Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vonte Davis Great write up

CS Coltsfan

Ha, you're funny.  If you had watched the game you would know.  Offenses move receivers around.  Denver moved DT from the left side to the right side after the first couple three drives because he was not getting open against Davis.  So of the times when Davis was on Sanders, he was targeted twice and got one reception for 5 yards according to the people in this thread.

I do find it funny, you want to jump on people for being "incorrect" or "wrong" about Sander's targets against Vontae but yet you totally ignore when someone asks you to provide examples of how Davis has underachieved this year.  So I will do to you what you seem to be doing.  Provide examples or admit you're wrong.

I simply asked a question about a comment made here.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I agree. If I had to choose between the two, I'd choose AJ, but Antonio Brown is one of the very best receivers in the league, and Vontae had trouble with smaller, quicker receivers last season. He shut down Demaryius Thomas, but got smoked by Tavon Austin. Even in the Bengals game, I think Andrew Hawkins might do more damage than AJ Green. Plus, AJ is nursing an injury.

I'll bet you anything that AJ Green does more damage to us than Andrew Hawkins when we play the Bengals.

Spoiler: Hawkins is a Brown now.

Answering a question with a question is not answering the question.

Is this your way of trying to keep the fight going in your continuously wavering argument? Seems a bit unnecessarily pedantic. This is really getting a bit sad... :(

Remember the time you claimed Morris Claiborne was better than Vontae Davis? I am still waiting for you to validify that in any way.

Is this your way of trying to keep the fight going in your continuously wavering argument? Seems a bit unnecessarily pedantic. This is really getting a bit sad... :(

Remember the time you claimed Morris Claiborne was better than Vontae Davis? I am still waiting for you to validify that in any way.

NO.

right now he's injured, but when healthy he's a cut above Davis and you know it n

Is that why he got benched and walked out of the cowboys facility? No, Claiborne isn't anywhere near as good as Davis and he hasn't been at any point in his pro career

Claiborne's first 3 games this season:

Targeted at: 5, 3, 7

Receptions: 3, 2, 5

Yards: 33, 84, 108

YAC: 14, 44, 29

TDs: 3

INTS: 1

Passes Defended: 0

QB Ratings when thrown at: 79.6, 149.3, 113.7

Davis' first 3 games this season:

Targeted at: 5, 4, 6

Receptions: 1, 2, 3

Yards: 5, 16, 33

YAC: 0, 11, 3

TDs: 0

INTs: 1

Passes Defended: 1

QB Ratings when thrown at: 39.6, 60.4, 27.1

And just for fun, Vontae's next two games were even better:

Targeted at: 0, 5

Receptions: 0, 2

Yards: 0, 25

YAC: 0, 8

QB Ratings when thrown at: 39.6, 16.7

Please bear in mind that Claiborne played agains the 49ers, Titans and the Rams, none of whom have prolific passing attacks. Davis played against Broncos, Eagles and Jaguars. Two of whom have very prolific passing attacks.

So basically, Davis' worst game is still considerably better than Claiborne's best game this year.

So I have proven you wrong, and you have no come back, because it too will be wrong.

Goodbye.

Claiborne's first 3 games this season:

Targeted at: 5, 3, 7

Receptions: 3, 2, 5

Yards: 33, 84, 108

YAC: 14, 44, 29

TDs: 3

INTS: 1

QB Ratings when thrown at: 79.6, 149.3, 113.7

Davis' first 3 games this season:

Targeted at: 5, 4, 6

Receptions: 1, 2, 3

Yards: 5, 16, 33

YAC: 0, 11, 3

Passes Defended: 1

QB Ratings when thrown at: 39.6, 60.4, 27.1

And just for fun, Vontae's next two games were even better:

Targeted at: 0, 5

Receptions: 0, 2

Yards: 0, 25

YAC: 0, 8

QB Ratings when thrown at: 39.6, 16.7

Please bear in mind that Claiborne played agains the 49ers, Titans and the Rams, none of whom have prolific passing attacks. Davis played against Broncos, Eagles and Jaguars. Two of whom have very prolific passing attacks.

So basically, Davis' worst game is still considerably better than Claiborne's best game this year.

So I have proven you wrong, and you have no come back, because it too will be wrong.

Goodbye.

how dare you bring stats to this debate.... 

You guys sure do come together to support your average Joe CB. Impressive.

Some more direct questions...

1) Do you completely dismiss all statistical data that has been presented on this topic? 

2) Injury aside, judging from the game film of this season are you truly saying that Claiborne, as it stands is better than Davis?

How come you said you were done when you're not done?

Because you folks continue to show your a**. I'm amused by it. I'm especially amused by the people who now claim Davis is the very best CB in the NFL.. Before I started this, you guys had him as a top ten gut. I've gotten you people to now say he's the best of the best. By next week I'll have you outraged into calling him the greatest of all time.

Yes. The totality of his career says more than a couple of games.

It's more than a "couple" of games now, and if you watched him last year there were glimpses of this level of performance (when fit). I'll think you'll find that the main topic of debate is whether Davis is currently playing at a top level. Are you saying that he's not currently playing at such a level, because the numbers and game film sure look like it.

I notice you ignored the 2nd question, why do you continually pick and choose what you'll respond to, quite often ignoring the difficult questions? If your opinion if valid and correct it should stand up to all form or scrutiny no? Of course I suppose it all depends on your motivation. 

As if that would make a difference.

To me it would make a difference.

I think most people here have only put up with you because you're a Colts fan.

Finding out you're a fan of another team,  with the number of spectacularly stupid posts you've made over two threads over the past few days,  then that just makes you a troll looking for trouble.

You're deliberately trying to annoy people.    And doing a very good job of it, I might add.

I think at this point,  banning you from the site makes perfect sense. You're no longer bringing anything to the table.     Your mission here clearly is to annoy.

Well done!

Because you folks continue to show your a**. I'm amused by it. I'm especially amused by the people who now claim Davis is the very best CB in the NFL.. Before I started this, you guys had him as a top ten gut. I've gotten you people to now say he's the best of the best. By next week I'll have you outraged into calling him the greatest of all time.

So you're saying you're only continuing in this topic because annoying people amuses you?

He is a top 10 corner. You are the one who said he couldn't start for any other team in the league. I dont think any reasonable person thinks he is the best in the NFL. But he is closer to that than your assessment