Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sunday Nfl Countdown Is Ripping The Colts, And I Love It

objectivecoltsfan

Colts giving 3 1/2 to 5 means we are favored by that much....

yeah... I know... I was trying to prove a point, someone made it sound like we obviously were inferior to the saints, and my point was at the time we were not according to the odds makers who are so often very very very accurate... Trying to further my point if we would have had continued MOMENTUM & not tempted the football gods we may have won & 18 would have 2 rings now...

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We lost the sb b/c garcon dropped a huge pass, the coaching staff didnt let peyton go n score at the end of the half, hank couldnt recover the onside kick, stover missed a field goal, porter made a great play, wayne dropped a td at the end if the gane, and our d couldnt stop brees when it mattered most. that's why we lost.

1. Receivers drop passes every game. Can't really blame a loss on that unless our receivers were dropping them all game.

2. Agree, Caldwell and whoever handcuffed Peyton at the end of the half. When I was watching, I knew at this point we would lose the game because we began to play conservative.

3. What coach in their right mind would tell Stover to kick a 51 yd FG? Oh yeah, Caldwell would tell him to do that.

yeah... I know... I was trying to prove a point, someone made it sound like we obviously were inferior to the saints, and my point was at the time we were not according to the odds makers who are so often very very very accurate... Trying to further my point if we would have had continued MOMENTUM & not tempted the football gods we may have won & 18 would have 2 rings now...

gotcha

1. Receivers drop passes every game. Can't really blame a loss on that unless our receivers were dropping them all game.

2. Agree, Caldwell and whoever handcuffed Peyton at the end of the half. When I was watching, I knew at this point we would lose the game because we began to play conservative.

3. What coach in their right mind would tell Stover to kick a 51 yd FG? Oh yeah, Caldwell would tell him to do that.

Right mind? Caldwell? Same sentence?

what if manning would have gotten a concussion or something crazy like that in those last two games and is deemed ineligible to play in the playoffs, then our playoff chances vanish immediately!!! (case in point -- this season).

The two teams we played (Jets and Buffalo) would have been out for our heads because they would have wanted to stop us from getting the 16-0 or better. Shula might have even paid them to crack our heads...... :D

Manning could get hurt in practice or weight-lifting or pregame warm ups. He could slip on the soap in the shower, trip over his untied shoelaces, throw his back out in the throes of passion, or wrench his neck watching an intense ping pong match. Maybe we should wrap him in bubble wrap slap a fragile sticker on him. Obviously, I am being silly with the last few, but I'm trying to illustrate the point that a player can have a season or career ending injury doing almost anything. they can't be protected all of the time, nor should they be. If the coaches and front office are that worried about injuries then they shouldn't play them in preseason, if they take it that far, they might as well not make the starters practice in any kind of contact drills, if they take it that far then they might as well not make them practice at all for fear of turning an ankle or tearing a rotator cuff.

The tough football players out there want to play. Let them play. I've said it before, I'm not upset over the undefeated season anymore, my problem is with not playing to win the game and not puttin the best product on the field. Having said that, go back and look at Manning on the sidelines after he was pulled against the Jets which negated their chances of making history by going undefeated. He wanted desperately to go back in. He is a grown man and capable making his own decisions. Why not let him stay in if he wanted to? And why leave most of the Other starters in if you are serious about protecting them from injury. I disagree with the plan, but they should stick with it all the way if they are going to rest starters. And why play them at all in the Buffalo game? If the plan is to rest them, rest them from the start! Don't flip flop! Have the cajones to tell the starters to sit from the start, or let them play it out.

yea, manning was

Manning could get hurt in practice or weight-lifting or pregame warm ups. He could slip on the soap in the shower, trip over his untied shoelaces, throw his back out in the throes of passion, or wrench his neck watching an intense ping pong match. Maybe we should wrap him in bubble wrap slap a fragile sticker on him. Obviously, I am being silly with the last few, but I'm trying to illustrate the point that a player can have a season or career ending injury doing almost anything. they can't be protected all of the time, nor should they be. If the coaches and front office are that worried about injuries then they shouldn't play them in preseason, if they take it that far, they might as well not make the starters practice in any kind of contact drills, if they take it that far then they might as well not make them practice at all for fear of turning an ankle or tearing a rotator cuff.

The tough football players out there want to play. Let them play. I've said it before, I'm not upset over the undefeated season anymore, my problem is with not playing to win the game and not puttin the best product on the field. Having said that, go back and look at Manning on the sidelines after he was pulled against the Jets which negated their chances of making history by going undefeated. He wanted desperately to go back in. He is a grown man and capable making his own decisions. Why not let him stay in if he wanted to? And why leave most of the Other starters in if you are serious about protecting them from injury. I disagree with the plan, but they should stick with it all the way if they are going to rest starters. And why play them at all in the Buffalo game? If the plan is to rest them, rest them from the start! Don't flip flop! Have the cajones to tell the starters to sit from the start, or let them play it out.

yea, manning was ticked, i'll never, ever forget the look on his face. Total disgust for the Polians.