Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

who would have thought

csmopar

Wow. The Rams have 1 sack so far this season. One of the best defensive lines in the game...

Also, we're on pace for 45 sacks this year. That would have been 8th best in 2013. We only had 42 last year, with Mathis leading the way. Hopefully we keep this up.

I sure didn't see this coming......

We appear to be blitzing far more than we used to and with much more effectiveness.

Props to Manusky who I always thought gets a very bad rap around here....

This is not a hugely talented defense.   But at least it's playing hard and is well coached and Manusky is getting the most out of it.

Now.....  let's hope this can continue for the entire regular season and the playoffs too....

Hopefully, Bjorn continues to grow. 3 sacks in the last two games is promising. Manusky has done a good job. Our D-line has done well, and Walden is making some plays. Much better than the first two weeks of the season. I know the quality of our opponents has something to do with it, but hopefully, the Monster is gaining confidence.

We appear to be blitzing far more than we used to and with much more effectiveness.

This is not a hugely talented defense. But at least it's playing hard and is well coached and Manusky is getting the most out of it.

Now..... let's hope this can continue for the entire regular season and the playoffs too....

Why isn't this a talented defense?

We have talent at the d-line, linebackers, and corners... just wondering where this misconception is stemming from that we have no defense? Aside from average to below average safeties I'd say our other units are all performing great.

Why isn't this a talented defense?

We have talent at the d-line, linebackers, and corners... just wondering where this misconception is stemming from that we have no defense? Aside from average to below average safeties I'd say our other units are all performing great.

I think there's a difference between a talented defense and a defense that is being coached up to its maximum ability.

And I think we have the latter and not the former.

We have talented corners.   And not a lot else that's going to get much attention.    We have questionable safeties and questionable linebackers and some questionable lineman.    At the moment,  they're playing great.   And I'm very pleased.

But, I think it's way too soon to say we have a great defense.   I'm not willing to say that until the end of the year.   I want to see how we do over the course of the regular season against better defenses and tough road trips.   And then I want to see how we do in the playoffs.

The more we play the more film opposing teams will have to study.   When they study that will they find soft spots in our defense?

That's what I want to find out.   How things go over the long haul of the season.

To me,  that's how we'll know if we have a great defense, or a good one that's being coached up.....

I think there's a difference between a talented defense and a defense that is being coached up to its maximum ability.

And I think we have the latter and not the former.

We have talented corners. And not a lot else that's going to get much attention. We have questionable safeties and questionable linebackers and some questionable lineman. At the moment, they're playing great. And I'm very pleased.

But, I think it's way too soon to say we have a great defense. I'm not willing to say that until the end of the year. I want to see how we do over the course of the regular season against better defenses and tough road trips. And then I want to see how we do in the playoffs.

The more we play the more film opposing teams will have to study. When they study that will they find soft spots in our defense?

That's what I want to find out. How things go over the long haul of the season.

To me, that's how we'll know if we have a great defense, or a good one that's being coached up.....

Ah I understand. But jones, chapman, redding, even rjf are what I'd consider a talented line. And Freeman, Werner and Jackson seem to be the makings of a great unit. So I guess my point is that while it may not be a "great" defense I do think there is a lot more talent than what most think. Grigson has done a very good job on not focusing resources to just the offense unlike his predecessor.

It takes time for the defense to trust the man beside him so if you have noticed this past couple of weeks the defense was working well together also remember we have missed Arthur Jones  who should be back next week vs cincy, Let him get a few reps in their and the colts should be really hard to reckon with

This is not a hugely talented defense.   But at least it's playing hard and is well coached and Manusky is getting the most out of it.

Now.....  let's hope this can continue for the entire regular season and the playoffs too....

Personally, I think it's a combination of very good coaching plus the defense being a bit more talented than you've been willing to agree to ;)

Personally, I think it's a combination of very good coaching plus the defense being a bit more talented than you've been willing to agree to ;)

Very true. There are a few who just cant let themselves be nothing but negative. They hand pick a few plays and then pass out judgment in negative comments. Just failing to see the big picture I guess.

Very true. There are a few who just cant let themselves be nothing but negative. They hand pick a few plays and then pass out judgment in negative comments. Just failing to see the big picture I guess.

That's true, there are some members like that.  I've never considered NCF to be one of them though.