Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

belichick deemed hilton as the #1 wr

CR91

is it still an argument or can we finally say definitively that hilton is now the go to guy 

He's the go to guy, I just don't think he's a #1 WR the way I would traditionally understand it to be.  But that's ok I actually think several different receivers who can use their strength's to cover eachother's weaknesses is better then 1 superstar receiver.

He basically just said that's who they are gonna try to contain and limit is all i got from that....BUT little does bill know we have TOO MANY weapons outside of Hilton lol good luck bill good luck.

even when hilton was basically the only weapon last year in the playoffs, he couldnt stop him

He basically just said that's who they are gonna try to contain and limit is all i got from that....BUT little does bill know we have TOO MANY weapons outside of Hilton lol good luck bill good luck.

Which means Revis will be on Hilton.......... That should be interesting

That'll settle the "Hilton is a #1 WR" talks. If he can top one of the best CB's to play the game, that'll add to the argument that he is a #1

That'll settle the "Hilton is a #1 WR" talks. If he can top one of the best CB's to play the game, that'll add to the argument that he is a #1

Agreed, i think Hilton will best Revis atleast once or twice Sunday IMO...

Wayne is looking older by the week. He may not be able to run anymore by the end of the regular season.

If the Colts are going to beat the Pats, Wayne will play a big role. Expect the Patriots to mix up coverages, disguises, blitzing etc. I look for Wayne to find soft spots in coverages post snap. We will look to him a lot on third down, I feel. I bet he has 7+ catches.

It's not even a question, everybody sees the games.

It's just some people have these preconceived notions on #1 WRs and it won't change no matter what they see. Hilton can finish finish first/second in receiving yards and top 10 in receptions and people still wouldn't call him a #1 WR

Not a single catch last week. Only one 40 yard touchdown in the last 2 weeks. He's clearly slipping.

That's funny.

He's a HOF'er and a standup guy who admitted says he's wearing down. What's he 37? Let me know when you find someone that beats father time...I've got some questions.

If the Colts are going to beat the Pats, Wayne will play a big role. Expect the Patriots to mix up coverages, disguises, blitzing etc. I look for Wayne to find soft spots in coverages post snap. We will look to him a lot on third down, I feel. I bet he has 7+ catches.

That won't happen if Revis is on Wayne.  Even when Wayne was in his prime he was shut down by Revis.

Basically the Pats are going to force Luck to either target his TE's or throw hail mary's down the field to TY into double coverage.

That won't happen if Revis is on Wayne. Even when Wayne was in his prime he was shut down by Revis.

Basically the Pats are going to force Luck to either target his TE's or throw hail mary's down the field to TY into double coverage.

Oh, so you are expecting Moncrief to have a big game? Or maybe Dwayne Allen? Perhaps Ahmad Bradshaw? ;)

Edit: These days Reggie plays a lot from the slot, so he wont be covered my Revis the whole game.

That won't happen if Revis is on Wayne.  Even when Wayne was in his prime he was shut down by Revis.

Yeah, the Colts #1 offense will be limited so badly.

You make it seem way too simple. TY has never been double covered before, right? Like the previous Pats games? lol Dwayne allen and Coby Fleener aren't slouches either.

Oh, so you are expecting Moncrief to have a big game? Or maybe Dwayne Allen? Perhaps Ahmad Bradshaw? ;)

Edit: These days Reggie plays a lot from the slot, so he wont be covered my Revis the whole game.

Actually Revis can and has played slot.  He did when he was on the Jets and they put him on Welker.

If Wayne is in the slot that benefits the Pats secondary.  They can have Revis on him.  But if not they'll have either Dennard or Arrington on him.  Arrington is one of the better inside slot CB's.

That means Revis and Ryan are on the outside.

Browner on Allen like he was on Thomas last week.

How many catches has Wayne gotten against Revis?

And it's easy to make catches when the other team's best corner is covering TY and not Wayne. It was like the Broncos game where the Broncos were willing to give Wayne those short completions.

Wayne has catches against revis in his prime in the playoffs

He already did that when he school Sherman last year!  HELLO! :)  Sorry, couldn't resist! 

Yeah, the Colts #1 offense will be limited so badly.

You make it seem way too simple. TY has never been double covered before, right? Like the previous Pats games? lol Dwayne allen and Coby Fleener aren't slouches either.

When did the Colts play a team with an excellent legit secondary with depth?

Revis

Browner

Ryan

Butler

Dennard

Arrington

McCourty

Chung

Jones

Colts couldn't get much going against the Broncos and their secondary isn't as good.

Actually Revis can and has played slot. He did when he was on the Jets and they put him on Welker.

If Wayne is in the slot that benefits the Pats secondary. They can have Revis on him. But if not they'll have either Dennard or Arrington on him. Arrington is one of the better inside slot CB's.

That means Revis and Ryan are on the outside.

Browner on Allen like he was on Thomas last week.

If you have Revis on Wayne, TY absolutely will have a big game. Bronco's #2 corner is better than Pat's number two.

Did TY school the Broncos and Eagles?  But they lost didn't they? They still got smoked by the Steelers with TY in the game.

What does that have to do with anything the person I quoted say and my comments to it?  He just said he needed to beat one of the top CB's in the league and he already did that.