Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mcnabb Released

Case

From what was said by people in the Redskins and Vikings organizations, McNabb wasn't putting in the time necessary to succeed. I kind of doubt he will for another organization.

I think the Eagles played to McNabb's strengths and he had success there. But when they realized that he wasn't going to take them any further they cut ties with him and didn't care that he went to a division rival because they didn't feel he would be a threat to them (Eagles).

Mcnabb is going to go the bears and possibly take them to the playoffs. I think that is a pretty good gig. And as someone who has lived in philly and watched every eagles game, mcnabb was really overrated in the national media.

Thank you. I have never understood why so many people seem to think this guy is so great. Was he a good athlete? Absolutely, but I get tired of hearing how awesome he is/was. I never thought that he was all that great, personally. He has a bad attitude in my opinion.

Thank you. I have never understood why so many people seem to think this guy is so great. Was he a good athlete? Absolutely, but I get tired of hearing how awesome he is/was. I never thought that he was all that great, personally. He has a bad attitude in my opinion.

Your Welcome :)

Best way to describe McNabb is that he lacked that competitive spark which the great qbs have (Manning, Brady). That and the fact the ground was his favorite target with his throws.

I think the Eagles played to McNabb's strengths and he had success there. But when they realized that he wasn't going to take them any further they cut ties with him and didn't care that he went to a division rival because they didn't feel he would be a threat to them (Eagles).

Not only did they not care that he went to a division rival, they traded him to a division rival. That is almost unheard of.

Mcnabb is going to go the bears and possibly take them to the playoffs. I think that is a pretty good gig. And as someone who has lived in philly and watched every eagles game, mcnabb was really overrated in the national media.

If he goes to Chicago, and the Bears make the playoffs. the Bears took him there. Not the other way around.

He hasn't shown he can take a team anywhere for a while now.

McNabb's decline started when Terrell Owens humiliated him on national television when he followed him all over the sidelines barking at him like he was a puppy. To this day I will never understand McNabb simply walking away from him like a coward. He should have turned to him and jumped down this throat like the leader of the should should do. He has never been the same since. He will take no one anywhere and so he should play golf with Farve (another QB that did not know when to quit).

McNabb's decline started when Terrell Owens humiliated him on national television when he followed him all over the sidelines barking at him like he was a puppy. To this day I will never understand McNabb simply walking away from him like a coward. He should have turned to him and jumped down this throat like the leader of the should should do. He has never been the same since. He will take no one anywhere and so he should play golf with Farve (another QB that did not know when to quit).

I don't care for T.O., but perhaps he was speaking the truth, and McNabb couldn't dispute for fear of others jumping in.

The guy had some great years in Philly. He helped lead the Eagles to four NFC title games and a Super Bowl. That is nothing to laugh at considering the crap that he had at WR for most of the time he was there.

The guy has just fallen on his face these past few years. The guy was a very good QB, but obviously his attitude got in the way and he just is not working hard enough anymore.

I do not know how he did not put the work in at Minnesota. It was the perfect time to resurrect his career. He had the best running back in the league and a dynamic WR in Harvin to play with. AD should have taken so much pressure off of him. I just do not get how you do not put the time in given a perfect opportunity.

anyone remember the eagles-cowboys playoff game donovans last year in philly...

donovan acted like a goofball the whole game...

playing air guitar & scaring the dallas fans...

That is how i will always remember him...

I remember that. I think it was his way of staying relaxed, or maybe he was hoping his positive attitude would rub off onto his teammates and make them play better. So much for that!

Ahhh, and it just keeps going downhill. Now we must prepare for the "Get Donovan McNabb" threads, and that's never fun.

I think the fans finally realize free agency (for us) is a waste of time. We aren't going to the playoffs, and we already wasted money on deadbeat Collins, so may as well ride it out.

anyone remember the eagles-cowboys playoff game donovans last year in philly...

donovan acted like a goofball the whole game...

playing air guitar & scaring the dallas fans...

That is how i will always remember him...

Same way many of our fans remember him. That clip has been used many times on our board.