Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Number 1 Seed Anyone?

braveheartcolt

The Colts aren't making the playoffs without Mathis, this is a 7-9 or 8-8  team at best. Every team in the division has improved and the Titans looks like the class of the division under Wisenhunt. The good that will come out of this is that will end up with a top 10 pick and finally get a chance to draft a great defensive player, this teams needs a franchise game changing defensive player  to compete with the best teams in the league.

The Chiefs have kinda stunk for half a season now. The Titans may be improved, but they will have to do more than whip KC to prove it.

• 1 month later...

I like our chance, and now that our toughest game is out of the way, I expect us to go on a great run. 13 - 3 is very achievable, with the Eagles, Steelers and Cowboys being the toughest matches.

I'm assuming we can actually get ahead at half time on some of our games, and if we keep any deficit to single figures at the half, we can win out!

Clearly we need some reasonable luck on the injury front, and a few good bounces, but I'm confident we can nab home field advantage.....

And yes, I took that from the way we played yesterday, our upside, and our schedule. Feel free to rip me to shreads.....

We've already played the Eagles.  Did you mean someone else there?

Nevermind I just figured out this is an old post from you before we actually played the Eagles.

I see the Colts getting the No. 2 or 3 seed. But, the Colts will be the top AFC seed for the next four-five years. The road to the Super Bowl in the AFC in a couple of years will go through the Lucas Oil Stadium.

I agree. 2 seed at best.  I see Broncos 13-3 or 12-4 and they own the tie breaker over us .  Texans have easy draw after finishing last in our div last year, can see them getting 5 or 6 seed with chargers

I'm weary of the Titans for some reason, I feel like we split with them. Bengals scare me a bit too, as do all of the AFC North teams not named the Browns. I'm fine with 10-12 wins so long as we get the division crown out of it. A wild card berth would make me uneasy though.

what exactly about the titans makes you weary? We destroyed them....and we play them in the last game of the season where we'll be fighting for a first round playoff bye. I just can't imagine us not winning convincingly again.

I like our chance, and now that our toughest game is out of the way, I expect us to go on a great run. 13 - 3 is very achievable, with the Eagles, Steelers and Cowboys being the toughest matches.

I'm assuming we can actually get ahead at half time on some of our games, and if we keep any deficit to single figures at the half, we can win out!

Clearly we need some reasonable luck on the injury front, and a few good bounces, but I'm confident we can nab home field advantage.....

And yes, I took that from the way we played yesterday, our upside, and our schedule. Feel free to rip me to shreads.....

I hope we win the division by one game. The draft position is more important.

The Colts aren't making the playoffs without Mathis, this is a 7-9 or 8-8  team at best. Every team in the division has improved and the Titans looks like the class of the division under Wisenhunt. The good that will come out of this is that will end up with a top 10 pick and finally get a chance to draft a great defensive player, this teams needs a franchise game changing defensive player  to compete with the best teams in the league.

good call  :thmup:

I hope we win the division by one game. The draft position is more important.

I don't think it would matter by how many games we win the division by in regards to draft seeding.  If I remember correctly, once the playoffs start, draft seeding goes by order of elimination and record would only come into effect when determining draft order between teams that lost on the same playoff weekend.

If the Colts only win the division by 1 game, but go on to win the SB then their record doesn't matter because winning the SB means they get the #32 draft spot.  If the Colts go 14-2 but lose during wildcard weekend, then they're picking somewhere between #22-26...I would imagine 26 unless another 14-2 team also lost during wildcard weekend.  

The Colts have had a soft schedule so far and have lost to the only good teams they have faced. No chance they get the number one seed and I would be surprised if they get more than nine-ten wins.

your predictions have been terrible so far. So this post is encouraging

To be honest, I'd rather have the #2 seeding as long as New England does not get the #1 seeding. Anyone else, we can handle for one playoff game on the road, I feel. The #1 seed most likely faces an offensive team in the Chargers or Broncos in rhythm after their wild card round, most likely and that is sometimes harder to handle in a divisional round, I feel. It is easier to face a defensive team/offensively less challenging team than a potent offensive team in the divisional round, I feel.