Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sunday Nfl Countdown Is Ripping The Colts, And I Love It

objectivecoltsfan

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did too but I mean who out of all the players wanted to, or better yet how many of em actually agreed with giving it up ?

NO player EVER wants to give it up.

Think about it, Won 14, ahead during 15, pulled in the 3rd quarter. You been busting your tail for over a half, and coach says, OK, we're done....WHAT ? ! ?

I wanted to go for it and wished we had. but the truth is that resting our starters was the smart thing. the goal is to win the sb. 16-0 means nothing in reality. the sb is the goal and if one of your players got hurt in a meaningless game (like welker in 09 for the patriots) than that is unforgiveable. the goal is to just win the sb, not look sexy on the way to doing it.

I wanted to go for it and wished we had. but the truth is that resting our starters was the smart thing. the goal is to win the sb. 16-0 means nothing in reality. the sb is the goal and if one of your players got hurt in a meaningless game (like welker in 09 for the patriots) than that is unforgiveable. the goal is to just win the sb, not look sexy on the way to doing it.

Football is a game, anyone with a competitive bone in their body would want to go down as the greatest to ever do it if given the chance. You're wrong.

Football is a game, anyone with a competitive bone in their body would want to go down as the greatest to ever do it if given the chance. You're wrong.

He's not wrong, he just has a different opinion than you do and I agree with supreme. It would have been nice to go 16-0 but ultimately it wouldn't have mattered since we couldn't win the SB. And no, pulling the starters at the end of the regular season had nothing to do with losing the SB.

The only thing I"ll remember about that season was losing to the frekin Saints

Agreed.

He's not wrong, he just has a different opinion than you do and I agree with supreme. It would have been nice to go 16-0 but ultimately it wouldn't have mattered since we couldn't win the SB. And no, pulling the starters at the end of the regular season had nothing to do with losing the SB.

Agreed.

How do you know it had nothing to do with that? We played 2 cupcakes in the playoffs and got rolled by a good team in the Super Bowl

How do you know it had nothing to do with that? We played 2 cupcakes in the playoffs and got rolled by a good team in the Super Bowl

2 cupcakes? The Ravens and Jets both had two of the best defenses in the league that year. The Jets had the best defense AND the best running game. 2 cupcakes?

2 cupcakes? The Ravens and Jets both had two of the best defenses in the league that year. The Jets had the best defense AND the best running game. 2 cupcakes?

Cupcakes, easier road to the Super Bowl in NFL history. The #5 and #6 seed in the playoffs. The only reason NY made the playoffs is because we let them, and Baltimore had an inept offense.

And I won't respect anyone's opinion who has Bob "glassman" Sanders as his avatar.

It's called playing smart. I wanted to go for it, ok, understand that. But when you really think about it the smart decision is to rest your starters. It's like when Peyton ran the ball at the end of the Oakland game. He could have tried to score but instead he fell down at the 2 yard line. That allowed the colts to then just kneel the ball and the clock could run out. If Peyton had scored he would have opened a window for the raiders to possibly win/tie the game. If Peyton had gone down we wouldn't have even made it pass the ravens. I want to win every game and keep our starters in all the time, but you can't fault the organization for doing the smart thing.

Cupcakes, easier road to the Super Bowl in NFL history. The #5 and #6 seed in the playoffs. The only reason NY made the playoffs is because we let them, and Baltimore had an inept offense.

And I won't respect anyone's opinion who has Bob "glassman" Sanders as his avatar.

I thought that you would be someone worth reading on this board. I was wrong.

Just because they are the #5 or #6 seed, doesn't mean they are a bad team. The Packers won it all last year with a #6 seed, if I remember correctly.

So the Colts could have went 18-1 like the Patriots did? The Patriots will always be remembered as the team that won all regular season games and lost the Super Bowl. Sure, when the Colts were 14-0, we didn't know they would lose the Super Bowl, but I would have done the same thing. Freeney got hurt at the end of the Jet game which really hurt the Cotls in the Super Bowl. So you never know when that can happen. I had no problem with the Colts playing backups.

It's called playing smart. I wanted to go for it, ok, understand that. But when you really think about it the smart decision is to rest your starters. It's like when Peyton ran the ball at the end of the Oakland game. He could have tried to score but instead he fell down at the 2 yard line. That allowed the colts to then just kneel the ball and the clock could run out. If Peyton had scored he would have opened a window for the raiders to possibly win/tie the game. If Peyton had gone down we wouldn't have even made it pass the ravens. I want to win every game and keep our starters in all the time, but you can't fault the organization for doing the smart thing.

OK, if it's smart to rest the players, and this game doesn't matter,

why start them in this game at all???????

Why wait until late in the third quarter to make the change?????

OK, if it's smart to rest the players, and this game doesn't matter,

why start them in this game at all???????

Why wait until late in the third quarter to make the change?????

You still want to keep your team in a little rhythm. If you don't play them at all those last 2 weeks, then when it's time for the playoffs they havn't played in 4 weeks.

So the Colts could have went 18-1 like the Patriots did? The Patriots will always be remembered as the team that won all regular season games and lost the Super Bowl. Sure, when the Colts were 14-0, we didn't know they would lose the Super Bowl, but I would have done the same thing. Freeney got hurt at the end of the Jet game which really hurt the Cotls in the Super Bowl. So you never know when that can happen. I had no problem with the Colts playing backups.

The Patriots ha the guts to try in 2007. Have season tickets and wished they won the SB but its still one of the greatest seasons ever for me.. As far as I'm concerned, the 2009 end of season was more about Polian being afraid the players coulnt handle the pressure of being undefeated than resting starters. Lost alot of respect for the Colts organization in 2009. We were talking about it at the game today and how it seemed like that was a turnig point for the franchise. The 2010 Colts were on the decline. This year accelerated that with Peyton out.

Just because they are the #5 or #6 seed, doesn't mean they are a bad team. The Packers won it all last year with a #6 seed, if I remember correctly.

They did, oh but im not suppose to listen to you because your avatar is Bob Sanders ;)

I wonder who actually wanted to go 19-0 that year ...

Um I did....I wonder who didn't

Ask the Pats fan's, at this point I don't believe we would have went 16-0, as the Buf game was a snow bowl and risking injuries in that would not have been worth it, plus we didn't win the SB so we would have been 18-1 and nobodies cares and makes fun of you for that.

They are talking about the Packers and all the undefeated talk. Basically Ditka said we were afraid of it and tried to avoid it. Keyshawn said kind of sarcastically, that the Colts want to prove that their way always works and they want to be different. I'll never forgive them for 2009.

Absolutely correct!! I have never seen a more obvious case of someone scared of pressure than Polian in that disgraceful fiasco.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824c3ee9/article/perfection-or-playoff-glory-packers-may-have-to-choose-soon?module=HP11_cp

Even the "expert analysts" can't agree whether going for perfection or resting the players is the better way to go.

Polian/Caldwell (insert name of whichever you hate more) weren't scared, disloyal and it wasn't a decision made out of cowardice or a lack of competitiveness. They did what they felt gave them the best chance to win a superbowl. You can agree or disagree but to make these types of claims regarding the decision is just stupid.

Posted · Hidden by Peytongirl, December 6, 2011 - personal shot
Hidden by Peytongirl, December 6, 2011 - personal shot

I thought that you would be someone worth reading on this board. I was wrong.

Hey look everyone it is another in a long line of sarcastic hit and runs, from a guy who offers nothing to the forum but sarcasm. Well done!

i think the one thing Polian didn't figure into his decision was the psychie of the players. He created a huge distraction - internally, not even by the media - by pulling the starters. I don't think they were the same, mentally, after that game.

And for those who say we should rest our starters inmeaningless games, does that mean the starters shouldn't play inthe finla 2/3 games of the season if we have it all wrapped up? talk about "rust"!

I will always remember that season for the Hank Baskett botch and for not trying to acheive perfection. What athlete strives for not being the best?? incredibly bad decision by Polian!

http://www.nfl.com/n...?module=HP11_cp

Even the "expert analysts" can't agree whether going for perfection or resting the players is the better way to go.

Polian/Caldwell (insert name of whichever you hate more) weren't scared, disloyal and it wasn't a decision made out of cowardice or a lack of competitiveness. They did what they felt gave them the best chance to win a superbowl. You can agree or disagree but to make these types of claims regarding the decision is just stupid.

Not so sure it is stupid...

I was only able to go to ONE game that year & it was the Jets game, I paid GOOD money for that ticket & I was ROBBED...

I think many fans heavily object to the theory of resting starters because the year we won the SB, we didn't have home field wrapped up throughout & we actually played the entire season out...

and if the point of resting starters is to rest them then why even start them???

you can get hurt in the first quarter as easy as the fourth, but Manning was starting to keep his active starts streak in-tact & if i remember correctly Dallas & Reggie both had to get one or two receptions a piece in that buffalo game to accumalate some personal stats (just forget what the stat was...)

so why start players for personal stats, if the overall team record is 'Meaningless'