have an aneurism, Superman would probably leave kryptonite in his pocket and Spiderman would suffocate and comatose himself with his tight costume.

The Colts just said they claimed Zach Diles (outside linebacker) from Tampa Bay and wavied Mike McNeal. This despite Polian not being able to talk to the doctor about the injury issues and not knowing how bad the injuries to Edds and Angerer are...

Just confirming to us what most already know Polian is less than honest on his show.

I think even if we had super heroes on the team, they would probably still find some way to get injured. Iron Man would short circuit himself, the Incredible Hulk would have an aneurism, Superman would probably leave kryptonite in his pocket and Spiderman would suffocate and comatose himself with his tight costume.

Thor would drop his hammer on his foot and miss the season...

The Colts just said they claimed Zach Diles (outside linebacker) from Tampa Bay and wavied Mike McNeal. This despite Polian not being able to talk to the doctor about the injury issues and not knowing how bad the injuries to Edds and Angerer are...

Just confirming to us what most already know Polian is less than honest on his show.

Pretty much whatever Polian says, i assume that the opposite is true, these days...

Did I just hear Bill Polian defending the 3rd and 14 situation where we ran the ball yesterday???????????????? :tvsmash: :pullhair:

enh with a back up QB I don't mind that call so much. If it were Peyton and we did that I would be mad but frankly with a back up QB that's where INTs come from because the defense can pin their ears back and come at you and that's when back up QBs tend to make mistakes.

enh with a back up QB I don't mind that call so much. If it were Peyton and we did that I would be mad but frankly with a back up QB that's where INTs come from because the defense can pin their ears back and come at you and that's when back up QBs tend to make mistakes.

Yeah but at the same time I fully don't expect them to run it on every 3rd and long, I hope not at least lol...

I think only Chuck Norris and Tim Tebow could make it though an entire season.

Oh no... Cut Hayden, there goes the number 1, Cut Tryon there goes the number 2 (during the season), now the new number 1 and an underrated CB in Powers is out. Our pass defense just got worse...if that's possible.

Oh no... Cut Hayden, there goes the number 1, Cut Tryon there goes the number 2 (during the season), now the new number 1 and an underrated CB in Powers is out. Our pass defense just got worse...if that's possible.

Power was our number one last year and Tryon was never our number two other than by injury. He was number two in fans minds this year but the Colts never used him as the number two corner. Also Tryon got cut because he was starting to shoot his mouth off. With that said I am not sure he was wrong about everything.

In the initial article link of this topic , besides talking about the IR'd corners it discusses & I quote

In another roster move, the Colts have claimed linebacker Zac Diles, who was waived by Tampa Bay.

His addition is a reaction to starting middle linebacker Pat Angerer (knee) and backup A.J. Edds (foot) suffering injuries against the Patriots.

Polian dishonest? You are saying that just because it is true.

Power was our number one last year and Tryon was never our number two other than by injury. He was number two in fans minds this year but the Colts never used him as the number two corner. Also Tryon got cut because he was starting to shoot his mouth off. With that said I am not sure he was wrong about everything.

What's everyone getting worried about? All our DB's need is a little experience. Look at how well we develop them. Giordano, starting in Oakland, Hughes starting nickel in San Diego. Hayden, playing for the Falcons and Tim Jennings starting for the Bears.

That's what I meant, he was the 2nd best CB in my opinion.

Not only that, but SEC players' performance on the NFL level is a little overrated anyway.

Last year's Pro Bowl team had 18 guys from the ACC....12 from the SEC....and 11 from the PAC 12.

http://www.bcinterru...h-18-selections

The NFL All-Pro voting....which doesn't allow for fan's ballot-stuffing....had the SEC with only 8 players out of 54 selected to the more respected All-Pro team.

http://www.nfl.com/n...-ap-allpro-team

And the even more exclusive Sporting News All-Pro team....voted on by a panel of 50 NFL coaches and executives...had only 3 SEC players out of 26 selected..

http://aol.sportingn...fl-all-pro-team

were these coaches and executives the same guys who fell for the CBS-ESPN hype and drafted all those SEC guys?

Just asking.

Why sure.....and you forgot to include the Colts Forum hype too.

But it doesn't matter....all 3 of those all-star accolades weigh results at the NFL level with different voting methodology...and the SEC comes in no better than a distant 2nd among college conferences.

Conclusion - the player and his system integration on his NFL team is FAR more important than the conference they come from.

It is unreasonable to think that merely drafting a player from a particular conference in of and by itself is the determining metric. No NFL executive is that stupid. It is just as stupid to not draft a player because of any preconcieved notion about the conference. Players get drafted because of ability and a team's projection of their ability to play. The best drafting is getting the best player and not use a rigid, my system or the highway criteria using only one specific size, weight, race criteria.

I'd say that couldn't be possible. Powers is a big miss but let's face it, it just doesn't matter now.