Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cowboys only team that can beat all 31 teams?

bap1331

You gotta think about it. Every team seems to have a weakness:

Patriots are weak to Broncos way before Peyton Manning with Jake Plummer as QB and Giants.

Broncos are weak to Seahawks

Colts weak to Chargers and Pats (hopefully that will change this year)

Etc.

But Cowboys always find a way to keep it close but lose because of fixable mistakes. For example keeping up with the 2014 Broncos and Peyton. Romo always seems to find a way even though his oline has been horrible. He has come to a point where even pressure doesnt get to him because he is so used to dodging defenders from horrible oline. Add a healthy Demarco Murray and even with a bad defense, they always can keep it up. Just my 2 Cents..i may be wrong.

The Cowboys are so good that they have gone 8-8 for three seasons in a row. Although, what youre talking about is rivalries and the 49ers fit the bill for the Cowboys

The win over the Hawks was great, but its still just 6 weeks in. Way to early to crown them. We still havent seen December/January romo make an appearance this season. This happens every year. They look great for a few games and than crash back to Earth come crunch time.

Denver is better than Dallas and Seattle is too.  Denver and Seattle came down to a coin toss when both teams were at full strength.  Dallas played Seattle when the Seahawks were missing their best defensive player.  I'm not at all sold that they would move the ball like that with Chancellor in the ball game.

You gotta think about it. Every team seems to have a weakness:

Patriots are weak to Broncos way before Peyton Manning with Jake Plummer as QB and Giants.

Broncos are weak to Seahawks

Colts weak to Chargers and Pats (hopefully that will change this year)

Etc.

But Cowboys always find a way to keep it close but lose because of fixable mistakes. For example keeping up with the 2014 Broncos and Peyton. Romo always seems to find a way even though his oline has been horrible. He has come to a point where even pressure doesnt get to him because he is so used to dodging defenders from horrible oline. Add a healthy Demarco Murray and even with a bad defense, they always can keep it up. Just my 2 Cents..i may be wrong.

They will struggle vs the Eagles this year I think.

Just like we shouldn't make too much out of one loss, we probably shouldn't make too much out of one win.

Cowboys have looked good this year and they just got a statement win against Seattle who probably isn't as good this year as they where the last year.

But a little too early to be crowning them.

They lost to the 49ers in week 1....so they can't beat all 31 teams. Say what you want about it being the start of the season and Romo's back surgery and everything, but a loss is a loss.  They also play the Colts late in the season so, at best, they're going 14-2.....see what I did there?

Cowboys will go at least 12-4 this season and probably are a top 2 seed in the NFC, IMO. Foles struggled vs the Cowboys last year in game 1 and the last game Romo was out with a back injury and Orton was playing QB for Cowboys, I expect this year to be no different.

Since the NFC West and NFC East play each other, one division winner from those 2 finish #1 in the NFC and the other finishes #2 in the NFC, which is how I think it will play out.

5 weeks ago, Johnny Manziel was going to be the Browns QB by week 5...

3 weeks ago...Aaron Rodgers was 'off' and struggling..

2 weeks ago,.,..Tom Brady was washed up..headed for AARP..

1 week ago..the NYGs had 'found the answer' offensively and were riding hard on the comeback trail..like Secretariat

///// story lines are like the Sunday paper...big and rich and colorful and long since forgotten a week later

Denver is better than Dallas and Seattle is too.  Denver and Seattle came down to a coin toss when both teams were at full strength.  Dallas played Seattle when the Seahawks were missing their best defensive player.  I'm not at all sold that they would move the ball like that with Chancellor in the ball game.

I think if the Broncos had not played scared they would have smoked Seattle

When was the last time he had a good running game? When was the last time they started 5-1?

Murray averaged 5.2 yards last year. 4.1 the year before that. I don't care how they're starting, like I said, in the end they always find a way to mess things up. There's a reason they have won one playoff game in the past 20 years.

Murray averaged 5.2 yards last year. 4.1 the year before that. I don't care how they're starting, like I said, in the end they always find a way to mess things up. There's a reason they have won one playoff game in the past 20 years.

I'm not taking about YPC. How about attempts, yards, first downs.

Also I didn't realize Romo has been there 20 years. I

I'm not taking about YPC. How about attempts, yards, first downs.

Also I didn't realize Romo has been there 20 years. I

What? If you're averaging that many yards a season then you are clearly doing something right. The yards he averaged last year are higher than the ones he's averaging now, and look at how well he is doing. No, Romo has not been there for 20 years, but half of that, yes, he has. Again, one playoff win. He gets more excuses than every QB not named Manning in the league, and people are always ready to give him that elite status but he is not elite. There is a reason he is perceived as a choker in the NFL, and where there is smoke there is fire. Elite QBs can overcome his team's mistakes.

Maybe one day they can join the elite company of the Texans and finally break into the elusive "2 playoff wins" category. 

Screw off. This discussion has nothing to do with the Texans. We've been in existence for like two more years than Romo "Mr Elite" has been QB of the Cowboys. And we've never had a QB who gets lauded as much as Romo has been, either. As much smack as the Cowgirl fans talk, you would think they win the SB every year. Same thing for people like you.

I think the Cowboys have improved, but as we all know , you need to get hot in the playoffs, and be relatively injury free. There is a lot of parity this year, so I'm not about to crown the Cowboys , nor say they can beat everyone. It was an impressive victory though, in Seattle. The Philly game will be interesting.

Screw off. This discussion has nothing to do with the Texans. We've been in existence for like two more years than Romo "Mr Elite" has been QB of the Cowboys. And we've never had a QB who gets lauded as much as Romo has been, either. As much smack as the Cowgirl fans talk, you would think they win the SB every year. Same thing for people like you.

Romo is better than any qb in Houston since Warren Moon

What? If you're averaging that many yards a season then you are clearly doing something right. The yards he averaged last year are higher than the ones he's averaging now, and look at how well he is doing. No, Romo has not been there for 20 years, but half of that, yes, he has. Again, one playoff win. He gets more excuses than every QB not named Manning in the league, and people are always ready to give him that elite status but he is not elite. There is a reason he is perceived as a choker in the NFL, and where there is smoke there is fire. Elite QBs can overcome his team's mistakes.

They didn't run the ball as much in years past. Garret is dedicated to it this year.

They didn't run the ball as much in years past. Garret is dedicated to it this year.

....And still he averaged more yards last year. They are dedicated to it now, but as everyone has been pointing out, Murray is not going to last with the alarming number of carries he is getting. Especially since he has been known to be a bit injury-prone in the past. If he goes down then things get a lot harder for Romo, and he doesn't excel in do or die situations. I'm not convinced they are going to the Super Bowl like everyone else is. It is about getting hot at the end of the year, not running the tracks off of your starter at the beginning.

How many rings does he have to show for it? You just proved my point by the way.

How many rings does Dan Marino have? Football is a team sport. The cowboys biggest problem has been the owner

Romo isn't nearly as mistake prone as people make him out to be. He has a lot of come from behind 4th quarter wins in his career. He also has a career qb rating that is in the top ten all time.

When was the last time he had a good running game? When was the last time they started 5-1?

Well cowboys have had a good run game for a couple years now.. this is the only year they have stuck with it. The only thing is, how long can Murray hold up.. gettin ran 30 times a game is rough. Specially for 16 weeks. Not including playoffs if they make it that far.. 2004 is the last year they started off 5-1.

How many rings does Dan Marino have? Football is a team sport. The cowboys biggest problem has been the owner

Romo isn't nearly as mistake prone as people make him out to be. He has a lot of come from behind 4th quarter wins in his career. He also has a career qb rating that uis in the top ten all time.

Oh boy, so now we're comparing Romo to Marino? An all-time great? Romo has had defenses in the past, running games, and still he gets more passes than he throws. Football is a team sport but there is a reason why quarterbacks (Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Brady) get all of the recognition when their teams win. Quarterback is the single most important position in all of sports. Think on this: In win or go home games, Romo is 1-7. Let that sink in.

Well cowboys have had a good run game for a couple years now.. this is the only year they have stuck with it. The only thing is, how long can Murray hold up.. gettin ran 30 times a game is rough. Specially for 16 weeks. Not including playoffs if they make it that far.. 2004 is the last year they started off 5-1.

I'm sure they thought they were Super Bowl-bound then too lol.

Oh boy, so now you're comparing Romo to Marino? An all-time great? Romo has had defenses in the past, running games, and still he gets more passes than he throws. Football is a team sport but there is a reason why quarterbacks (Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Brady) get all of the recognition when their teams win. Quarterback is the single most important position in all of sports. Think on this: In win or go home games, Romo is 1-7. Let that sink in.

I don't know why i talk to you about qbs. You think Bob Griffen, Johnny Clipboard and Matt Schaub are good

I don't know why i talk to you about qbs. You think Bob Griffen, Johnny Clipboard and Matt Schaub are good

Ahhh, so you've lost the argument and are now resorting to stupid arguments again. I'm not surprised. I don't know why I talk to you about QBs either, your Golden Boy got dropkicked and plays for another team now and you still use his picture for your avatar.

Ahhh, so you've lost the argument and are now resorting to stupid arguments again. I'm not surprised. I don't know why I talk to you about QBs either, your Golden Boy got dropkicked and plays for another team now and you still use his picture for your avatar.

Do you see what he is holding in that picture?

And ? Im not sure texans fans want to talk playoff success

We can talk about it more than Cowgirl fans. And Colts fans love to talk about the playoffs and SBs too as evidenced by this thread but you guys only have one Lombardi to show for it. We can talk about whatever we want lol, the only team's fans that would be allowed to by your rule right now would be the Seahawks.